• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
idk but i detest spiking on DK is hella fun

especially when they dont see a side b one coming!

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Once in a while I try to dsmash out of a run... it's ridiculous and i don't know why i try @_@

I wish you could cancel your run with a crouch & smash like in melee, would be hella useful... probably more for others though

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I'm glad you can still down b out of a dash.

And fox trotting is also good combined with stutter stepping a fsmash. It's almost like fsmashing out of a dash, but unfortunately your tripping chances increase with fox trotting. :/

D0N

Smash Ace
Once in a while I try to dsmash out of a run... it's ridiculous and i don't know why i try @_@

I wish you could cancel your run with a crouch & smash like in melee, would be hella useful... probably more for others though
When I first started, I would shield cancel my run and then d-smash. It got me random powershields, especially against aerials. Now I powershield > d-smash purposly...

Dajayman

Shield canceling + shield dropping is another good way to do moves out of a dash.

I secretly still wish wavedashing was still in Brawl, opens up so much depth to the game. Most people gave up on wavedashing months after Brawl was released, but not me... ;_;

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Heh, i also just realized that tapping forward to dash and holding shield waits until you do your "slide to a stop" animation, but holding it down makes it much quicker. I always realized people were doing *something* differently but i never really noticed.... Yea i'm slow

I really need to get out of the house and get to some tourneys to play around with knowledge/abilities i've gained since last time. Sadly... I feel I might be slowly drifting from DK

But that's probably because I haven't smacked anyone in the face with a punch lately :(

XtricksterX

Smash Cadet
mk and dk lol lovely pare, i need to start taking on offline tourneys with dk and diddy and start doing some real brawling,
anyways....
i really do mess wavedash.... :(

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I doubt I'll be using Mk, I don't particularly like playing him from what i have. I'll probably be using more mario. Lately I've been looking at fox, and always messed around with peach and ness. I'm kind of fond of lower tiers

Lol, my typing is so inconsistent... I capitalize sometimes and don't others for no reason

Dajayman

My MK loves to go offstage as well. And he loves to tornado. :p

But I don't play MK simply because I'm certain someone would punch me in the face. I know I'd punch myself in the face.

jerry.

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm jerry, a Brazilian dk player and I'm new to the boards :)
I've been a guest for a long time, and I don't go to tourneys, I like to play my friends though none of them are around my level, since they don't play the game as often as I do.
That's it, sorry for any mistakes with my English, as I said I'm not American, hope you guys can help me improve my dk.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Hey jerry, welcome. Your english looks fine :)

Also, why can't the frame data for everyone else be set up as nicely or complete as ours =\
At least, I like the way it's setup.

jerry.

Smash Rookie

lol, não sabia que tinha mais gente do Brasil aqui.

edit: last post on any character discussion thread is from 2-21-2010. Did you give up on the match-up guide?

ardirok

Smash Apprentice
Muitos brasileiros tem conta aqui, mas poucos postam aqui regularmente ^^

And unfortunately there are very few DKs on Brazil =(

jerry.

Smash Rookie
Yes, like ardirok said, Brazilian girls are top tier.

legal o fórum, eu não participo de torneios mas gosto de debater, vou entrar lá ^^

D0N

Smash Ace
I just had the wierdest dream ever... I was shopping for fruit and watermelons were overpriced at 10.00$ for half a melon. I paid for it. I bought some oranges and bananas too. They all tasted unbelievably good.

I guess it has to do with me eating lots of fruit lately lol.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Hey jerry, welcome. Your english looks fine :)

Also, why can't the frame data for everyone else be set up as nicely or complete as ours =\
At least, I like the way it's setup.
Lol it's good to know people like the way I did mine. I may spruce it up a bit just to make all of the lesser known quirks more noticable and easier to find.

I've been super busy lately and haven't really been playing Brawl or anything else that much. When I do play games it is either Brawl for a bit or SF2HDR (functional online...'nuff said). It looks like these boards still aren't very active, but it's nice to see you guys. Back to getting ready for finals I guess...:(

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
not really, if the pot's high enough jason would come anyway. it's more to get players who don't travel as much out here. no harm in applying either

you know you want to, women capitol of the world and weed capitol of the U.S.

Dajayman

Lmao, Cali's not even close to being the weed capitol of the world. It's the weed capitol of the US because US is ******** and won't legalize weed but they have alcohol (a worse drug imo) legalized. :/

And the Beach Boys probably never visited Brazil or else they'd be singing "♪ I was they all could be Brazillian, I wish they all could be Brazillian, I wish they all could be Brazillian girls!"

Dajayman

Well since I never been to Cali or Brazil myself, I won't argue who has the better women. But I know that they both have a beautiful female population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom