• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitsune-kun

Smash Cadet
Ah. Well that's not fun :( well, not for me heh. Looks like its' back to PSO... Anyone like Phatasy star online here? offline or online, just curious.
I like PSO episode 1 and 2, I used to play it offline with some friends, it was pretty cool.

crifer

Smash Lord
I really like PSO.
The Sowrd Men were really strong, the Mages, too.
But the Rifle Men somehow sucked, they were too weak and it was extremely difficult to get powerful weapons for them.

Kitsune-kun

Smash Cadet
Crifer said:
But the Rifle Men somehow sucked, they were too weak and it was extremely difficult to get powerful weapons for them.
Well, I had a Sword man and my friend had a Rifle man, we were lvl 130-150.
He had a freezing shooter (Freeze at 95% and awesome range), it was really really easy to take down lots of monster.
He could sucess really hard room alone when he was standing next to a door lol.

I wish they would make a PSO on Wii with a good online (lol).
But anyway, there is Monster Hunter G with the same style.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I can't wait to try out new Demo stuff. Time to decapitate some fools!

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Apples to apples is a pretty fun game with a group of friends. Lol for some reason the key to winning was convincing everyone that the other ones were suggested by this one guy in our group. Kind of unfair but hilarious nonetheless.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Apples to apples is so win, I had Hellen Keller in my hand and the green card played was senseless . . . Game Over!

I also play Left 4 dead 1 &2, and this newish game called Fairytale Fights, as well as Quake 4.

Kitsune-kun

Smash Cadet
You guys play games besides brawl?
I play Guilty Gear XX AC/Reload, Clash of Ninja Revolution 3, Street Fighter 3.3.
I think playing other fighting games help to work some things like the mindgame, I really think my level has improved on Brawl since I play Guilty Gear for a moment :O

I also play Trackmania with some friends and I'm currently on Tales of Grace :D

By the way, what is Apples to apples ? I've never heard about it, which plateform is this game on ?

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I've barely played brawl the past few weeks :( Probably won't play it much for the next few weeks either. Don't really play anything with other people though. I'm hoping super mario galaxy 2 is good, but I still don't think it'll be fantastic. Just good.

I can't believe anyone actually playes pso besides me >< level 163 woo!

Te-Jay

Smash Apprentice
Corner Brook/St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
I play Guilty Gear XX AC/Reload, Clash of Ninja Revolution 3, Street Fighter 3.3.
I think playing other fighting games help to work some things like the mindgame, I really think my level has improved on Brawl since I play Guilty Gear for a moment :O

I also play Trackmania with some friends and I'm currently on Tales of Grace :D

By the way, what is Apples to apples ? I've never heard about it, which plateform is this game on ?
Guilty Gear is amazing. My main character in that is Ky. He pwns so much :p

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i play brawl less and less. to be perfectly honest, i never loved it, it was just something to do with all my friends. i picked melee back up, but i dont see myself traveling for tournaments anymore for either game (at least not anytime soon). u can consider me retired for now, since i only stick to occasional local things nowadays.

crifer

Smash Lord
i play brawl less and less. to be perfectly honest, i never loved it, it was just something to do with all my friends. i picked melee back up, but i dont see myself traveling for tournaments anymore for either game (at least not anytime soon). u can consider me retired for now, since i only stick to occasional local things nowadays.
Oh noooo... Cyphus we need you!

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I'm currently working on my combo video, and I need some good music suggestions. Any suggestions?

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I'm working on one too. Don't steal Amazing by kanye or sky is the limit by weezy. On that not could anyone be able to edit DK into one of the boss intros from mega man x?

D0N

Smash Ace
Do you mean the cheesy intros like in megaman x3 (they make me lol, and I just noticed they mispell blizzard) in megaman x collection or just the regular intros in pretty much all of them. Not that I could help you either way.

And I was saving clips recently for a vid too lol, I doubt ill do it though.

Albert.

Smash Master
Do any DK mains want to talk to me on AIM and help me out with DK meta-game stuff that isn't on the boards or just general DK advice?

I JUST picked him up tonight, He's SOO FUN I'm def using him at Winter fest

EDIT: some of my thoughts as a fresh DK player:

-Usmashes hitbox is misleading, and thus sucks. It's like they did the opposite with it of Snakes UTilt, and actually shrunk the range compared to it's actual appearance.

-his spiking abilities seems actually useful, which is more than can be said than alot of characters in Bawrl with "spike"s

-is jab1 to grab viable? I guess it depends on the opponents spacing. It just seems that the throw > follow up move seems like it'd be more damage than just doing full jab combo

-UAir *****. Frame 6 move that kills medium-weight characters at like 80?!? oh fuhhhh

-Utilt seems good for ledgetraps because DK lifts his hand up to start the hitbox right on the ground. Dtilt would prolly be better

Questions- what are some of DKs Air-dodge force moves and their follow ups? Like I've gotten U-air to force the dodge and then be inside them while their dodging and then bair

What's DKs best momentum cancelling move? Bair?

mofo_

Smash Ace
^
bair then upb/wavebounced headbutt for horizontal
you could do the same w/ vertical but some people use dair

Luigi player

Smash Master
-Usmashes hitbox is misleading, and thus sucks. It's like they did the opposite with it of Snakes UTilt, and actually shrunk the range compared to it's actual appearance.
Yeah usmash sadly has a bit small hitbox, but it is still a somewhat good kill move if you manage to hit with it, because it kills pretty early (and doesn't have too much startup/ending lag). And not many aerials hit through it (you'll at least trade hits). Hyphen smashing with it is nice.

-his spiking abilities seems actually useful, which is more than can be said than alot of characters in Bawrl with "spike"s
Well it isn't too bad I guess...

-is jab1 to grab viable? I guess it depends on the opponents spacing. It just seems that the throw > follow up move seems like it'd be more damage than just doing full jab combo
Maybe. It's definitely not a true combo lol. DKs 2nd jab is often powershielded if you hit with the first one so maybe it's better than doing the 2nd jab...

-UAir *****. Frame 6 move that kills medium-weight characters at like 80?!? oh fuhhhh
Uair is often staled though, because it's a really nice move, not just for killing. :)

-Utilt seems good for ledgetraps because DK lifts his hand up to start the hitbox right on the ground. Dtilt would prolly be better
Don't know about that...

Questions- what are some of DKs Air-dodge force moves and their follow ups? Like I've gotten U-air to force the dodge and then be inside them while their dodging and then bair
DKs dsmash, usmash and giant punch are really good if the opponent has to land. If they airdodge too early (because you can uair them) you might be able to hit them with your giant punch or usmash.

What's DKs best momentum cancelling move? Bair?
Yeah bair is the best; if you'd still die you can also upB brake...

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Usmash out prioritizes any dair in the game. It kills lightweights at like 60 too. It's pretty good IMO. I feel like it's the key or something to the mk matchup.

Veggi

Smash Champion
About DK's jab 1, remember that it only pulls people torward DK if they are at the end of its hitbox and not right next to DK. In that case jab to grab is viable.

@ Rag

Does it really beat Dedede's dair?

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Guilty Gear is amazing. My main character in that is Ky. He pwns so much :p
Slayer and Potemkin FTW

POTEMKIN....... BUSTAH!!!

edit: for a second i thought i was in the metagame discussion thread because of everyone talking about usmash.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Usmash out prioritizes any dair in the game. It kills lightweights at like 60 too. It's pretty good IMO. I feel like it's the key or something to the mk matchup.
[Saying this to anybody] In every aspect of a move, whether it would be damage, knockback, hitboxes, frames, priority, laglessness, Up smash excels in all of them....except for a hitbox where down smash takes its place. It's a great move regardless of countering opinions of it...the timing is just rough for its strengths to awaken.

Recommended to charge it after C-stick sliding it, to punish those airdodges, for only those who did not know how to use its full potential.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I would just like to put it out there that we were just hit by a huuuuge blizzard out here on Long Island, and my town got hit the hardest. 28 inches of snow out there right now xD

Oh, and a fun fact concerning DK's up-smash in relation to MK, thanks for bringing that up Rag. :

When you catch MK in a grab on the Smashville platform and it is moving in the direction that you are facing, if you don't pummel and let him air release you can running hyphen up-smash xD

It kills him even earlier than from the ground bc of the elevated level of the platform, not sure what percent though. Fully charged giant punch is also true if you buffer it ^_^

Luigi player

Smash Master
Maybe if you cargo him and jump and he brakes out while you don't move much up/down you can footstool him and do an attack out of it since if you footstool ROB like any char get's a follow up on him...

Theoretically you could maybe infinite ROB with this if you SH and he always brakes out at the right moment so he lands during the footstool and has to get up and you can grab him again... but since he can control when he'll brake out you can only hope that he brakes out at the right point... <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom