• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I heard Mikehaze was wall infiniting Ook as DDD on Green Greens game 3 last stock, Mike went to finish Ook uthrow for the kill but a bomb fell on them and Mike died first.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Ook and Will both tie at 17th place. :V

Funnily enough, Boss also got 17th. Seems like there might be something to this whole standing-infinite banned tournament.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
wow DK was the biggest surprise for me to see o_o

Good Job on getting DK that high ^_^

Green greens! :laugh:

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
MLG Columbus was amazingly fun, and I had such a great time overall =) I am soooooo glad I finally got to meet the great ook and Ripple, it was definitely a blast playing you guys for the first time ever ^_^

Hopefully you guys can make it to the next MLG event and we can finally get that quad DK doubles match going. This means you have to be there this time Cable!!!! Get at two DK's placing in the top 17 btw <333

ook, Ripple, Cable, all other beast DK's?? How about we make DK top 8 next MLG? We got this!!

silentboxer1989

Smash Rookie
One question guys: is there any way to overcome the weaknesses associated with the upb recovery? cause I'm good in flight till i hit the stage or is stage placement a big part.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
From my sources I heard Ook lost in winner's round 3 to san
I'm sorry guys, especially since I love DK almost as much as you guys :( MLG always making me play DKs I don't want to play.

@Cable, DK top 8 would be awesome. I want to see Dr. G **** a large tourney. Dr. G just needs that consistency and that clutch and he'll be nice!

@Ussi
wat, how did I misquote that?

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
One question guys: is there any way to overcome the weaknesses associated with the upb recovery? cause I'm good in flight till i hit the stage or is stage placement a big part.
I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Do you mean the landing lag you get after using up b or how up b doesn't go very high?

If your up b ends close enough to the ground you won't get any landing lag. If you do an up b at about the same height as the ground of the stage (maybe a little lower), you will be low enough to land without lag.

If you keep dying because up b doesn't get you high enough to recover, try DI'ing up. DI'ing up is basically holding up on the joystick while being hit. If you hold up while getting hit, you start flying at a higher angle. It is really useful for living longer and recovering in general.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hello DK boards! My name is Junglefever and I help moderate the Smashboards Information Center. At the SIC, we are attempting to create a mentoring program for older and newer members to go to so that they can progress in their smash career on a more personal level than just SWF. Mentors communicate to their pupils through PMs and AIM, in addition to playing WIFI with each other. We believe that the Mentoring Program is a good addition along with the character boards to help members get better.

So what do i need from you guys? I need a couple volunteers from your character board that are willing to mentor pupils one on one and help them get better at their desired character.

For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in, and what exactly you can bring to the table. How long have you been a DK main? Do you go to tourneys? Do you have access to wifi? What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you soon!

Dajayman

Awesome Rag. Although I personally like the scourge better than the sentinel because I like the ghouls better than the treants.

Look how much cuter and cooler that ghoul is. :3

Dajayman

OMG! You play LoL ook? I'll have to start playing it sometime. How is it compared to normal DOTA?

Also I missed you so much while I was at Kirk's/MAS... :cry:

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I have it but I don't play it as much as I have hon. I've probably only played around 5 games in it with some of my friends around here. My name is ChewbaccaSauce in LOL if you want to add me ook.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Rag, you should add me on HoN (name is Micaelis). Hopefully you're pretty good :p I'm decent. I've been thinking of finding a good competitive clan to get better but haven't yet. I'm a competitive player who pugs basically. It's kind of sad.

Ook... you need to add your knowledge of the Luigi MU to that smaller Index we have or PM me it and I'll update the one I made. I desperately need your knowledge in depth. BigLou is in GA with me and I can't beat him. I have a flaw with Luigi's... I just can't play the MU and need all the help I can get and with your wins on Boss and BigLou... please and thank you :D

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
How do you DK veterans feel about the rumors of Retro Studios working on an all new game starring Donkey Kong? If true do you guys think they'll do a good job? Would be cool to get opinions from true DK mains.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I hope they are working on DKC4. As long as they get the old musicians like David Wise to make some amazing soundtracks for the game, I'm sure it will turn out great. I have faith in Retro since they did an amazing job on the Prime series. It would be interesting to see how they would make a platformer too. Lol a metroidvania esque DK game would be kinda interesting too I guess (but I'd still rather have DKC4).

Luigi player

Smash Master
DKC4 or a DK64 like game.. that would be so awesome. I just hope they don't ruin it... although the graphics of DK games really suck now (just look at K. Rool... :() so that's a huge letdown to me since years... since RARE stopped I never bought a new DK game (because I'm just not interested in such strange games...).

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
@ Big O

Agreed completely. I for one hope the rumors do turn out to be true, most people may not agree with me but i feel the Metroid Prime Trilogy is the best line of games in the Metroid franchise and Retro are definitely top developers. Being perfectly honest here i think Retro Studios are the best guys for the job of rebooting the franchise, far better choices than any other First or Second Party team at Nintendo, and god help us if any third party devs get involved. Paon need to gtfo. They had a chance and they blew it, Jungle Climber was a disgrace to the good DK name and i hope they never touch the series again.
I do hope Dave Wise makes a comeback for music composition as well, the Donkey Kong Country tracks were simply sublime and DKC2 arguably has the best soundtrack of any game i have ever played. Whatever gameplay direction Retro take the franchise - Country style, 64 style or completely new - i have no doubt that they'd create an amazing game and bring DK back on top of the platformer world.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Nintendo's entire press conference made me happy =) Zelda, DK, Metroid, Golden Sun, GOLDENEYE lololol. The Kirby game looked really cool too.

I am really interested in how different the 3DS will be as well. Pit Icarus looked like a Wii game, but it was a portable system lol. I was really impressed overall and there is soooo much nostalgia flowing through me right now I'm speechless =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom