• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
Yeah don't let em learn the matchup lol. West Coast players have forgotten the DK matchup I'm sure since none of us are really that active in playing DK except for m7h i think. I'm guessing DSF went snake on first set and MK on the second? I can pretty much assure you that no marth in socal has DK practice so take advantage of that.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
I'm still mad exhausted from the insane weekend as expected. Had mad fun hanging out with Will i learnt so much from him Nair offstage to spike (it works) how to approach ice climber, punish with down tilt (fast and more range). the biggest fear was facing DSF for round 3 on friday. Will knew that I know how to fight MKs because I ***** em but this one was tough. I felt like he knows the matchup from inside and out. He took me to halberd game 1 and i choked there. All he did was camping under me and tornado me from there. I probably didn't shield in time due to the pressure. in game 2, i took him to battlefield. i was winning till the last stock he truly outplayed me. I was dying offstage he was down airing, backairing me from the ledge when i tried to get back on the stage and up b'ed me for the finish. I beat everyone else in friendlies easily and some were close matches like vs Ally ( i beat him though he probably sandbagged idk). The only persons i lost to were polt, m2k, and some few people. In the losers, I knew I would lose to san he's too good vs me that is all. It sucked that I had to fight him in the losers I kinda gave in and hope for the best for him in the tournament. Unfortunately he didnt so well vs Chudut. I feel like people from my region lack matchup experience. The only good players were Snakeee, Cura, Pikapika and san. No 1 mains MK or Snake.

I got in mad friendlies vs good players cuz I know i won't have a chance to play em anytime soon. So I played Lain, Atomsk, M2K, Ally, ADHD (he sandbags too much in friendlies), Tyrant, Cheese ( i think), fatal (beat him easily maybe cuz he didnt know the matchup well) and more. I know my DK is so beast but i have yet to show it in tournament. Next time! Thanks to Will I was able to beat Lain it was an intense set mad people were watching Lol.

Also, me and san didn't do so well in dubz. I feel like we choked for no reason but we're SO insanely good. Will, you need to stop ledge drop to airdodge back on the stage everytime. I always see you get punish by that. Try to mix it in by stalling, double jump, 1 jump then airdodge etc. and ledge attack stand up or roll. After this awesome experience, I knew how awesome my DK is and Will's too. We're going to get em next time =D

Luigi player

Smash Master
Good stuff guys. So you ***** in friendlies... next time do it in tourney too. :)

I got in mad friendlies vs good players cuz I know i won't have a chance to play em anytime soon. So I played Lain, Atomsk, M2K, Ally, ADHD (he sandbags too much in friendlies), Tyrant, Cheese ( i think), fatal (beat him easily maybe cuz he didnt know the matchup well) and more. I know my DK is so beast but i have yet to show it in tournament. Next time! Thanks to Will I was able to beat Lain it was an intense set mad people were watching Lol.
Was that vs Lain a money match?

Cable

Smash Lord
GJ to both Will and Dr.G its great to know there was some DK rep at MLG congrats.

Im going to try my best to go to Columbus i just hope school doesnt interefere as usual.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I'm still mad exhausted from the insane weekend as expected. Had mad fun hanging out with Will i learnt so much from him Nair offstage to spike (it works) how to approach ice climber, punish with down tilt (fast and more range). the biggest fear was facing DSF for round 3 on friday. Will knew that I know how to fight MKs because I ***** em but this one was tough. I felt like he knows the matchup from inside and out. He took me to halberd game 1 and i choked there. All he did was camping under me and tornado me from there. I probably didn't shield in time due to the pressure. in game 2, i took him to battlefield. i was winning till the last stock he truly outplayed me. I was dying offstage he was down airing, backairing me from the ledge when i tried to get back on the stage and up b'ed me for the finish. I beat everyone else in friendlies easily and some were close matches like vs Ally ( i beat him though he probably sandbagged idk). The only persons i lost to were polt, m2k, and some few people. In the losers, I knew I would lose to san he's too good vs me that is all. It sucked that I had to fight him in the losers I kinda gave in and hope for the best for him in the tournament. Unfortunately he didnt so well vs Chudut. I feel like people from my region lack matchup experience. The only good players were Snakeee, Cura, Pikapika and san. No 1 mains MK or Snake.

Also, me and san didn't do so well in dubz. I feel like we choked for no reason but we're SO insanely good. Will, you need to stop ledge drop to airdodge back on the stage everytime. I always see you get punish by that. Try to mix it in by stalling, double jump, 1 jump then airdodge etc. and ledge attack stand up or roll. After this awesome experience, I knew how awesome my DK is and Will's too. We're going to get em next time =D
Thanks for the advice bro, I know it's one of my absolute worst habits but I have never really focused on breaking it lol bc for some reason other people don't pick up on it, but the good players do and then I get ***** xD

I get pretty impatient but I know I should wait and bait something so that I can get up attack, maybe edge drop charge cancel once so they think I will do it again and then punish them for it. I learned a lot from you as well, and I felt like I got a lotttt better just by chilling with you and watching you play. We definitely need to hang out more sometime, and I guarantee that for all of us DK mains, if we all got together we could learn so much from each other.

I honestly think that will be the best way to improve DK's metagame from here on out. We have to meet up and disperse information =P I'm all for it, just hit me up if you are heading to NYC or Long Island anytime and I will come find you guys and play =)

D0N

Smash Ace
I steal tricks from every DK I play/watch even if they don't main DK as long as I see potential lol. It's like I'm Seth from SF4. I do that in all fighting games. Not to say I don't have my own tricks or didn't think of some things own my own, but I can think of 5 trick-person combinations of the top of my head. It's just a good thing to do... Just as long as you're not mindlessly copying something.

D0N

Smash Ace
Try me Us.
Not to say that these people did it first in any way, its just I decided something was useful after watching them do it (in person or in a vid) and found ways to apply it... Some are really basic things I noticed when I just started.

SlashTalon (non-active falco) - down-b has rediculous range.

Kyle - F-air when coming from offstage while being edge-gaurded can catch some who don't expect it.

Famous - F-air infinite jump thing.

Will - Using up-b to run away and land on platforms on places like smashville/battlefield, up-b from the ledge to onstage works sometimes eventhough it looks like it shouldn't, and holding down before you jump makes it easy to not fast-fall when you d-air offstage. Also, switching between f-air and d-air for water spikes (use what's not stale last).

Ripple - side-b after ledge jump and OoS (Unexpected and can break a shield lol). I also learned you can run offstage and fair without jumping and still come back. I may have got using more up-b approaches from him too. Also the basics against IC and some ways to land grabs.

Cable - Sometimes spamming up angled f-tilt against MK psychologically makes them afraid to tornado.

Rag - Some ideas about the snake matchup, charge an u-smash after side-b (Though it still never works for me), Save smashes for kills.

F_T_S - Throwing out somewhat random non-charge punches seems to work.

Silfa - Up-b braking. I never did it and considered it useless until I saw it working for him in person.

Micealis - Some situations I could use u-smash

Chineseah (probly spelled wrong) - u-tilt is really good

Bum - Well spaced f-smashes can go a long way

Kadaj - Ideas on how to play DK on Japes.

Will/Cable - I suck offstage in DK dittos lol

There's more... I just don't feel like thinking much anymore.

D0N

Smash Ace
LOL! Kadaj plays DK? havnt seen him in a while.
Nah not really lol, he just gave me a general gameplan on Japes when I was still learning how to play the game cuz he's ona those smart players with ideas about lots of chars.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i'm feelin' kinda monkeyish lately, getting a haircut tomorrow.

Should I get my hair done similar to DK's hairdo?

Cable

Smash Lord

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm going to columbus definitely. I can avtually drive there.

also, anybody want to do DK teams?

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I'm going to columbus definitely. I can avtually drive there.

also, anybody want to do DK teams?
You wanna do DK team mm's?

Cable Will vs Ripple ook..it should be fun.
Can't wait for Columbus ^_^

Yay @ all the DK's coming to this!! We definitely need to do that double DK ditto teams match. We got this Cable =P

D0N

Smash Ace
I thought a little after realizing it's Columbus. I know someone who I could stay with in Ohio + someone in my area has expressed interest in going to MLG...

That could mean free housing + no driving for me, one of the few circumstances I would consider going atm lol. This IS Clombus, Ohio right? My geography is terrible lol.

EDIT: I'll be in GA starting work around ohio time, and while I know people there (Big Lou will probly go i'm guessing)... I'll be starting work. Around NC time home isn't to far off... but I'll be finishing my last 2-3 days at work lol. Oh well, record that teams match.

D0N

Smash Ace
lol Hakan is so hyped up. They even had a capcom event where players oil wrestled. I'm playing with Cody and maybe T hawk or DJ. I use to play Blanka but im giving him up.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Wow epic texture man! It seems like all the DK textures are really crappy looking in game but that actually looks really good. Pimp suit DK ftw.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
are you doing to do anything for the hair on his head? or will it just be whatever color you choose from the CSS?

edit: and what about a fedora hat? i think that would look cool.

D0N

Smash Ace
are you doing to do anything for the hair on his head? or will it just be whatever color you choose from the CSS?

edit: and what about a fedora hat? i think that would look cool.
I'm kinda curious as to how a hat would look...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom