• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Hey Zac you up for some games tomorrow? I'm off class around 12:30 so if you want to play tell me man.
I'm game for having a minor smashfest tomorrow (Wed, jan 21st) at my place after work. I get off work at 5pm.

Anyone is welcome to stop by and play, we have two TVs and Wiis.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would consider going to Dallas some time for a smashfest. Not anytime soon but maybe in the future. :)

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Not if you do it properly. There's a big thread on here about how to do it, and there's essentially no risk.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
ALRIGHT so.. someone went to my ****ing closet and stole 300 dollars.. I'm very ****ing upset right now and I'm now charging venue fee everyweek till either one of the following happens
1) i get my money back
2) I get 300 dollars worth of venue fee

1-5 dollar venue fee is what im charging.

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
someone give him his money! thats not cool dudes, we're supposed to brawl and have fun not go through other peoples stuff, whoever did it ruined smashfests now -.-'

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
As Dphat would say: "What the ****?"

But seriously, why would someone take money from a smashfest that he holds every week.

What a douche. Give it back plx.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Wow, super lame. I sincerely hope someone comes forward and gives it back.

However, I'm not paying five dollars because someone else is a d0uche. If that's your policy, I'll just play somewhere else. I'm sorry it has to be that way, but it is.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Why in the world someone would steal $300.00 dollars from you, after being generous and throwing all these smash fests plus letting people crash at your place and eat your food is beyond me. While I don't mind paying the venue fee, this is kind of an inconvenience. Whoever stole Andy's money, have some respect and return it, this guy has been nothing but nice to the Dallas smash community, along with other cities in Texas such as San Angelo, Houston, Austin, etc. We go over to Dallas Phat's place to smash, not steal ****. :ohwell:

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
just set some rules and restrictions to where ppl cant get to and can't do and get a lock on alot of **** u got

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wow, just wow. Petty thievery at its best. Go smash community! :ohwell:

Next time, just lock your room or deadbolt the closet. Whoever did it will get what they deserve. It always comes back around. ALWAYS.

nineninetyone

Smash Rookie
I don't mind paying five bucks. It's the least we could do, really. And I don't care who took the money. You're going to regret it. I'll make sure of that. No joke.

ANGEL: I'll cover you if I'm there. I like you and your friends' company.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
One dollar is more reasonable, I'll probably still come in that case. I realize it's bull****, but you have to understand that I don't feel like getting punished because one person in a great community is lame.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Wow, what complete and utter bull****....

Grow a pair of balls then let them drop. Ugh, the one thing I can't stand the most is thieves....

I'm really sorry about that D, I hope you get it back bro. If the venue fee is still going on when we go back up there next time, I'll gladly pay the fee if we manage to get back up there. I'll give the 5 if you don't charge Santi/Cake. SA <3's you a ****load and I hope this doesn't ruin it for D-town.

Everis755

Smash Cadet
Thats f'in crazy. What business did people have in your closet anyways. This is crazy. I'll gladly throw down to play at your place till we get the money back or someone fesses up. Ridiculous.

Edit

And if you really don't want people at your place, we can do some stuff at mine till someone just fesses up. Whoever it was, please have some respect for Dphat and what he has done for you.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
One dollar is more reasonable, I'll probably still come in that case. I realize it's bull****, but you have to understand that I don't feel like getting punished because one person in a great community is lame.
You're a part of a community. When one person in said community does something stupid, everyone must endure the consequences.

Many things in life function that way. I'd think that it betters the community's trust for its members, and filters out all of the douchebaggery that still clings to the community as a whole.

Besides, others already said that they'd pay for your fee to get in, so there really shouldn't be a problem with it at all. Just suck it up and go.

And DPhat, that REALLY sucks arse for you. At the very least, I hope you get your money back, one way or the other.

You have to admit though; being able to swipe three-hundred bones without anyone noticing is a pretty amazing feat. Lock your valuables more securely for the next time DPhat, to avoid something like this from happening again.

And again.

And again.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I understand where he's coming from, I'm not trying to say he shouldn't charge. I'm just saying I won't participate if the fee is 5$ every time. He already said he'd lower it, so it's not a problem anymore.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Yup yup espy you are correct, you live and you learn and yes if one person in a community does something the entire community will feel the consequence. Alright fogo when you get the chance throw up this information on the front page of the dallas thread.

As of now a $1 venue fee will be placed at the door.

No food will be allowed into my house, if you're going to eat, please eat at the restaurant.
Also I expect any drinks people bring to be thrown away.

That is all for now, anyways whoever stole the money I promise I won't call the cops or anything I just want it back and to apologize to me that is all.

Everis755

Smash Cadet
although i know this is obvious, if anyone knows ANYTHING, please let dphat know. we cant let something like this wreck the dallas community. i just got here =(

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Super lame. This is the second time that this has happened from a gaming community (my experiences).

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
@ whoever took the money: Just tell us who you are and there won't be any issues. There's no reason to do **** like this, especially not to someone who's contributed like Andy has.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dphat, you should sit on every smasher that's been to your place in turn until one of them fesses up and gives you your money back.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
wow i cant think of anyone in our community that would do such a thing. ill be glad to pay the venue fees and continue feeding you. it kinda scares me to bring some of stuff now, then again i apparently get scared easily.

on another im uploading videos to youtube...i forgot it takes forever to upload so be patient

Santi

Smash Lord
WOW....

I'm sooo sorry Boo :/
Whoever did that is a super douche.
I wish I could "gotchya" who ever stole that money.

I'll gladly pay the fee and buy you a happy meal. It's bull**** how people would do that period, let alone do it to someone who holds free smashfests every Friday and houses out of town smashers all the time.

This sucks major and I'm sorry it happened to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom