• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Do we have a combo thread? Like guaranteed combos? I could have sworn that we had a thread for that but I cant find it. =\

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Well, I do another combo starting at around 0%. No one has ever DI'd out of it and ive never seen it used by any other DK in combo vids, regular matches or anything. =\

Its pretty situational though.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
You know what no one ever talks about? How DK can break a shield pretty much effortless.

I do it to computers a lot and have done it to live guy once. Down-b to Side-B and there goes that shield.

/lolmetagame?

daisho

Smash Lord
You know what no one ever talks about? How DK can break a shield pretty much effortless.

I do it to computers a lot and have done it to live guy once. Down-b to Side-B and there goes that shield.

/lolmetagame?
Yeah computers... try landing one on a live opponent.

Doing it once doesn't mean anything because any character can do that...

Silfa

Smash Ace
DK can definitely break shields better than many other characters. Side B, down b and up b can all eat shields very easily and if the opponent shields two specials within a short time of one another a shield break is very possible. It's good stuff.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
I'm telling ya, it's because of the humanoid part and DK doesn't like humans. DK doesn't like the Man.
dk loves people, he tries to steal and **** them on top of construction sites

Yeah computers... try landing one on a live opponent.

Doing it once doesn't mean anything because any character can do that...
I break shields on a lot of people

charged fsmash to sideb, or just mindgames sideb when they're shield is low

Veggi

Smash Champion
If you're against someone with a low shield and they do a laggy move, don't punish it. They will almost always be buffering a shield, so just wait a second and then side b when they are done being in lag. Do it when Marth misses an up b, Snake misses an aerial, stuff like that. People also tend to shield when they are standing on top of a platform or when they get up from the edge.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
If you're against someone with a low shield and they do a laggy move, don't punish it. They will almost always be buffering a shield, so just wait a second and then side b when they are done being in lag. Do it when Marth misses an up b, Snake misses an aerial, stuff like that. People also tend to shield when they are standing on top of a platform or when they get up from the edge.
That sounds like it could work. I'll give it a try.

Oh, and down B to side B combo will break shields, but you won't land it on anyone with an IQ over 60. According to the frame data, it takes 20 frames to come out. That means that the opponent could roll away, or even coutnerattack before you get side B to come out. Speaking of side B, I felt like such a noob regarding that move yesterday, in that I only just found out that it does more damage in the air than on the ground! :laugh:

daisho

Smash Lord
If anybody can help me with the snake matchup please let me know. I suck so much at it and get beaten by noobs.

I mean on wifi type help. As in play me and tell me what I do wrong.

Friend Code: 5070-2003-6324

PM me but ill be on alot esp from 3-12 Eastern weekdays (not all those hours but almost every weekday ill be on during that time)

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
That sounds like it could work. I'll give it a try.

Oh, and down B to side B combo will break shields, but you won't land it on anyone with an IQ over 60. According to the frame data, it takes 20 frames to come out. That means that the opponent could roll away, or even coutnerattack before you get side B to come out. Speaking of side B, I felt like such a noob regarding that move yesterday, in that I only just found out that it does more damage in the air than on the ground! :laugh:
But it has a bit less range. Either way the move doesn't have that much range though, so it's okay.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I've hit from pretty **** far with the headbutt before. It's got some weird range. I wish I could see exactly how big the hitbox is because it's pretty disjointed as far as I can tell.

Against snake is my favorite mathcup. They airdodge a lot, wait and punish. Grab and cargo downthrow offstage. Spike them out of their cypher. Down b a lot and side b their shield if they're trying to cook grenades.

daisho

Smash Lord
What ends up happening against snakes is I do well the first life, sometimes i die first but he has alot of percents. Then i miss a kill move or something and I have 40 percent from an F tilt and a couple of nades or something.

Also I have alot of trouble grabbing, they always spotdodge my attempts and punish.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Wait for their spotdodge, or grab their landings or when they try to nade. Snake does rack up damage really fast so you have to be careful.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You guys didn't really need anything. Some quick organization and someone to get on your *** about a new matchup thread. lol

I haven't even posted here besides this thread for a long time. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom