• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah i hate it too but my gear is so bad and i have no money to afford anything new (i JUST hit inferno lol even though i hit nightmare day 1 of release just havent been playing that much since)

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Got this just messing around in act 1, about time the game stopped crushing me with terrible loot:

It's unfortunate that its +10 min damage and not some ias or +50% or so, but hey its still an upgrade.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Monk is terribly useless at the moment. I've been watching Monks on youtube, due to lackluster Damage reduction (compared to Barb), and Crappy DPS, there is never a reason to pick Monk over WD or Barb. WD Kite better with much better dps, and Barb can just straight up tank.

Monks have to pop their skills and tank for ~15 seconds then run in circles kiting while C/Ds happen. That being said I've seen very few Monks soo Inferno Act3+

In parties, they're still the worse class. Attack Speed hurt them even more..

Why ruin my favorite class Blizzard? I was a Monk/Ninja on FFXI for almost 5 yearrrssss.

Ah Well, I quit Monk for now until they fix it, and I read somewhere they acknowledged the problem. Wizard for now >.>

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
That nerf was actually for passive amount of spirit gained, which you could previously hit a large enough number to nearly non-stop use Tempest Rush. Which was silly and it's fine that they reduced that. The real issue from 1.03 is that the ias nerf hit sustainability of monks hard in that you generate a lot less spirit.

I'm not that well geared, and before I had that weapon drop I was still doing well enough in act 2 and 3 for farming, and that's really all you need to be able to do.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ It's not just that, but Monk isn't Monk. You're supposed to be able to be on the front lines and beat crap up, not run around for C/Ds. I might aswell play WD or Wizard, lol. Or Barb if I want to be hitting things.

I'm sure it'll get fixed, but it's mad disappoint.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I am in the front lines, monk is monk. The stats you posted weren't too far off from mine either iirc, so I'm really not sure where you're going wrong.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I am in the front lines, monk is monk. The stats you posted weren't too far off from mine either iirc, so I'm really not sure where you're going wrong.
What build do you use? Also, are you soloing? In groups, my Monk was front line np. It's just not near as good as other options...

I am talking solo, and if you are soloing as Monk without kiting, please post your build.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I got a weird, CD-intensive build for my Monk that's somewhere between tank-y and dps. I've had success with it so far, but I have a feeling that I'm really going to need REAL gear to support it when I start hitting Hell and beyond.

I'll show you guys my build when I get home from work.

Smooth Criminal

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Monk was epic for me until Act 2 inferno. I ran Keen Eye for Armor50%, Eva+20% Armor mantra, and used inviciblity/heal/flash to stay alive.

Problem is for once was once things were on C/D it was time to kite.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Yeah, I solo super easy in act 2.

I run Fist of Thunder+dodge, Deadly Reach+armor, Mystic Ally+water, Serenity+heal, Sweeping wind+either 3 spirt gen or torandos if you have loh, and Mantra of Evasion+20% armor.

Passives are Transcendence, Seize the Initiative, and One with Everything.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Dumb Q, what is LoH?

How did you use Fist of Thunder and Deadly Reach? Just Alternate?

How did that fare in Act3/4?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Yeah, I solo super easy in act 2.

I run Fist of Thunder+dodge, Deadly Reach+armor, Mystic Ally+water, Serenity+heal, Sweeping wind+either 3 spirt gen or torandos if you have loh, and Mantra of Evasion+20% armor.

Passives are Transcendence, Seize the Initiative, and One with Everything.
...are you the dude that was running with me and Tinderbox yesterday?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL Monk is fine atm. In fact the game should be pretty easy for monks. Barb is probably a bit better solo but monk is definitely more useful in a group(can keep more survivability while adding pulls in for CC while barb can't really sacrifice anything for act 3/4 for cc). Monks with a barb in the group are unstoppable tanks as well because of impunity lmao.

Kal

Smash Champion
I think they should nerf Barbs, if only because my class of choice has been nerfed like forty times. I know it's irrational, but basically: **** you Hylian.

In all seriousness, let's get some buffs. I think the Barb is a pretty adequate "base line" for how good a class should be.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I can see how they work well together because you can stack buffs and what not; most of my frustration is off of soloing, which besides what Ignatius said, everyone kites Act3/4 as Monk because alone they're not enough. Iunno, solo wise it seems to break the job, but I can see how as a team they function well.

But it feels like Monk=Barb should be the case, not Monk>Barb, and if you compare them (because they are similar), Barb is better in many ways.

But, I'm still going to make it work, I just had to sell 90% of my stuff because I never thought of LoH/Regen + Defensive stuff, so all my gear was really not too hot. I'm a naked Monk, but I've seen that low investment Wizards can tear Inferno apart haha, so I just got to get there to farm.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can see how they work well together because you can stack buffs and what not; most of my frustration is off of soloing, which besides what Ignatius said, everyone kites Act3/4 as Monk because alone they're not enough. Iunno, solo wise it seems to break the job, but I can see how as a team they function well.

But it feels like Monk=Barb should be the case, not Monk>Barb, and if you compare them (because they are similar), Barb is better in many ways.

But, I'm still going to make it work, I just had to sell 90% of my stuff because I never thought of LoH/Regen + Defensive stuff, so all my gear was really not too hot. I'm a naked Monk, but I've seen that low investment Wizards can tear Inferno apart haha, so I just got to get there to farm.
This just isn't true in my experience. I play with 3 different monks and all of them farm act 3 inferno perfectly fine without kiting everything around. If anything barbs need to kite way more than monks because they blow two minute cooldowns or 30 second cooldowns depending on their gear. I don't need to kite after the patch but I certainly was before.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kal, being a true warrior is always beneficial in every way. They are strong, they can buff parties, they can take hits. That's what you get for not being one. ;)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Talking as a team or solo though? As a team I have no doubt, I just mean solo

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I wouldn't see any reason why any class shouldnt be able to solo properly when played right. I mean more like movement wise and using your moves at the right time.

Spec wise, it still sucks you cant do exactly what you want for where you are.

Kal

Smash Champion
Kal, being a true warrior is always beneficial in every way. They are strong, they can buff parties, they can take hits. That's what you get for not being one. ;)
Barbarism is bad, Kage. Let's not kid ourselves.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Dumb Q, what is LoH?

How did you use Fist of Thunder and Deadly Reach? Just Alternate?

How did that fare in Act3/4?
Life on Hit.

Act 3 its fine, it's just a bit too slow and inefficient for farming. Haven't really tried act 4 yet cause the loot is fine in 2 and 3. Although I probably should try act 4 at some point, I here its much more ideal for melee over act 3, but things are kind of trivial now with the weapon I have.

Mostly use Fist of Thunder, you just need to use the third hit of reach every 3-4 seconds just to keep it up.

...are you the dude that was running with me and Tinderbox yesterday?
Yeah.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Also, sick find iggy.

Edit: Fiery Brimstones recently went from 20k for one to 71k lol. Now is a good time to sell.

Kal

Smash Champion
Seems like a somewhat disproportionate response to playful banter, but I understand and accept your opinion.

Matt07

Smash Master
Recently found Natalaya's Cloak, so I earned 2.4m from that :). About time I got a good drop.

Also started playing Hardcore, just beat Normal with a Monk. I really like the class more than my Demon Hunter, I feel like Monk's have more variety with skills, but that might change in Inferno lol.

:phone:

KarmaJolt

Smash Cadet
Does anyone actually even use two-handed weapons? Seems like kind of a punt to me, since one-handers are usually comparable in terms of DPS, and having a shield makes you fancy. Maybe I wouldn't know, since I only really play a wizard.

D

Deleted member

Zombie bears is completely glitched now, certain bits of terrain bug them out and they not only freeze, but do no damage when they freeze.

Splinters were nerfed into the ground, my aspd went from 3.0 to 2.0, so blasting minions down before they get to you is a huge problem without lacuni prowlers.

Basically... if you aren't already at end-game with your wd, reroll so you can get in on the farmfest that is inferno right now.
lol

time to never play again or play another ****ing ****ty blizzard game

GGs leaving with the 12 cents i made in ah

Top Bottom