• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cable

Smash Lord
Dr.G you should also like learn how to perfect shield Ike's fair if your reaction is quck after you shield it you can get a free Up air. The other arsenal Ike has is jab just space yourself with B-air which you did great and a few d-tilt and f-tilts.
And like Luigi P said work on your up B's to the edge very important also perfect landing on the stage can be useful.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
ike like to stay on the ground--jab cancelling is too pro. you can bait into downb and when he's campy a quick overb.

Your ledge charging is amazing. That's too risky for me. It also looks like it's easily ledgeguarded

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
yea, i don't do it that often only when my opponent is waiting for me to get back on the stage which they usually do so i do it lol

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Yeah man that charge canceling is tight. I actually really like it and I will coin it after you if you let me start using it xD

In general your charge canceling game has inspired me, I think that's part of a way to be a lot less predictable with DK and I'm going to start throwing it in my game a lot more. It makes playing him a lot more fun and mindgame-ish. It also doesn't leave you as open or give them time to charge anything if they have an ability like that as well (Lucario for instance).

I feel silly for not single charge canceling a whole lot more in general before now @_@

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I charge cancel a lot in a match. I have even wasted a punch just to charge cancel mindgames. Once you do it a lot in a match, they will see you and try to punish you for it. I take that opportunity to punch them.

Also if you are on the ledge, you can ledge release jump charge 1-2 swings cancel it upB and re grab ledge. Then repeat till you have full punch.

Cable

Smash Lord
Charge cancel is dangerous on the ledge if you air dodge it would suck but mastering it is so helpful, im going to try to learn it.

I should start charge canceling alot more in matches its safer to wind up the punch and you can also count up the punches until you get the 9 to kill your opponent earlier sweet! :)

Silfa

Smash Ace
That charge cancelling is sweet Dr. G! I never even thought about something like that.

I think I'll start working in some of this now. I feel that my predictability is becoming worse so this should help aid that.

D0N

Smash Ace
Hey Monkley when you go to that tourney in VA next week look for the man with the fancy black hat. He hasn't really played lately, but I hear his DK is pretty good ;)

ardirok

Smash Apprentice
Player7 was just kidding...lol

And I want to play against you guys in the next EVO south america =P

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Haha, ok will-do. Not really sure if I'm going or not... Look for the guy probably in pajama pants... He hasn't played lately, but I hear he could use a good *** whooping.

D0N

Smash Ace
No, I stick with DK all the way. I use to be back and forth between Fox, IC, and Zelda as secondaries, but I eventually just stopped playing with them. I still play around with Zelda in friendlies though.

wangston

Smash Lord
Player7 was just kidding...lol

And I want to play against you guys in the next EVO south america =P
I want to play... but I'm always freaking working it sucks. But if I get the chance I will go to another tourney. I won't be going to walltech into a warlock punch, it's too far away.

crifer

Smash Lord
I play fox against MK and D3
I play fox against D3, too. Just have to be a little patient and don´t run into stupid things because you play too fast or predictable.
I now use fox against almost everyone who spams (samus, link, tink and some other) except diddy and snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom