• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
we still have yet to do a DK 4-way in the west coast. we have 4 DK's within a hour from each other, i want that 4 way!!! just please not on ^ THAT MAP LOL!

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
well its kind of hard

lol since theres like 8 people that go to that xat room its hard for everyone to coincide.

daisho

Smash Lord
So when is pound 4? so far from what im hearing its on 16-17? that sure does suck since WGF is also those days.
Pound 4's registration is already finished, think they got like 175 people to sign up for brawl.

I wonder who made the date first...

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
WGF=winter games fest, a San Diego tourny that happens mid January. Last year there were 243 entrants so who knows how it will be this year. Since Pound 4 is on the same date. Last year it was on 17-18 and now its 16-17, pound 3 was February 2nd last year. I guess the DK dinner will be without WC this time.

D0N

Smash Ace
Im going. I think we will all make it out of pools at the very least

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
HYPE!!!!! lol someone needs to take a video camera and record all of the hype. i can see very funny things happening already.

Cable

Smash Lord
HYPE!!!!! lol someone needs to take a video camera and record all of the hype. i can see very funny things happening already.
Everything will be recorded J.G my crewmate will be doing a tournyfix featuring a whole bunch of smashers. AHHHH HYPE!!! im going to ****!!!!!! DK for Top Tier!!!!

D0N

Smash Ace
lol i thought u would win that. i watched winners finals on live stream but left after that. your victory is a sign of things to come at pound. congratz

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I saved Will today with Uair on the top of his UpB. Gave him the vertical height he needed to UpB back. I can see Dair working though, but as long as it lasts it might be risky for Mario to just run off and do it.

D0N

Smash Ace
Yea I heard Kirin lol cant wait to see the vids. You 2 should play me&famous at pound 4 and show us a few tricks.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
If you guys were interested in seeing some vids from that tournament I won this past weekend, here is the link to the site.

Game Table livestream archives

If you browse backwards through the stream a bit you can find Will vs Dark Peach- that was Winner's Finals. There is also an MM of me vs CJT, Tiny vs Dark Peach which was Loser's Finals, and Will vs Tiny which was Grand Finals. (along with miscellaneous friendlies between other people)

The doubles MM toward the end of Will and Kirin vs Eli and Dark Peach is also pretty lolzy. The videos will be formally uploaded on Youtube shortly, and linked to the blog posted below ^_^

Edit: In addition, here is the link to the blog I wrote for e_Lounge about the tournament.

The Game Table in Mineola, NY 1/09/10- Brawl 1v1 Tournament (hosted by e_Lounge)

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Any of y'all play melee still? Thinking about getting into it, but doubt I'll get very good.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Alright fellow DK's on this Friday, January 15th, from 1:30-6:00 (eastern time) try to go to the xat.com chat room. Lets see how many DK's we can get together and chat it up discussing tricks and trades. There will be plenty talk of Pound 4, so if you are going make sure you go to the chat, you do not want to miss out on any secrets that are too good to pass around here on the boards.
http://xat.com/TheDKCrew?p=0&ss=6

Tujex

Smash Ace
That'll be interesting...I should stop by.

But I just have to know...I wanna know my fellow DK's tournament etiquette. Do you have any rituals or anything you do between matches, upon winning, upon losing, etc?

I personally like to pound my chest and shake my shoulders every round I win.
And on a not DK related note, I find that I normally play very casually the 1st game of a round (if its best of 3)...and don't start to play seriously until the 2nd round. Don't know why...but that's something I might need to stop doing, lol.

D0N

Smash Ace
I wont make the chat friday :ohwell:. I have class, then im driving to the hotel for pound right after. Maybe if I get to the hotel in time...

What day is everyone else arriving at thier housing place for pound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom