• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
30% revenge huh? I guess that one might be better than having more leech per revenge.
Well yeah. It's going to proc twice as often as the 15% with 8% leech giving you effectively 10% instead of 8%.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I like it.

Beat the Story for the first time, as a Witch Doctor. Was kinda hard, since he could basically 1hko me and all. I just used Zombie Lines/Slow Hand Grab move with Summons to stay away D:.

Kal

Smash Champion
Hey guys, apparently I lost credit for the achievement for acquiring Shen. Looks like the only way I can get it now is to run it in Hardcore. Would anyone with a Hardcore character be willing to just run through that quest really quick while I tag along? I'm pretty sure I can just wait in town.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Is there a diablo 3 community site/forum that people use? d2jsp is dead and was never that good for discussion.
www.reddit.com/r/diablo

Hey guys, apparently I lost credit for the achievement for acquiring Shen. Looks like the only way I can get it now is to run it in Hardcore. Would anyone with a Hardcore character be willing to just run through that quest really quick while I tag along? I'm pretty sure I can just wait in town.
I'm sorta in the same boat.

My Blacksmith is level 10...

But I didn't get the achievement to "level him up".

... The **** is that ****?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well yeah. It's going to proc twice as often as the 15% with 8% leech giving you effectively 10% instead of 8%.
Ya I guess, but about that vid you linked... The barb has to have been ****ing geared to take on that many no problem because right now no matter how I'm specced, I'm going to get crushed by that many for sure. lol.

Right now I'm going for + armor gear with vit and str if possible but then at the same time I'd probably have to get + resist as well.. that might take a while before getting quality **** like that.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Massive hotfix you guys should read this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5825330
Hooray! They fixed the Templar Shield bug.

I'm glad they finally released a list of what they did. They really shouldn't just do it, and then tell us later.

Not that Smoke Screen was super duper important to me right now (only on Normal with him so far). But I'd imagine others who needed the time are gonna be a little PO'd.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Whats the point in nerfing **** right now? This isn't PvP, its all PvE. Nothing needs to be balanced at all.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Whats the point in nerfing **** right now? This isn't PvP, its all PvE. Nothing needs to be balanced at all.
This is how I view it. They should be buffing other classes to match. Especially since Blizzard stated that balance wasn't a big deal with Diablo because they want you to be able to mow through hordes. But I guess people are doing it in ways that Blizzard doesn't like.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't know I think it's silly. Their logic is they don't want any character to have a must have and cannot survive without that one specific skill.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Alright, so... Nightmare mode....

isn't too hard except for the fact my Lv35 Witch Doctor has had nothing but INT. 1200 DPS means nothing when your hp is 670 and you die in one hit.

So... I'm throwing VIT on like guides say too. @2.3k HP and this is feeling a lot more doable, lol.

My question is, what Skillsets are you guys doing for WD?

I've been doing Zombie Dogs/Voodoo Doll with Sacrifice, Firebombs, Fire Dire Bats, and Zombie Walls. I've been relying on Explosions for healing, the Doll to tank(ish), while I throw Bats/Bombs. I rarely use the Zombie Wall; mainly for distance. As for Runes, I was running things that gave Orbs/Damage/Damage boost from orbs.

It works, but I wonder @lv35 if something works better.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm running solo on Nightmare with my Monk right now and I'm doing fairly well. I have fairly high dexterity and have the passive to increase armor by 100% of my dexterity and I also have around 4k HP right now at level ~40.

Arcansi

Smash Champion

isn't too hard except for the fact my Lv35 Witch Doctor has had nothing but INT. 1200 DPS means nothing when your hp is 670 and you die in one hit.

So... I'm throwing VIT on like guides say too. @2.3k HP and this is feeling a lot more doable, lol.

I've been doing Zombie Dogs/Voodoo Doll with Sacrifice, Firebombs, Fire Dire Bats, and Zombie Walls. I've been relying on Explosions for healing, the Doll to tank(ish), while I throw Bats/Bombs. I rarely use the Zombie Wall; mainly for distance. As for Runes, I was running things that gave Orbs/Damage/Damage boost from orbs.

I've been running Splinters (Pretty sure it does highest Single Target DPS), Dire Bats (Pretty sure it's best AoE, if you can get the bats to hit.)

All WD's should have Soul Harvest (The lifegain Rune, it just gives so much int)

Whatever move makes you move faster//breaks cc//go through stuff//go invulnerable//drop aggro I use, with the mana gain rune.

Grasp w/ Unbeakable rune for kiting, and Gargantuan that gets pissed off for more damage//aggro taking.

But I'm lv 41, although I've been using all these skills for as long as I've had them.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Can somebody tell me exactly what intelligence, strength, and dexterity actually do? All I've seen from item stats is that dexterity affects damage and armor, but I have no idea what the other two do.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Also, 1 dex gives 1% damage if your a Monk//DH.

1 int = 1% damage if your a Wiz//WD

and it's str for Barb.
Yes. And what's interesting is that your primary stat (Dex for my monk) seems wayyyy more important once you're like level 25 plus, because even if you have like 100% dex but crappy base damage, it doesn't add much. But when you have a lot of damage already, every bonus 1% adds a ton.

I predict in some patch soon they will change the color of gems and pages/tomes of blacksmithing jewelcrafting. Like what they did in Diablo 2: they changed Runes from white text to orange so you could actually see it on the ground.

I hope they nerf Bloated Corpses, they're so gross I don't want to click on them.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Can somebody tell me exactly what intelligence, strength, and dexterity actually do? All I've seen from item stats is that dexterity affects damage and armor, but I have no idea what the other two do.
If you scroll over the stats in game it tells you what they do.

Sharky

Smash Master
WD build at lvl 42, been mostly soloing with it. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SdUgkT!ZVU!YZabbZ Basically whenever I fight I wanna proc vision quest so I can spam my skills to my heart's content. I chose the wall just for the extra damage while kiting, but I suppose I could replace it with grasp if needed. thoughts?

that's my build at the moment, although you wouldn't have vision quest yet so go with the mana locusts instead, and well of souls over phantasm for your spirit barrage rune. I don't like dogs because you run through them so quickly/they die fast/they just don't offer much outside of blowing up. Bats are great for pure damage, but they force you to stay put while channeling the stream of bats. Spirit barrage's range is HUGE, making it amazing for kiting.

For the third passive I would go with spiritual attunement or blood ritual. The latter probably wins out because the life regen is clutch in long kites.

btw, 1200 dps at lvl 35??? Do you use the auction house or am I just doing something wrong lol.

edit:

I've been running Splinters (Pretty sure it does highest Single Target DPS), Dire Bats (Pretty sure it's best AoE, if you can get the bats to hit.)

All WD's should have Soul Harvest (The lifegain Rune, it just gives so much int)

Whatever move makes you move faster//breaks cc//go through stuff//go invulnerable//drop aggro I use, with the mana gain rune.

Grasp w/ Unbeakable rune for kiting, and Gargantuan that gets pissed off for more damage//aggro taking.

But I'm lv 41, although I've been using all these skills for as long as I've had them.
Single target yes, splinters will do more in general, unless it's JUST that one target, in which case spiders actually do more damage (16% * 4 spiders * 3 attacks each = 192%, while splinters only does 180% with 3 darts).

like he said definitely consider grasp, it's great.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
"Doesn't take that long"

i've probably put 30 hours into this char and im not 60 yet :(
It still feels far, far shorter than leveling to 60 in Vanilla WoW and leveling to 99, or even 90, in Diablo 2 :O

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Man, Inferno Belial is rough :/.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So our Monk+DH combo was having trouble against nightmare act 2 boss... died like 3 times, third time we went to opposite sides, got him to like 50-75% and DH died because he gets 1-2 shot, I then tanked the rest of the fight because i had a 3 second invuln+heal, a heal+damage, and a heal over time, plus my healing mantra and I get healed whenever I spend spirit. lololo

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm running solo on Nightmare with my Monk right now and I'm doing fairly well. I have fairly high dexterity and have the passive to increase armor by 100% of my dexterity and I also have around 4k HP right now at level ~40.
Sounds like you're doing it right.

Here's my build right now (level... 41? 42 Maybe)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WfdgXQ!YcX!ZaZaZa

The idea is to grab as much as I can, and beat the **** out of it (Cyclone). I'm using the Spirit cost reduction rune right now because I'm having trouble keeping Spirit up.:shrug: Also running a dagger with shield for extra Oomf in durability.

[collapse=My Stats and dagger+shield]

[/collapse]

Also this happened earlier.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I feel like Transcendence and Chant of Resonence are must-have passives for the monk :/ kind of lame, but maybe later on I can add more variety and hopefully not be spirit/heal starved.

Jem.

Smash Master
False, in Inferno there arent a lot of builds that will work. There are some passives and moves that are requirements. There are a lot more that are useless past Hell and will hinder you or your team

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
About the WD I was wondering, is restless giant better than humongoid on the gargantuan ?
The 120 sec CD kinda kills it for me. Or maybe you can reset the cooldown by respawning it ?

Also here's my lvl 32 build : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#befdZT!ZbV!aZZZZa
Grasp + haunting + spiders combo makes stupidly high dot, with zombie charge to deal even more damage but I think I'm gonna trade zombie for spirit walk once I reach nightmare, as I begin to feel the need for an escape.

Any advices ?

Kal

Smash Champion
[Collapse="Blizzard Post"]We’d like to address some of the ongoing concerns from the Diablo® III community since the game went live last week, and go into more detail about how we plan to tackle some of the lingering post-launch issues so players can focus on what they want to be focused on -- playing Diablo III.

Hotfixes, Upcoming Patch, and Ongoing Issues

Since the game’s launch, we’ve applied a number of hotfixes to address gameplay issues, made tweaks to improve our service stability, and performed occasional server maintenance when necessary to ensure that in the long term, players have the best gameplay experience possible. Moving forward, additional server maintenances will be required -- and sometime next week, we plan to release a game update in the form of a patch that will further address client issues and apply additional bug fixes.

We also wanted to let you know that we’re still looking into the best way to address the achievements that some players lost in the hours following the game’s release. While we don’t have any concrete details to share with you just yet, we will have more information to share in the weeks ahead. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we work to improve stability and usability for all players.

Real-Money Auction House Coming Soon

In light of the post-launch obstacles we’ve encountered, we have made the decision to move the launch of the real-money auction house beyond the previously estimated May time frame. As we mentioned in our original announcement, our goal has always been to ensure everyone has the smoothest experience possible when the real-money auction house launches, and we need a bit more time to iron out the existing general stability and gameplay issues before that feature goes live. While we don’t have a new launch date to share just yet, we’ll have more information soon.

Battle.net®/Diablo III Security Concerns

Over the past couple of days, players have expressed concerns over the possibility of Battle.net® account compromises. First and foremost, we want to make it clear that the Battle.net and Diablo III servers have not been compromised. In addition, the number of Diablo III players who’ve contacted customer service to report a potential compromise of their personal account has been extremely small. In all of the individual Diablo III-related compromise cases we’ve investigated, none have occurred after a physical Battle.net Authenticator or Battle.net Mobile Authenticator app was attached to the player’s account, and we have yet to find any situation where a Diablo III player's account was accessed outside of “traditional” compromise methods (i.e. someone logging using an account's login email and password).

To that end, we’ve also seen discussions regarding the possibility of account compromises occurring in ways that didn’t involve these “traditional” methods -- for example, by “session spoofing” a player’s identity after he or she joins a public game. Regarding this specific example, we’ve looked into the issue and found no evidence to indicate compromises are occurring in this fashion, and we’ve determined the methods being suggested to do so are technically impossible. However, you have our assurance that we’ll continue to investigate reports such as these and keep you informed of important updates.

The best defense against account theft still includes smart password management (e.g. using a unique password for every site/service and keeping your password to yourself) and scanning for malware and viruses regularly, as well as following additional preventative steps found here. In the end, while no security method is 100% foolproof, the physical Battle.net Authenticator and Battle.net Mobile Authenticator app are great ways to provide your account with an extra layer of protection.

We hope this update has addressed some of the concerns you’ve had. In the end, we simply want all of our players to be able to fully enjoy Diablo III, and we’ve been working around the clock to address issues as quickly and efficiently as possible. We appreciate your continued support and enthusiasm, and we hope you and your friends are having a blast slaying Sanctuary’s demons.
[/collapse]

tl;dr patch coming next week, Real Money Auction House delayed again

Top Bottom