• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

nineninetyone

Smash Rookie
Really? No one's gona say how stupid it was to keep 300 dollars cash laying around? I call shinanigans because no one could be so dumn as to leave that amount of money unsupervised and not in their own wallet. I have a bank. It takes money 24/7. It's insured by the FDIC. All of this could have easily been prevented.

I'll share a bit of wisdom that most people already know. Don't carry around more money than you are willing to lose, because chances are, it'll get lost.
Hey. It was an honest mistake and it's a problem he's willing to resolve on his own for the sake of the community. If you haven't noticed, his trust in others has done a lot for the scene. You know...being loud and cynical doesn't make you right. If you disagree with any of this, keep it to yourself or if you'd like, we can sort it out in person. Thanks.

Genie

Smash Rookie
Magic lamp in the Cave of Wonders, Somewhere near
Really? No one's gona say how stupid it was to keep 300 dollars cash laying around? I call shinanigans because no one could be so dumn as to leave that amount of money unsupervised and not in their own wallet. I have a bank. It takes money 24/7. It's insured by the FDIC. All of this could have easily been prevented.

I'll share a bit of wisdom that most people already know. Don't carry around more money than you are willing to lose, because chances are, it'll get lost.
If youv'e come here to preach your "wisdom" then don't bother posting at all. Mocking someones' misfortune after money was stolen from them is almost as bad as stealing it yourself. I'm having a hard time finding a more colorfull way to say that nobody gives a ****.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lol, you probably just could've gotten a name change.
I asked for a name change a good two months ago.

;_;

I'm also too lazy to get a new account...partly because I have a video thread I have to be running, and I'm too bothered to redo it and get the other one closed.

d4bA

Smash Cadet
gimme some advice PLEASE

34ce baby
good advice!

Nah, I asked drew and he told me that it'd be easier on them to just remake an account and have them delete the old one. If they let people change their names, they'd get all kinds of requests.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
im really sorry d-phat that someone in the community would do something like that to u i would gladly pay the venue but im grounded...still :( but il sneek over there to just give u 5$ dude and whoever did steal it......go **** urself:) then give back the money

Everis755

Smash Cadet
Hey DFW, i had been talkin to a few of the DFW brawlers and they liked the idea of brawling at my place where we had our first Irving hosts BBQ Smash Fest. If someone could post this up, and please give me feedback on the idea of saturday, i'd appreciate it. Info is as follows:

Irving hosts Weekly Brawl Fests!

Every Saturday starting as early as 6:00 P.M.!

2881 W. Walnut Hill Apt#2120
Irving, Tx 75083

We can run up to 8 or 9 setups! Tons of space for people to play, eat, and sleep!
All free, but any sort of money put towards the Fest will be used on food and drinks.

Friendlies will be running all night and if enough people show up, we can play small tournies for fun. Noise isn't an issue, but don't be obnoxious either. We are hosting these friendlies to have fun, so just have fun =).

For more info, call Alex(B00se/Dann0) @ 956-874-3435 or IM me on AiM @ Cab00se956er.

Peace!

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
EDIT: This Is Khaoz...Didnt realize I was on Angel's account...haha. my bad.

Thats really low of someone to do that! I hate thieves so much. Honestly, whoever did it either come clean or do as Jingo Joe suggested, just leave it where he'll find it this weekend.

I dont care if this has been said over and over again. Dphats such a nice guy letting us do this every weekend and someone goes and repays him like this. I've only just started getting to know you guys in the Dallas crew, but from what little I know, I think that can tell we're all better pple than this.

I will without a doubt pay the dollar venue fee, Dphat.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Prince Bistro Tournament #9
January 31, 2008

Prince Bistro http://www.princebistro.com/
1121 Flower Mound Rd
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
(It's to the Left of the Kroger)

SBR certified (Specific rules that are adjusted to fit the PBT tournaments according to the regional philosophies will be posted online soon)
5$ entry fee for singles
Teams entry fee 1$ (No Metaknight in the teams event).
Registration from 12:30 PM to 2:00 pm.
The first event starts at 2:30 pm.

Bring a Wii + Brawl copy and/or a TV to get a free soda.

Last time at PBT #8, we used 8 out of the 9 TVs. Everyone did their part and it was much appreciated. All I can ask is that we keep it up. The set up for PBT will be able to sustain 10 tvs. So be sure to bring one and/or a Wii if you can.

Show up on time. Register earlier than later. We will continue to run the tournament to schedule.

We will run a MOLECULE tournament system for the PBT #9 singles event. This system will allow for the whole tournament to move more quickly, while giving players opportunities to take breaks without burdening the process. Basically, the winners bracket will be divided and posted at different TV stations. The members in each bracket will easily be able to pair up to play their matches within their section. As long as you keep winning, you will continue to pair up and play matches until about the semi finals of the winners bracket. When you lose, you report the loss to the main desk and wait for us to call losers bracket matches as they come. The Molecules will be announced at the beginning of the tournament.

Expect a tighter tournament. Expect to get to know the attendees at least by name. Expect a cozy, local tournament.

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments send them my way... ADarkDreamer@gmail.com

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
not bad irving smashfests if enough people show up i might just go haha since it is closer but regardless Dphats was awesome

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
So let me get this straight, Everis in irving for saturday. Btw sorry who are you again Everis? Honestly I really don't remember, were you at pbt, what is your tag, and what do you look like? Sorry I'm not trying to be rude or anything I just wanna make sure I'm not mistaking you for someone else.

Edit: Ok nvm I'm going to dphats friday.

Magitek_Knight

Smash Apprentice
San Angelo is playing Saturday night and Sunday :)

sweeeeeeeet..... i am there. where is this going to go down at?? and i assume all there is going to be is me, santi, dojo, cake and puffball ( i think thats the name)

Oh and COP.... i see a EPIC Ness on Ness battle someday......

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Afdlkjjfalasjdfasljkdflajksdfjla A I Want To Fuggin' Plays Mash, I Want To Fuggin' Play, Is Anythign Going On Anytime Soon? Hello? Ello? Ello?

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
*walks into thread after the internet was off for two days*

So, what's up gu-SOMEONE STOLE WHAT!?!?

Srsly, I got a pair of nail clippers and some rubbing alcohol for whoever stole from D-Phat. Guy's cool as hell for running these Smashfests and then people take advantage? SrsC@ is unamused.

Everis755

Smash Cadet
So let me get this straight, Everis in irving for saturday. Btw sorry who are you again Everis? Honestly I really don't remember, were you at pbt, what is your tag, and what do you look like? Sorry I'm not trying to be rude or anything I just wanna make sure I'm not mistaking you for someone else.

Edit: Ok nvm I'm going to dphats friday.
My tag is B00se but some ppl know me as Dann0. makin a new account soon (and deleting this one >.>). We have a really big place open to friendlies. And its on a saturday so it doesn't interfere with DPhats friendlies. We could definitly do both =p:psycho:

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
I'm getting my dollar back! =P
lol if by "getting my dollar back" you mean "giving more money to ruddy" then yes you will most definitely get your dollar back:laugh:

Melee1 i think you and i should MM again, your Captain Falcon vs my D3:bee:

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Andy-san -

For the record, I was kidding in my joke post about taking your money. I don't even remember where you live half the time, and I always have to call one of you guys to reinforce the directions of how to get to Coppell. =)

Honestly, though, I don't blame you for charging a $1 venue fee per person until you reacquire every single dime that you lost. I'm pretty old-balls compared to the lot of you fine Dallas folk, but if there's one thing that has grown with insurmountable certainty with me over the last several years I've been living the college lifestyle, it's people with relatively weak personality composition are the one's who are the most susceptible to change. I've enjoyed everyone's company thus far, but I can't vouch for many of you to have infallible strength of character, mainly based on the fact that I only see you guys once a month.

To boil it down in simpler terms, it really doesn't matter at all how highly you personally feel about the company you keep; the absolute best of people in Western society also tend to be the people who commit an error of life that you never thought they would commit in a thousand years.

You losing $300 is definitely not the work of an outsider; the sad reality of the matter is that it was someone in our circle of friends and acquaintances, and until that person is red-flagged (if you ever even get the opportunity at all), you have no choice but to tread very, very carefully, especially when you are inviting relative strangers (myself included) wholeheartedly into your home.

I'm sincerely sorry you were a victim of this petty bull****, but if you don't want this to happen again, you're going to have to be cautious and run a tighter ship. This is exactly what I expected you to do, and no one looks down on you for being more careful.

We all love you, Andy!

-- H.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom