• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just beat Diablo on inferno with 3 other people in the game, all dead. AND THEY CHANGED IT SO THAT THE CLONES SPAWN IF YOU ARE DEAD. So I had to fight diablo and 4 clones by myself. I beat that phase(holy **** it was hard) and then in the 3rd phase I litterally stood in two meteors and took his lightning to the face and didn't drop below 50% health LOL.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So what is the verdict Hylian? What All res, hp, def, would you reccomend to a Barb/Monk/WD?

Also, does Wiz/DH still play glass cannon ? :p I'd assume so.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
now if only they didnt hotfix it so someone cant do the quest for them

...huh? They did nothing of the sort.

So what is the verdict Hylian? What All res, hp, def, would you reccomend to a Barb/Monk/WD?

Also, does Wiz/DH still play glass cannon ? :p I'd assume so.
Well it's hard to say now. I only know what res you would need for the previous patch. I have around 1000 all res and I'm super super tanky. I would image you could do act 3 now with 8-900 res and act 4 with 900-1000. You want anywhere from 40-60k health and at the very least 7500 armor probably. This is all for monks/barbs. Dunno about the other classes. It seems like they would be able to survive easier and kill things slower.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
...huh? They did nothing of the sort.

Well it's hard to say now. I only know what res you would need for the previous patch. I have around 1000 all res and I'm super super tanky. I would image you could do act 3 now with 8-900 res and act 4 with 900-1000. You want anywhere from 40-60k health and at the very least 7500 armor probably. This is all for monks/barbs. Dunno about the other classes. It seems like they would be able to survive easier and kill things slower.
Well, from what I was told, DH/Wiz go all offense due to being long range. WD mixes because it's a much shorter range.

My Monk has 25k HP, 7500 Armor, and +350 All Res. I'm stuck on Act 2, haven't tried post-patch though.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well, from what I was told, DH/Wiz go all offense due to being long range. WD mixes because it's a much shorter range.

My Monk has 25k HP, 7500 Armor, and +350 All Res. I'm stuck on Act 2, haven't tried post-patch though.
Just match the numbers I posted and you will be fine. Farming will be a lot easier now that good drops can happen even in act 1.

Kal

Smash Champion
I just beat Diablo on inferno with 3 other people in the game, all dead. AND THEY CHANGED IT SO THAT THE CLONES SPAWN IF YOU ARE DEAD. So I had to fight diablo and 4 clones by myself. I beat that phase(holy **** it was hard) and then in the 3rd phase I litterally stood in two meteors and took his lightning to the face and didn't drop below 50% health LOL.
I was there. Hylian basically ***** Diablo in the face. It was awesome.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well, @7.9k Armor, 40k Hp, 17k DPS and 730 All Res, going to try Act 2 again..

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/

I guess I read that to mean something else xD my bad
Yeah there was a bug where you could join someones game and gain an achievement they had previously done instantly, it was really silly. My friend got the achievement for completing his 3rd stash when he hadn't yet, and I completed that achievement like 2 weeks ago lol.

Kal

Smash Champion
I think it was originally done to allow people to acquire achievements they lost due to a rollback issue. For example, I started a game and, after having maxed out Shen, I got the "acquire Shen" achievement. I think the bug was just a side-effect.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
7.9 Armor, 45k hp, +750 All Res and Monk is flailing Act 2 major...

I'm using Keen Eye for the 50% armor boost too. >.> Don't get what I'm doing wrong

Renth

Smash Hero
7.9 Armor, 45k hp, +750 All Res and Monk is flailing Act 2 major...

I'm using Keen Eye for the 50% armor boost too. >.> Don't get what I'm doing wrong
add me as friend, you tank i dps with zombie bears.

gg act II isn't too bad

Act III is my current pain in the ***

Dekar173

Justice Man
question for witch doctors:

zombie bears + vision quest

or splinters+ atk spd

i feel that splinters is better BUT idk after attack speed nerf
Zombie bears is completely glitched now, certain bits of terrain bug them out and they not only freeze, but do no damage when they freeze.

Splinters were nerfed into the ground, my aspd went from 3.0 to 2.0, so blasting minions down before they get to you is a huge problem without lacuni prowlers.

Basically... if you aren't already at end-game with your wd, reroll so you can get in on the farmfest that is inferno right now.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I tried to speed run normal and I actually manage to finish it in one evening lol. I played like 4-5 hours I think, now I'm in nightmare.. I'm going to try to speed run it again. Hardcore of course. I'm using Sprint with Reckless Assault (Charge), ****ing amazing that skill. lol. Frenzy, Revenge for the rest of the mobs that dont die from one charge.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
add me as friend, you tank i dps with zombie bears.

gg act II isn't too bad

Act III is my current pain in the ***
Will next time I get on, though I wanted to be able to solo.

I will say my DPS is only 15k, but not sure what to do about that.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
why did they nerf inferno that hard man :\

i haven't gotten to it yet due to my alti-itis but i was looking forward to a challenge and now it seems like it'll be super easy :s
Same... still barely touch this game until I get a new computer, but it's annoying that I'll be playing babby mode whenever I do get there.

"Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses"

Why? They want you to just blow past those things and kill monsters?

Kal

Smash Champion
I tried to speed run normal and I actually manage to finish it in one evening lol. I played like 4-5 hours I think, now I'm in nightmare.. I'm going to try to speed run it again. Hardcore of course. I'm using Sprint with Reckless Assault (Charge), ****ing amazing that skill. lol. Frenzy, Revenge for the rest of the mobs that dont die from one charge.
I saw this. I was thinking to myself "man, he's level 30 already? That's impressive."

Still wish we could do ZK runs. T_T

Same... still barely touch this game until I get a new computer, but it's annoying that I'll be playing babby mode whenever I do get there.
This is just my opinion, but it's way more fun now. The difficulty was so artificial pre-patch. What made Diablo II fun wasn't the difficulty, but finding items. Personally, I feel that a game that wants to focus on difficulty should do it organically, like Dark Souls. Otherwise, it seems kind of pointless.

With a dungeon crawler with simple mechanics that basically don't allow for a meaningful increase in difficulty, I think "fun and easy" is better, since difficulty seems to always equate to a gear-check that forces it to be "boring and difficult." I think keeping the difficulty within PvP is the way to go, though I understand your concern since they've suggested that PvP is going to blow ***.

"Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses"

Why? They want you to just blow past those things and kill monsters?
Probably to nerf Whimsyshire.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Are there a lot of chests and stuff in whimsy?

Also I just beat act 3 nightmare (woo, lol) and realized that I have Leah's journal parts 1... 8... and 16. o_O
The journal system needs some kind of alphabetical order listing >_>

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, and you could basically just go through in DPS gear, kill everything, switch to MF gear, and open every chest. People were averaging a few million per run in terms of gear, if not more.

Blizzard doesn't believe in good ways to acquire gear. >_>

And yeah, the journal system is balls. But they at least seemed to fix a glitch with it where you wouldn't get credit for some journals.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I saw this. I was thinking to myself "man, he's level 30 already? That's impressive."

Still wish we could do ZK runs. T_T
Hehe, I know I could level faster if there were these things but I mean all you really need is a socket helm with +% xp gem.. right now Im using a Radiant Square ruby in it which gives 23%. It's good enough to rush through the acts and be a sufficient level for where you are so runs arent that big of an issue. Without that gem I would totally have been probably level 28-29 finishing normal but I finished at 31 which is more than enough.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just bought a weapon for $18, and then sold it for $30 :). Feelsgoodman.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hmm.. I think I found out my problem. I can take hits like a champ, but no regernation/life on hit. v_v...

It feels weird though, I had 25k Dps and I've watched it dwindle to 14k for defensive stuff. Guess that's expected, lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My dps is at 12.5k lol.

Also, hidden nerfs/changes:

Whimsyshire Pony Bottleneck was fixed
-Act 1 Cultist Ritual easy Champ kill nerfed
-Zombie bears now bugged
-Command per second lowered and disconnecting people for spamming commands too fast
-Monster walls now correctly block certain abilities like Evasive fire/Archon beam/piercing orb/etc. EDIT: Archon still shoots through. Piercing orb never did. Evasive patched.
-Elite mob that used to spawn to right of Dahlgur Oasis is now purple monster that does not grant NV.
-Magic weapon no longer duplicates its effect on your character sheet display (it used to stack double)
-Elite mobs often regen to full health if kited just outside of your view on the screen
-Elite mob reset timer lowered
-Clouds in Whimsyshire fall under the same chests/destructible objects loot nerf (could be deemed as expected from patch notes, but left here to let people know anyways).
-IAS is nerfed more than 50%. 50% nerf is the best case scenario. For most items its around 60% and for weapons it is higher (as high as 75%).
-IAS items did a re-roll on stats in their category. You could have a high roll in the range of the original category that re-rolls low on the new category range.
-Act 2 nagas before waterlogged passage replaced with a single named elite.
-Dank Cellar Sarkoth now fights
-Event in Festing Woods changes spawn locations now, and sometimes won't even appear
-Belial powerleveling patched
-Goblins gained immunity to barbaian's hook when portaling away
-Mythic potions drops nerfed? Could be related to destructible items
-You can no longer force the same instance of a map by reloading a game. It will randomly pick a map every time. If you want the same map you'll have to load up several games.
-Whimsyshire staff plans changed from 1 gold cost to 50k gold for hell. 100k for inferno. nightmare = ??? (I can't get online, can someone check nightmare and post?)
-Certain popular crafting recipes ninja nerfed to higher costs. Such as Seven Sins and all pieces in Sage's set.
-Dank Cellar goblin runs nerfed
-Gold spammers muted/banned better
-Act 3 pop-up mines no longer do 400k damage to enemies. They now do about 50k.
-Monk spirit regen has changed to a cap of 6.18, probably in an attempt to stop people from doing things like unlimited spirit rush builds.
-Diablo didn't used to spawn a shadow in Phase 2 for any dead players. Now it spawns a shadow regardless of whether they are alive or not.
-Iskatu loot nerfed even more. Now he might drop nothing or a single white.
-Smoke screen no longer usable while frozen despite other skills being enabled.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Ah so that means I'm doing it somewhat right. The problem is adding Regen is expensive. It'd cost like 1.5mil to have +1800ish added, and while I could do that, Wizard would be screwed at 60 <.<

Kal

Smash Champion
Why do they insist on nerfing every form of power leveling? It's so uncool. :(

At least I bought all of my Staff of Herding plans back when they cost 1g.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ No kidding, and Idk. Grinding through the story is lame.

So looking at Barb's Runes/Skills I get jelly. Monk is mad squishy compared to Barb, watching (post update) Diablo vids and Monks STILL have to kite until C/Ds are up then they melee. That is mad depressing, :[

Kal

Smash Champion
Saw this and got a laugh out of it:

merc1024: About the dialogue and story. You brought in some nice talent to do the voices for the game (some examples being Jennifer Hale as Leah, Steve Blum as Zoltun Kulle, and my favorite, Claudia Black as Cydaea). However some of the lines of dialogue in the game just made me cringe. I mean Belial isn’t a great liar, Azmodan is constantly telling me what he’s doing, and "I AM THE PRIME EVILLLLL!" I know at Blizzard, gameplay always comes first which is great and I think you did a fantastic job, but that doesn’t mean story isn’t important; So uhh… no offense intended, but really, what happened? Did your QA team not say anything or what

Jay Wilson: Agree to disagree? We get lots of compliments on the story and dialogue. It's a hard area to make everyone happy, and a lot of things we do to make goals obvious for some players make them feel over-stated to others. We never tried to make War and Peace, just a decent pulpy story about heroes fighting demons.
Also, you might find this interesting, Kage. Characters used in Hardcore:

Level 46-50:
  • Barbarian: 25.86%
  • Monk: 23.90%
  • Demon Hunter: 18.47%
  • Wizard: 16.96%
  • Witch Doctor: 14.81%

Level 60:
  • Barbarian: 22.67%
  • Monk: 21.83%
  • Demon Hunter: 21.04%
  • Wizard: 19.23%
  • Witch Doctor: 15.23%

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I know the stats doesnt necessarily mean barbs are better for HC but I guess they are as so many people are using them. Ryu, no need to grind the story, just wear speed stuff, kill everything as fast as you can and progress further and further. It doesnt take that long. I can probably do normal and nightmare in one day if I had the time easily.

Kal

Smash Champion
I just meant that it's funny that so many people are using Barbarians now, when earlier it was thought of as sort of a stupid move. "I'm going to roll a barb in Hardcore, LOL!!!!11eleven!1!."

How many hours does it take you to finish normal and nightmare, on average?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Jay Wilson: Agree to disagree? We get lots of compliments on the story and dialogue. It's a hard area to make everyone happy, and a lot of things we do to make goals obvious for some players make them feel over-stated to others. We never tried to make War and Peace, just a decent pulpy story about heroes fighting demons.
Everything that is wrong with blizzard today. "Oh some idiot said it was good and the world will buy the game no matter what, so **** it lets not worry about actually making an artistic work and just cash in"

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I just meant that it's funny that so many people are using Barbarians now, when earlier it was thought of as sort of a stupid move. "I'm going to roll a barb in Hardcore, LOL!!!!11eleven!1!."

How many hours does it take you to finish normal and nightmare, on average?
Both? Umm.. I'd say 10-11 hours.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Warcry without resists? uhh...
That build is a ranged build lol. You just run away from things and make them kill themselves with charm, while your tornados from sprint also kill them.

Top Bottom