• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deva (Link) vs DSF (Snake/MK) epic stuffz. . . and now kinda old lulz

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
i've beaten dsf's snake in friendlies before but got very lucky, barely escaping with my life :'(

anyway, it's not a new AT and i don't think it deserved this much hype but this is still pretty cool considering link's tier situation atm

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
You beat a great Meta Knight, **** yeah!

at least now I know what it is, instead of leaving this to a mystery in my mind where a whole bunch of crazy ideas were going through everyones minds

and of course I was just puffing smoke. xD someone pm'd me and told me to tell them what it was. xD

THE KEY TO BEATING META KNIGHT is as simple as landing a Dair, that last stock Meta knight was around 80% and the landing Dair scratched him and knocked him out. I learned a lot from that video thanks :)

D

Deleted member

1000th post!!!!!!!!

wtf deva!!!!! now i'm going to have to try even harder to become better than you :p

jk, that ****'s amazing @_@

deva for god tier

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
It just goes to show you that any char can be good, but not every character can have the same abilities, which is why characters are put into tiers. Big difference :)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
You won a MM against DSF. Twice. What do I get?

EDIT: Ok, probably something better, I just saw what you posted at the "We R botton Tier" topic so it must be something really good, no?
I find it amusing that the 4th post actually had it almost right ;)

The first comment anyone made after witnessing this was iCraq I believe, "...does this mean Deva is better than us?"

Nobody else beat DSF as his mains that day. I nearly beat his Snake a couple of times, and got closer than anyone else but Deva. Jem beat him in some rounds in tournament finals, but he was playing Pit and G&W I believe.

Deva owned.

sasook

Smash Champion
Amazing. Even more so because at the beginning of the Snake match it's like they're jumping around and using basic A attacks. And then suddenly all the skill comes flowing from both players.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
o.o ... Wow. Umm... do the words "Nice work Deva!" really sum it up at all? Either way, friggin' awesome. Now let's all go out and start doing this. :p

Legan

Smash Lord
Snake vs Link is one of those weird matches that are somehow pretty even. It's a similar matchup to marth & Link in melee. The thing that really impressed me was proving that norfair is an amazing cp stage for link. Before this I was a skeptic, but now I think Ill try it out at my next tournament.

sasook

Smash Champion
I still don't see how Norfair is a good Link stage. I mean, yeah, I saw the match but Deva is just that good. Someone explain the advantages of Norfair to me, please.

On a side note, my best stage is Delfino Plaza. Great Link stage in my opinion.

Legan

Smash Lord
Links is a really flexible character and norfair is a very flexible stage. It allows alot of opportunities to get above your opponent and under him. Norfair's ceiling is extremely low as well, as you saw in the meta vid, one dair or any powerful attack that sends your opponent directly upwards is imminent death. Deva being a way above average link player know hows to exploit all the advantages of the stage, including the lava.

Delfino on the other hand blowz. End of discussion sassok <3

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Congrats Deva, way to represent Link. You are officially god tier in my book.

And WTF at my Psychic Powers! LOL. I almost ruined the hilarious hype.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Good fight, you ravished that snake on your second stock, I wish you had put more % on him though instead of only 7%, He prob got more defensive with his gameplan though. Norfair and Link are broken and since that stage actually gives link an advantage it will prob be banned because Link gets no love in the smash community.

D

Deleted member

norfair isn't a link stage

norfair is a Deva stage

i'm completely serious, nobody will EVER get close to playing on norfair like deva. deva is on a completely different level when playing on that stage. i'd say that our matches that we played were pretty even, until i set foot onto norfair. you will not beat deva on norfair.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I had no idea that nair cancelled out Snakes upsmash until now.........this is really useful.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Lol I played kyaria few times.....I wish he hadn't quit.

He just rapped me cause he kept choosing pika.....

I kept choosing fox cause my marth wasn't up to par at the time and well ya...
Pika vs Fox.... thats another broken matchup.

He wouldn't let me play Link....Says he loves Link too much....Got to respect that......

Top Bottom