• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisho

Smash Lord
Okay... you camp with your shield up and see how well that works for you...

Chances are wed just shield poke you or if it gets too small break it with side B.

DK has super armor. He destroys peaches turnips.

Clearly projectiles aren't that big of a deal because we always beat projectile characters.

Edit: On a different note, anybody want to teach me how to edit video? Id like to make a combo video but don't know how to edit.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Has anyone noticed that when people refer to characters that have a hard time with projectiles, they usually mention DK? Personally, I've never cared about them. DK has a fast ground and air speed, high hops, and super armor for the last projectile.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, pretty much the same veggi. At least from my experience... I think it bothers me more while trying to edgeguard pit or tink or something and you get arrows/bombs/etc..
Although, sometimes it's annoying approaching when you don't have a whole lot of choice.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
dk does have trouble with prjoectiles. its just that he's so heavy and has good OOS options that we should go through hell to get near them. the only true projectiles that annoy us are the zairs

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Yeah I did, I just didn't know if anyone saw the livestream or anything. They did pools to turn 70 or so brawl singles entrants into a 16 man bracket. I had some epic matches and a generally good time. I always had the biggest brawl crowds behind me. Played m2k first round then beat boss and lost to pyrospark(another mk) on livestream. I got 9th in doubles and singles. Had a ****ty doubles bracket and lost to chu and g-reg's team and boss and pyronic star's team. Which is funny because I beat both of the latter team in singles. Although boss kinda gave up after the first match. We beat 2 teams before we played chu's team and then played boss' team right after. We won the first match pretty convincingly then they brought it back. I hope the videos I played on livestream got recorded. I actually lost all the livestreamed matches I played but I'd like to get critiqued. I think it was just doubles vs chu and g-reg and my singles match vs pyrospark.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lol I have terrible luck with any match that is recorded or played on the big projector. Not just in Brawl either. Good job getting 9th though.

crifer

Smash Lord
Yeah, pretty much the same veggi. At least from my experience... I think it bothers me more while trying to edgeguard pit or tink or something and you get arrows/bombs/etc..
Although, sometimes it's annoying approaching when you don't have a whole lot of choice.
I hate Tinks on wifi. It´s really bad,
I rather go fox, diddy or mario,
it´s much easier.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
crifer come back to the fox boards. you are missed D:

and LOL ragna was SOOOOO high.

and he was really legit too.

GOOD **** RAGNA!

Veggi

Smash Champion
Wow, hot stuff Ragna. I switch to Mario against Toon Link on wifi too, I just can't take repeatedly being hit by projectiles I know I shielded.

Anyway, I have to give an example for why Jungle Japes is DK's best stage. I MM'd Seibrik for one dollar and he went MK first round, he ***** me. Then he switched to Dedede second round and I cp'd Japes and actually beat him XD. Third round he cp'd FD and ***** me again. He didn't infinite though, just normal chaingrab.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Good job getting 9th Ragnar0k.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
thanks guys. I'm hoping I can find some videos from the tournament. lol I was watching the videos from the herb 2 live stream channel and they were commenting during loser's finals about my pools matches saying how much I *****. It's pretty cool having people comment about you.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
thanks guys. I'm hoping I can find some videos from the tournament. lol I was watching the videos from the herb 2 live stream channel and they were commenting during loser's finals about my pools matches saying how much I *****. It's pretty cool having people comment about you.
I was in the stream getting mad hyped every time you did something. It's too bad it ended at Pyro, i know you could have beaten him if not for... Well you know.

D0N

Smash Ace
I couldnt watch the stream cuz im in a place in Australia where theres no free internet...:(

Good job though. What do you mean by Boss pretty much gave up after the first round?

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
After I won the first match on yoshi's he took me back there and just kinda sandbagged until the last stock when he just told me to punch him once he had 70. He said he didn't really feel like playing anymore because he had to play doctor pp first round who was nice enough to pay his entry fee so he let pp win. Boss is a bro if you ask me. Real cool guy.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Who beat hbox at genesis? I remember he told me it was a white dk that css'd him but he couldn't remember who it was.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
that was a pool match in genesis with cbk

unfortunately hungrybox still made it out of pools and cbk didn't

in brackets he went 0-2 losing to sean and mikehaze

D0N

Smash Ace
Probably because they were so behind in time.
I wish that were the case. Its just the way the college im at works. You pay for internet (according to how much downloading a site needs) and things like livestream get really expensive. Forums and email checks are really cheap though.

After I won the first match on yoshi's he took me back there and just kinda sandbagged until the last stock when he just told me to punch him once he had 70. He said he didn't really feel like playing anymore because he had to play doctor pp first round who was nice enough to pay his entry fee so he let pp win. Boss is a bro if you ask me. Real cool guy.
I met boss before, I agree.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Hey bigfoot are there any tourneys near us this week or next? I tried looking for some on AiB but it seems there aren't any. There was one is Cerritos but idk if I'll go to that one.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
depends on where you want to drive
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5908 <-- long drive, but going to be the largest, also the only one on saturday
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6425 <-- nearby and featuring mth, in a card shop, unfortunately the venue only fits like 20 people tops
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6514 <-- larger venue but the midwest house is hit and miss with tournaments, not sure how it's going to turn out
reposting because I always seem to put important stuff on the last spot where no one sees it

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I already saw the tourneys in the first and third link. I never saw the second one though. I might go to that one. Thanks for letting me know bigfoot.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and with it's inactivity it hasn't really been very "social" huh :)

Are all of you DKs seriously somewhere west? I haven't seen, or heard of, anyone else play a DK around here outside of a goofy friendly. Needs more apes in NE!

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Yeah, and with it's inactivity it hasn't really been very "social" huh :)

Are all of you DKs seriously somewhere west? I haven't seen, or heard of, anyone else play a DK around here outside of a goofy friendly. Needs more apes in NE!
socal has 6
nevada has 2
norcal and WA each have 1
illinois has 2 iirc
north carolina has 1
new york has two an a half (bum counts as 1/2 due to inactivity)

other than that, no dks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom