• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
If you find an item worth 20-30 mil you're better off selling it on the RMAH then gold. Have quite a few $100+ sales on the RMAH. Good way to value an item is to find similar items on the gold AH, convert the gold to dollars (~1 mil = 5 dollars atm), then compare prices on the RMAH.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aiYXgk!XUY!accbYa

New build I'm having a lot of fun/success (ish) with.

My crit is currently in the 14-15.5% range (not at home, can't check), so Cyclone comes out OFTEN.

Unbuffed, my damage is right at, or around 10k dps. Buffed, I'm over 16-18k. And that's just what's recorded based off Blinding Flash and Breath of Heaven. That doesn't really factor in Overawe.

Thunderclap is for speed, since AS speed has been nerfed heavily... But it's also super helpful with those trollish treasure goblins. That'll teach 'em to run away from ME.

It's a lot of burst damage. So right now, I'm a glass cannon. I'm working on getting better resist gear, Dex, and Vit (42k last I checked, 310 resist).

I'm just still getting **** for drops.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Why is it blizzard wants the game to be a grind fest, but nerfs anything that people grind. And they want people to find good skill combinations but nerfs them if they get too popular.

:phone:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Why is it blizzard wants the game to be a grind fest, but nerfs anything that people grind. And they want people to find good skill combinations but nerfs them if they get too popular.

Yeah, I'm starting to get afraid of anything I enjoy, because I'm sure the Nerf Bat will start looking in it's direction.

Dealing damage? NERF BAT!

Find a useful item?! NERF BAT!!

HAVING FUN?!?! NERF BAT!!!

I'm finally at a point with the Monk where I feel like I'm not useless. I'm starting to feel like I have a role, which is deal a lot of burst damage, quickly-ish (not as well as the DH, but a little more durable than the DH). But the rate that Blizzard is dropping these nerfs and shadow-hotfixes... It's ridiculous.

I'm having fun, but there comes a point where I'm ready to say "Tell me how I'm supposed to play the damn game already, if you don't want me to play this way, Blizzard"!

Kal

Smash Champion
The problem is that this is a dungeon crawler created by the developers of WoW. A minor balance issue that can easily be ignored, at least until a major patch that will address the balance adequately, and not in such an ad hoc manner, is normal in a dungeon crawler. But, in an MMO, such an issue impacts subscriptions (arguably). In an MMO, you would be quick to patch it. The developers, knowing nothing but MMO-logic, apply this sort of patch methodology. In part, this is because they liken D3 to an MMO, not because of subscription fees, but because of the RMAH, I'm sure.

I also find some of the complaints to be a little ironic. Not that I disagree with them, of course.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
@ players who can super ez farm the game, is there any real reason to run act 3 5 stack siege or cydea in an hour + when I can fill my inv full of rares in about 20 min Act 1 with 0 risk? srs, question, not a rant starter

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Act 2 is possibly the best place to farm. Like 30+ elites, 3-4 goblins that spawn frequently, tons of chest and fairly easy to farm.
Good to know. Once I hit that 500+ resist mark, off to Act 2!

For those who have made it past Act 1. I've read that the general rule is Resist should be 250 x (act #) So Act 2 x 250=500

How true is this? Obviously, more is better. But would you say I should try Act 2 at 500, or shoot for more?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I would say at least 700-800 for act 2.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The problem is that this is a dungeon crawler created by the developers of WoW. A minor balance issue that can easily be ignored, at least until a major patch that will address the balance adequately, and not in such an ad hoc manner, is normal in a dungeon crawler. But, in an MMO, such an issue impacts subscriptions (arguably). In an MMO, you would be quick to patch it. The developers, knowing nothing but MMO-logic, apply this sort of patch methodology. In part, this is because they liken D3 to an MMO, not because of subscription fees, but because of the RMAH, I'm sure.

I also find some of the complaints to be a little ironic. Not that I disagree with them, of course.
But in WoW eventually people get to the "late game" and gear for pvp and raids and the like. Afaik, all of the balancing is done with PvP in mind. In D3 so far, all of the balancing has been around PvE. There is no "late game" to really gear for. If they wanted to stabilize their profits they would release PvP asap... Then people would actually care about spending $$$$ on minor upgrades to their gear. The way I see it, D3 is on a really really short fuse.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So Dallas or anyone with Wizard. Lvl60 Builds, All Dps no hp/res? Or do I want a decent amount, or pure glass cannon?

Also spamming act 3's first zone is amazing for leveling, got 38>52 in 2 1/2 hrs

shanus

Smash Hero
My monk currently has:

14K dps unbuffed (buffing it goes way higher, like evasion + backlash)
~36-38k hp
~750 resist unbuffed
~4k armor unbuffed
~a whole boatload of dodge (i love running mantra of evasion + backlash + cyclone + wall of wind in A1 as i just deal huge amounts of backlash dps)
I've only done a bit of a2, but i could probably handle it pretty easily now.

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
I thought this trick was nerfed. Do you mean that you simply complete the first act 3 quest?
Not really lol you just get a helm with exp and a slot and shove a huge ruby in it. And you don't light the signal fires, you kill everything and then leave and resume. Lather rinse repeat.
One run I got 173k exp in 6 minutes XD

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So, I'm having a hard time choosing a class to play. I played mostly Necromancers in Diablo 2, favoring poison nova builds. I've been using a Witch Doctor in D3 for a bit now, up to level 21. I'm not all that impressed. There are some neat skills, but I always end up having to come back to poison dart spam, which gets old real fast. Will WD get more interesting as I get higher?

Otherwise, I've been looking at Monk and Wizard. Monk just seems the most interesting, like it kinda forces you to be a bit varied, so that may keep my interest. Wizard also seems fun. I like the whole glass cannon play style sometimes, and the wizard seems to have some crazy damage output.

Any words on this?

D

Deleted member

no i played witch doctors thinking they would be like necromancers they are not really that similar and they are 10x more boring

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, especially since items worth selling aren't being lost, but rather resold, for the most part. In WoW, this was artificially taken into account by making some gear "soul bound," but in D3 there is no such mechanism in place. So, at least in theory, the longer the game runs, the lower the value of items will drop.

Sharky

Smash Master
just ran into enrage timers for the first time. Had the mob down to two left at about 70k hp each. so lame -_-

Jem.

Smash Master
So uninspired to keep playing. I think I've only logged 35-40 hours since clearing Inferno Act 2 in the first two weeks the game was out. not trying to bash. I know PvP will make it boom again temporarily, but I'm struggling to even want to log on :/. Maybe my expectations of Blizzard are too high, because I think WoW in its prime was one the most beautiful games ever. (Yes, I will agree it has gotten worse, but WoW in its prime was something special). Not going to do the D2>D3 thing, but there are just some things that don't feel right when I play D3. I thought I'd never play LoL again when D3 came out, but I've been playing a lot of LoL

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm currently at 75k DPS (no IAS, got roughly 45% crit and 200+ Crit Damage), and 30k life with ~500 All resist (nothing 1 shots me).
Do I want +Arcane power on crit :o

Also how is your crit rate so high...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So uninspired to keep playing. I think I've only logged 35-40 hours since clearing Inferno Act 2 in the first two weeks the game was out. not trying to bash. I know PvP will make it boom again temporarily, but I'm struggling to even want to log on :/. Maybe my expectations of Blizzard are too high, because I think WoW in its prime was one the most beautiful games ever. (Yes, I will agree it has gotten worse, but WoW in its prime was something special). Not going to do the D2>D3 thing, but there are just some things that don't feel right when I play D3. I thought I'd never play LoL again when D3 came out, but I've been playing a lot of LoL
I dunno what it is that kept me (us) playing D2 for years but losing interest in D3 relatively quickly. Maybe we're just getting old?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's because you dont really have a choice to farm gear to get more gear everytime. It's the only purpose to play D3 and it's not very fun.. You can also make a bit of money but other than that. Theres no other purpose right now.

Play hardcore! Of course normal mode would be boring, you can just die a million times to progress, no ****ing challenge at all.

Player-3

Smash Hero
well d2 also had pvp and ladder and stuff which is what i liked the most; d3 doesn't have it yet but there's a petition floating about for hardcore arena where if you lose your char is gone

Kal

Smash Champion
It's the itemization. It's just so badly done that people aren't motivated to keep playing. And you were also able to keep leveling while trying to gear up in Diablo II. I'm sure that at least helped people feel like they were improving while they farmed.

Top Bottom