• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I can't believe they still have the "attackers take x damage per hit" modifier. It's on topaz for weapons, and it's on a ton of items I find. I'm not wrong to think it's TOTALLY worthless am I? Why didn't they learn from the last game?

edit: just had a Diablo 1 moment. Came across some Vampiric Molten guys near the beginning of act 3 NM, and they were those huge guys with dual clubs that would like 4 shot me, so I ran halfway across the map and came across stairs... the leader of the pack was too huge to go up the stairs so I fought him alone :D
and still died once even though it was just to him. jeez.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I didn't know you could use more than one set of skill. Like use two primary, etc.

Using Fists of Thunder AND Hundred Fists (for the Zero Spirit Tele) is fun lol

Lovage

Smash Hero
i got haxed a week ago. lost all money, lost most gear (luckily they didnt take the lv 52 bow i stole off the AH for 6k)

took blizz 2 days to respond, they emailed me saying they performed the restoration. i logged in nothing changed. i email them back and another 2 days later they say they restored it again and again nothings changed, so i gave up on them

so i just borrowed 100k from a friend, got myself a decent set of gear from da AH and started grinding again

but yea, change your PW, get a mobile authenticator if you have a smartphone (its free pretty sure)

if blizz doesn't restore your **** within 1-2 days i'd say **** it and just start playing again

Lovage

Smash Hero
lol my acct had been compromised for years, i just never used it for **** besides sc2 and forgot to change my pw when diablo came out

Kal

Smash Champion
You guys must have clicked fishy links or watch too much pron or something..
Supposedly, there is an actual server-side issue that is allowing people to bypass the password and authenticator screen. Lovage's case was probably just a compromised account, however.

Lovage, you can get an authenticator for free if you have an Android phone or one of those fascist iPhones. It's a little irritating (though you only need to use it once in a while if you sign in from the same IP address each time), but the added security is pretty enormous.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll just have to borrow a bit o gold I guess. I used diff passes and all this other crap though, so I dunno. I figure since you can only use 2 resets, its not worth it using one now while a buncha other people are having issues too.

Kal

Smash Champion
thats the theory but blizzard says its technically impossible to perform.
Blizzard is full of ****. Everyone who knows anything about security systems knows that nothing is completely secure. It's just that Blizzard, in all its glorious omniscience, refuses to acknowledge any fault on their part, ever. They even go as far as to censor posts that speak badly about them on their forums.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I saw a questionably legit video of some guy being hacked (his gear was disappearing without him touching it), according to him, you can get hacked just by playing with other random internet people who know bad things.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
GOD the wizard forum is freaking hilarious. Everyone QQing about Force Armor LMFAO. Wizards are still the best class. Even at 18k HP I'm making tremendous progress through ACT3 without corpse running. Hopefully I'll beat diablo in inferno by the end of the weekend (depends on if I want to do a legitimate clear lol).

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Anybody else rage immensely when they're killed by Arcane Sentries, Maniacs, or anything that spawns poison on the ground?

Because it sure as **** is getting to me.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Fire-chains piss me the hell off too. Especially when they're Fire-Chain Arcane monsters. T_T

What's The Point

Smash Master
I figured the worst possible combo would be a Champion Pack of Mobli Infiltrators (That's not the name but it's close, the meteor guys from the end of Act 4) with Arcane-Enchanted Frozen Shield Teleport. Not sure about being the most difficult but the shear agony of trying to kill those guys would be mind blowing.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Arcane Shielding Frozen Jailing Heralds of Pestilence

Seriously, **** Heralds of Pestilence

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Those are the ones that spawn poison on the ground right? If so, **** 'em. Even the regular ones kill me if enough come at me. I'm looking at you, Azmodin's army.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just hate the stuff that make your character lose control. I don't remember much of that in previous diablo games, feel free to refresh my memory. But when you're constantly getting knocked away/feared/frozen etc, it's extremely frustrating.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nah the previous games mainly had immunes, no real hard cc like these ones. D3's mobs are a lot more fun(and frustrating at times) to fight than d2s in my opinion.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That's true. Immunities were a pretty awful idea, it made some encounters literally impossible depending on your class/spec :/

Kal

Smash Champion
I liked immunities. The mobs with affixes in this game are mostly annoying and tedious to fight, rather than engaging and fun.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't mind wallers too much when that's their only ability. But when they're combined with something like plague, then it's just ridiculous.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I liked immunities. The mobs with affixes in this game are mostly annoying and tedious to fight, rather than engaging and fun.
I don't see how it's possible to not like the affixes in this game and like immunities lol. They literally did nothing except make you use different spells or not fight the packs at all. The new affixes actually involve strategy and good micro, more so than anything in D2 did aside from PVP.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't see how it's possible to not like the affixes in this game and like immunities lol. They literally did nothing except make you use different spells or not fight the packs at all. The new affixes actually involve strategy and good micro, more so than anything in D2 did aside from PVP.
Gotta agree with Hylian here. Immunities in D2 were kind of lame. What's the fun in just switching up spells just to fight a mob? I like having to strategize and figuring out when to pop my defensive CDs. I also find kiting/bottlenecking enemies to be a bit more engaging because of that, too.

Smooth Criminal

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Massive stash bug, important read:

I was rearranging my stash, where I had the situation of 2 single slot items arranged in a 2x1 form (1 on top of the other taking up 2 slots total) and a 2 slot item on the left.

I moved one of the single slot items onto the 2 slot items (normally this swaps them) but since it can't, because a single slot item is also already there (there were 2 remember) the 2 slot item is deletes it seems.

I've confirmed this with every item I can think of and lost a bit of valuable stuff unfortunately

(anyone else confirm this? Do NOT try with stuff you dont want to lose)

For the record my stash was full, but I dont think it matters. They have a bug with the sort/replace system in inventory/stash.

Kal

Smash Champion
Basically, you just needed multiple damage types to bypass Hell in Diablo II. In this game, you need contrived kiting strategies. I also just find this game's affixes more annoying in general.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its more fun to use strategy to beat enemies than needing to invest skill points into different elements just in case.

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, if the strategies weren't totally contrived and artificially forced down your throat. An enemy that walls off, reflects damage, and has immune ads is annoying to fight. The added "depth" doesn't compensate for the fact that it's plain and simply not fun.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
But you like all Melee stages? That sounds contradicting.. lol. There's as much BS to deal with weird stages than fighting bosses in diablo.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah, if you don't think its fun, don't play. Personally, I find it fun to have to use strategy and such to overcome tough encounters

Top Bottom