• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tujex

Smash Ace
True. Never take Snake to battlefield. DK's large size makes him nade and C4 fodder since the explosions will hit you through platforms and whatnot. I personally like FD against Snake. It's a lot easier for me to keep up with the placement of his C4 and Nades there.

And I don't know what Yagami is talking about. My pants get tighter everytime I see DK's massive hands destroy someone on the molecular level, causing their cells to explode in a brilliant display of lights on the bottom of my screen.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
And I don't know what Yagami is talking about. My pants get tighter everytime I see DK's massive hands destroy someone on the molecular level, causing their cells to explode in a brilliant display of lights on the bottom of my screen.
This even beats my current ROB sig. I wish I could sig it but noooooo. Sexual references in that thar statement.

But it's still the best thing I've seen all day..

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
True. Never take Snake to battlefield. DK's large size makes him nade and C4 fodder since the explosions will hit you through platforms and whatnot. I personally like FD against Snake. It's a lot easier for me to keep up with the placement of his C4 and Nades there.

yeah, fd and ps1 are my favorite places to play snake (well... japes, but they always ban that)

and yagami, spikes are always fun, but it isn't as fun as either A. 9 punching them at 50% and watching their shocked faces as they lose a stock from a punch that wasn't even full charged or B. just messing with people and DIing till 200 something every stock.

their angry cries of "****ING DIE" are like vitamins to me

SuSa

Banned via Administration
My Snake lived to 256% vs D3. Believe it, I have the replay.

I also survived an fsmash at the ledge @ 83%. Believe it, it's the same replay AND the same stock.

200~ something % is not cool.

250~ or more % is cool.

:p

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
200 was an average

my bests are 325% on a ddd (lol infinite and I teched the bthrow that was supposed to kill me on delfino, the walled water part)

293 on a random diddy

and 278 when I took a random mk to japes

other notable achievements are surviving a wario waft from dsf (minute fart) at 137 and teching a tree against typh at 180% against his squirtle, the dthrow should have killed me, so he switched to ivysaur (for my next stock), who promptly got *****, giving me a two stock in winners finals

oh, and this one isn't as high, but it counts cause it was on brinstar. 232 against oats' lucas, last stock, won it on a cargo - dsmash shortly after

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
how do you tell if you did a 9 punch instead of the fully charged punch?

Count the times that DK swings his arm. One full rotation adds to the counter and 10 full swings = fully charged. If you can hear the TV, each time a full rotation happens, you can hear the sound that the swinging makes and count those. Aside from that, there is no way to tell. If you lose count, you are better off just going for a full charge. Just don't lose count. :)

Edit: *facepalm* Sorry, miss-read the question! What Big O said.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
The easiest way to tell is by noise. Fully charged sounds a lot more devastating while a 9 punch is relatively quiet in comparison. A 9 punch will also send them flying faster.

D0N

Smash Ace
Hey everybody, im new here and just thought I'd introduce myself. I won't make this too long.

Ive been playing DK since maybe 1 or 2 months after brawl came out, so im new to these boards and not new to the game or the character. I read the boards sometimes, but never post. I play mostly in the VA area, but right now im in Atlanta georgia, and soon ill be in Australia. I dont consider myself much of a serious player, I mean I don't play all that often and I gave my wii away to my mom eventually, but I do alright with DK. I've had the opportunity to play some big names too: Candy(snake), Boss(mario/luigi), and Neo(marth) to name some. Those 3 are pretty cool people btw.

My reason for using DK: I won a DK splushi at busch gardens. Simple as that. At the time I played melee at a very low level against friends with marth (some l-cancelling, shield grabbing, absolutly no wavedashing although we knew how, and no items), but I could beat my friends with anyone so I decided from then on it would be DK. I bought brawl about 2 months after it came out and decided to start going to tournies and playing him.

I decided I should try to help out the boards a little where I can. If you want to see me playing there are some vids in the Critique Me thread. Im working on getting better vids of me up lately.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Cool welcome to the boards.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Wow guys I'm soooo pumped right now. I don't know how I pulled it off but now I'm going to genesis and going on the SoCal smash bus. I was the 666th person to register for Brawl lol. I always did have bad luck but man I know it's gonna be a blast.

Btw I know it's a little embarrassing coming from a DK main but where did "It's on like Donkey Kong" come from.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Wow guys I'm soooo pumped right now. I don't know how I pulled it off but now I'm going to genesis and going on the SoCal smash bus. I was the 666th person to register for Brawl lol. I always did have bad luck but man I know it's gonna be a blast.

Btw I know it's a little embarrassing coming from a DK main but where did "It's on like A Kong" come from.

its "its on like donkey kong", it came from ready to rumble the movie first but I believe most people know it from american wedding.

I hope to see you at genesis big o. maybe we can play some matches

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Yeah I'd like to play some friendlies with you too man. I just hope I'm not too nervous during the tourney.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Don't let your nerves get to you. Nervousness is a meaningless emotion. Play like you have nothing to lose.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Don't let your nerves get to you. Nervousness is a meaningless emotion. Play like you have nothing to lose.
Nervousness only acts in our bodies because it's the reaction to us not knowing the outcome of an event quite yet.
Okay stress is natural and it will come at situations like this no matter what (nervousness is the same difference in this context)...it's not meaningless because like I learned in Health class, stress is accompanied with the following effects:
1.) Hearing ability increases.
2.) Start to breathe much faster.
3.) Your ability to focus or concentrate increases greatly, actually the most.
4.) You become more alert of everything (you take in information and become more aware of things around you)

By these effects, we will definately play like we have nothing to lose because while we are playing, the stress is in our bodies but we'll be so alert on the game that you won't feel it as much anyways.
Stress (nervousness) has much meaning, I'll tell you that.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Big O... Find me at Genesis...

I want to do some more friendlies. That last time we played in tourney was epic.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Yeah we need to have like some epic DK side tourney of friendlies lol. We will see who is King (of the) Kong :).

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
:)

You know how to find me.... Just look for the Dk tie....

Although with a room of 500+ smashers. That might be a little difficult.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
:)

You know how to find me.... Just look for the Dk tie....

Although with a room of 500+ smashers. That might be a little difficult.
and i'll be wearing the pokemon ash hat or I'll be dressed up as link

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Do all DK mains have something they wear to each tournament. I always wear a tuxedo t-shirt to tournaments. lol

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I wear my lucky hat when I get into a hard finals match.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
In worked in those videos of you vs biglou. Are you coming to herb 2 Will? I'd love to play your DK.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'll be going if other Alabama players are driving up there. We can definitely do some friendlies if I go.

edit: Yeah Hippie, but only if I don't shave lol. Being half asian means my hair grows as fast as ganon's dash.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Reflex came to the last one. I'm pretty sure he's from Alabama.

I liked your match vs biglou's snake a lot, it reminded me of my set vs chilin's snake at herb 1. :laugh:

DK>Snake for sure.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Reflex came to the last one. I'm pretty sure he's from Alabama.

I liked your match vs biglou's snake a lot, it reminded me of my set vs chilin's snake at herb 1. :laugh:

DK>Snake for sure.
That's cause biglou's snake is so scrub D: j/k lou<3. The kong has some nice tools against Snake though...

I'll be going if other Alabama players are driving up there. We can definitely do some friendlies if I go.

edit: Yeah Hippie, but only if I don't shave lol. Being half asian means my hair grows as fast as ganon's dash.
Cm's cf > your DK get at me son.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Yea i usually wear my Lebron James Jersey with my DK tie.

But for sure i always have my tie on.

I have like 4 other ties for back up in case one of them rips or something.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Will vs biglou is in the rate my DK thread. If you're talking about me vs chilin it was unfortunately not recorded.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
DK/snake is 50-50 at best for DK imo.

Cm's cf > your DK get at me son.
lol I only fear falcon in doubles.

And Reflex lives on the opposite side of AL from me. I can try meeting up with him as he passes through Atlanta or Birmingham though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom