• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deva (Link) vs DSF (Snake/MK) epic stuffz. . . and now kinda old lulz

Snowbird

Smash Cadet
Wow I started reading this thread from page 1 about 20 minutes ago. I got a hole bunch of hype, maybe even more because I assumed I would get to see the answer by the end on the ELEVENTH page at least!

This is stupid...

•Col•

Smash Champion
I'm almost positive he placed 2nd in a tournament.

It's not easy to win a tournament.

For a Link user to win a tournament they are most probably better than everyone.

It can't be a tech, as Praxis implies.
Lastly, Link gained a Top 2 in the character rankings list very recently.
Call me McGruff the mystery dog.
Ack... That all seems to match up.... DDDDx And that doesn't blow my mind, to be honest.... And that don't see how that really helps the Link community...

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
DEVA, this thread is hilarious. Please don't reveal your secret for at least a week. The comments keep getting funnier and funnier. I think some people are actually going to explode in anticipation. Besides people are starting to be ***** about it (can I say ***** on this forum? If not replace that row of stars with "pricks") and even insulting you. Maybe you shouldn't ever reveal it and instead have this thread stickied. haha 11 pages!

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Deva about what your going to show us i have 4 quesitons....

Is it game breaking?

Did you thoroughly test it?

Is it a one time thing or can you repeat at will?

How situational is it to pull, whatever your going to show us, off?
Very situation or can pull of on the spot?

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
+1 Hype, curiously subscribing.

This reminds me of that AngeloBangelo thread from Melee about the Captain Falcon $100 MM, moreso in the response hype then the OP.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Fine praxis maybe you can answer these questions since you were there.

Is it game breaking?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Fine praxis maybe you can answer these questions since you were there.

Is it game breaking?

I'd rather not give too many details.

Game breaking? Well, it definitely breaks something :chuckle:

Jink

Smash Apprentice
I guess is a Melee size Spin Attack, or a long range ClawShot, or a Double ClawShot, or maybe he find an easier way to hit-and-pull with the GB like when you hit at the back of the head and feet of the opponents, OR a practical spike in one attack.

I wish Link could shoot beams from his sword like he originally did, you know, THE original Link.
<==
<==

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I'd rather not give too many details.

Game breaking? Well, it definitely breaks something :chuckle:
Hm...that could stand to mean that it either greatly buff's one of Link's own moves or he manages to thoroughly destroy a popular character with this technique.

**** it, the hype got to me too.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
This is obviously just a hoax similar to the infamous NikoK incident. You guys may regret filling this thread with posts and then getting laughed at.

Deva

Smash Lord
OMG guys, I feel like a d!ck now. I didnt mean for this much hype XD. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up lol. I'm pretty sure you'll all be disappointed with all the expectations now, but I'll just say it's not a technique, and Fear was the closest one to getting it right. Check the first post in a couple mins for the update.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
lol Nice. You beat him both times, right? That's is amazing. That's almost better than a new AT XD

EDIT: Holy Crap, I only noticed who it was you defeated until after I clicked the vid. You destroyed DSF's 2 stock. Link is definitely moving up a few places.

Deva

Smash Lord
And I do apologize for it not being an AT XD. I should have realized my first post would imply that.

Thanks though.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Whoa, it's not an AT, but it definitely doesn't matter, cause this is just as good. I can definitely see how he was the "best Snake player", those jab cancels were godly, and considering the fact most of the time you were face-to-face with Snake, beating him was dramatic.

The Norfair part was what got me though. Norfair is definitely your stage, despite it being a strategic disadvantage to you. It's like you hacked the game and destroyed Metaknight after he gimped you.

I don't care what anyone says, these vids alone should get Link out of the bottom of low tier.

Deva

Smash Lord
I actually think Norfair is Link's best stage. The platforms are set up nicely for spaming, recovering, and low ceiling for easy dair kills.

And I just realized WTF at 200 posts in 2 days o_0

I should check up on this thread more often XD

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Great vids!!!!! I liked the way you pwned metaknight.

It really would have been cool if you had found out how to transform Link into a wolf, but this is just as good.

Can I ask: How much money did you win from DSF?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I think you descovered something like
Hit canceled Usmash using the second strike of his Usmash ?

Legan

Smash Lord
Thats pretty badass Deva, while im not sure whether or not a single MM would effect Links tier position, this is definately a great start.

Top Bottom