• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Bigfoot
I´m curious about your game with Ally,
did it get recorded?
was it close? or did he 2-stocked you?
srry for questioning^^
it was 2-0. both games were close, they weren't recorded, no two stocks, though both games ended in hax kos (grenade at the top of the screen and random uair)

D0N

Smash Ace
crifer that sounds crazy lol.

That grenade thing is the most annoying snake ko imo. I try to d-tilt, pick up a grenade, get u-tilted, and then explode.

daisho

Smash Lord
What is the highest you've every lived to in a real match?

278% against a peach for me. I think I can easily get more though.

Oh yeah, I never died, won the match from 278%

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
without up-b braking I've lived til 248% I know that. Thank you japes

WITH up-b braking I've lived til 536% and didn't die. MANSION!!!!! if you don't want to count that its like around your's against a DDD. d-tilt doesn't kill if you know its coming

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
in my recent vids against peach, I live till 150 and if my di is really good, and my opponent has stale moves, like 205 is my best

crifer

Smash Lord
260 or so for me...
I had a match on shadow moses (my opponent took it O.o)
and I live to 312 %, bc of teching and DIíng to the walls xD

Luigi player

Smash Master
A bit above 300 %... well what can I say I got infinited from a Dedede >__>

Other than that 280 % against a Diddy.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
What is the highest you've every lived to in a real match?

278% against a peach for me. I think I can easily get more though.

Oh yeah, I never died, won the match from 278%
D*** nice daisho! I think my King Dedede has lived since 220%. In doubles today I lived until 175%, that's pretty good for doubles lol.

crifer

Smash Lord
D*** nice daisho! I think my King Dedede has lived since 220%. In doubles today I lived until 175%, that's pretty good for doubles lol.
lol last time I did play doubles I lived until 200 % and the next stock until 20% :-O
I think it was a airdodge after beingthrown from the stage^^

daisho

Smash Lord
I'm making a combo video. Somebody give me a name and music... I suck at making up names and don't listen to music... GO!

D0N

Smash Ace
yup... its 4am in Australia and because of ook I just watched a Little Mermaid Song while understanding why the song was picked for a brawl combe vid... When I wake up in the morning im gonna go watch 300 or something so I feel better

Luigi player

Smash Master
That would be cool (somewhat, I think it'd suck if it was like that though, because you can throw it back), but I don't want to lose his side B, it rocks...

I'd want a new dash attack though, like Snakes roll, just without the crawl at the end (and without the jump at the start) and not so far..

ardirok

Smash Apprentice
If DK had the coconut gun...

And his dash attack could be a roll, just like in the DKC games lol

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Hey guys, I'm going to introduce myself finally. My name's Michael and I live in GA. I main DK and have always been a silent observer. But I'm going to try to become a LITTLE bit more active and maybe throw my 2 cents in sometimes. Just thought I'd say hi.

D0N already knows me and can maybe vouch that I'm pretty good. Also, I THINK I'm about to be added to the GA Power Rankings List as maining DK. I've only been to 1 tournament maining DK and I placed 7th (out of around 40?) but prob should of gotten 5th. Had a really stupid loss. But I think that's pretty good after only 1 tournament.

So... yeah... hey. Oh and my tag right now is "Dude"

D0N

Smash Ace
Dude! I was wondering how that tourney went. Glad to see you placed so high. Speaking of PRs, I made it on a PR in Australia after one tourney too lol. I would be higher, but they didnt update it yet.

Dude knows his stuff. Just needs more tourney experience.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Hey, thanks for the welcome guys. I've always liked how chill the DK mains are on these boards. Perfect fit for me.

Yeah, the only thing I really lack is tournament match-up experience which is hopefully slowly going away since I'm planning on attending Tourneys when I can now. I'll try to properly represent.

Next Tourney I'm going to see if maybe I can get some recordings of my matches and get them up online so I can get some critiquing done and you guys can see me play. I think my main problem is just knowing the match-up on a tournament level and not properly utilizing DK's B moveset as well as they can be used. I use them but I know they have so much more potential than what shows from my use. I'm a quick learner though and I take advice well so we'll see.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
yeah, i need to use Upb approaches a bit better, as well as side b for punishing or whatever it may be, as well as mindgames into punch.

i found it quite funny that my friend yesterday kept thinking i was permanently invincible because i had the punch fully charged.

i've only been to one tournament so far, so my experience on anything higher up is a bit subpar, i didnt place too well either. i rep'd falcon and nearly beat a TL who places fairly well on average. **** happens though amirite? im only going to get better.

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
i once played a DK who used side B so well it was ******** o.O it was like his 3rd most used move and it hit 75% of the time. maybe i just suck at predicting though... :p

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
That's actually mine guys. You can tell because my little brother is standing in front of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom