• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Oh that's horrible! I can't believe you submitted to this bet. I'm curious now...can you explain how this bet went down and what was at stake by both parties?
Tuj is eager to know as well. Nothing better than receiving random info from strangers...

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in this bet talk as well.

On another note, just sorta-moved to VA. Way outta the smash scene for a while but anyone else in VA as well? I'm way pumped to not shovel snow this winter.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Change title to:
'
Cable, Im real happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but Bum had the best DK of all time!!!!"

DOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Central, so I'm told? Kinda on the east side of central I think. (Caroline county, if that helps)

Just got here last Sunday, getting settled in =)

D0N

Smash Ace
Northern va has great players, just look for tourneys chudat throws (Falls Church VA I think). Theres a decent DK player named DK Smash that goes there sometimes. Southern va (Hampton Roads area) has a small group of hidden talent and is where I live. I'm out of country at the moment though. Other than that, I don't know.

Tujex

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind getting out there.

I have a small group of hidden talent here in Memphis that I'd like to introduce to the competitive smash scene. I HATE the fact that this area is almost BONE dry. Nearest smash tourneys are always hours away, and my car is NOT in good conditioning...

D0N

Smash Ace
Im pretty far from memphis. We say its southern VA, but its more like the southeast corner. That being said, if we throw something big and you decide to come let me know and ill get you some free housing.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Im pretty far from memphis. We say its southern VA, but its more like the southeast corner. That being said, if we throw something big and you decide to come let me know and ill get you some free housing.
I'm working on getting my car travel ready so I can go to tournaments out of state.

Just got my engine rebuilt. (Car runs like a dream now). When I get the money I'm grabbing some new tires and getting some minor tweaks done under the hood. Hopefully within a year I'll be all over the east at tournaments.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Tujex come to NC sometime. There are tournaments in Boone from time to time so they would be fairly close i guess.

D0N

Smash Ace
Sounds good Tujex. Going to out of state tournies is fun, especially if nobody knows you and you keep winning matches lol.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Lol, yeah. If you see a random black kid with glasses and a Detroit Tigers baseball cap on whipping people up with DK....it's me. Feel free to introduce yourself, lol.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Nice new avi Ripple. "Dont let me wind up" lol.

thanks. thinking about changing my title to "don't get me wound up" or something else like that

also thinking about changing my name again... but then I would have to wait 2 months to change it again, but I think it would be worth it to change it to The Keymaster, with the title
"are you the gatekeeper?"

might change it back to ripple though, I don't like sparkle motion anymore

D0N

Smash Ace
Well your title as it is now makes me think about people rushing to stop you from charging the giant punch. Both are cool though.

The name change idea isnt bad, although I personally would prefer ripple. I hate Sparkle Motion though, the first time you changed your location to fit the name I started to think you moved and there would be a new DK player near me when I get home. Even almost checked the distance from my part of VA on google maps.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
did you guys realize that everytime DK bairs the opponent, he actually palm thrusts them? I like to think he actually punches them.

crifer

Smash Lord
Bigfoot
I´m curious about your game with Ally,
did it get recorded?
was it close? or did he 2-stocked you?
srry for questioning^^

D0N

Smash Ace
Hey crifer I met these switzerland guys and they know like 4 different languages and say its common to know many. Is that common in Germany too?

daisho

Smash Lord
Hey crifer I met these switzerland guys and they know like 4 different languages and say its common to know many. Is that common in Germany too?
I think that is because the country of switzerland speaks four different languages so I doubt germans do.

D0N

Smash Ace
Well... I didn't actually mean exactly 4 different languages, I just meant multiple. Kinda ironic I picked 4 lol, I didn't know they had that many commonly spoken languages. I thought it was 2 at most. Makes sense though, you're probly right. Google says so... How did you know that anyway?

daisho

Smash Lord
Well... I didn't actually mean exactly 4 different languages, I just meant multiple. Kinda ironic I picked 4 lol, I didn't know they had that many commonly spoken languages. I thought it was 2 at most. Makes sense though, you're probly right. Google says so... How did you know that anyway?
Lol I guess I just have some random knowledge.

crifer

Smash Lord
yeah thing is:
yu can see the german, austrian and switz (?) country as one community (for brawl), the german scene.
the austrian and switzer can under stand german, maybe both can understand each other as well... also the switzer who live at the border to france can speak french as well.
so if that´s right switzer could speak like 4 languages+ english, so 5.
But we german only can two, german and english. maybe we can understand them, but it´s really tough bc they (especially the switz) make so weird sounds, when they speak^^

daisho

Smash Lord
OMG, just thinking about how hard it would be to run a tournament when not everyone can even understand each other... Good job with that.

I played ally in a doubles match a couple of weeks ago.

He and his partner both were alive and I was by myself, my partner died.

I just held down b and Ally and his partner both jumped into it twice each... I was so happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom