• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Well, if it helps, everyone has different kind of stressful moments.
As for me, I sometimes feel my performance is not because I am any good, but because MK is broken. I mean, when I do a surprise Shuttle Loop and kill my opponent at 80% (bad DI involved), it is kinda sad, but, y'know, play to win and stuff...
I place high consistently with MetaKnight. Everyone complains.

Then we play MK-banned tournaments and I have next to no experience with other characters and place terribly (I don't think I can win to any above-average player). I even asked for me to get removed from the PR. I felt really bad that season.

Then we are back to MK legal and I place well again, only losing to a guy, a Wario main who picked MK because he's actually affraid of my DDD. We play MK dittos GFs. Really close, but I got 3-0'd.

So if I ban MK again, it may looks it is for my own benefit not to lose a MK GFs again.
If I don't, it still may looks it is for my own benefit, for my MK experience.
So, I'm in a lose-lose position right now....

Also, nobody wants to play Balanced Brawl... another negative for me...

So yeah, that's my rant for tonoght...

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
sup guys

just lettin ya know im gona be playing with the great 4g0d tonight

I'm gona be the first wario to body a top DDD and make it look free

you'll all see

mwhahahahahaha

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Well, if it helps, everyone has different kind of stressful moments.
As for me, I sometimes feel my performance is not because I am any good, but because MK is broken. I mean, when I do a surprise Shuttle Loop and kill my opponent at 80% (bad DI involved), it is kinda sad, but, y'know, play to win and stuff...
I place high consistently with MetaKnight. Everyone complains.

Then we play MK-banned tournaments and I have next to no experience with other characters and place terribly (I don't think I can win to any above-average player). I even asked for me to get removed from the PR. I felt really bad that season.

Then we are back to MK legal and I place well again, only losing to a guy, a Wario main who picked MK because he's actually affraid of my DDD. We play MK dittos GFs. Really close, but I got 3-0'd.

So if I ban MK again, it may looks it is for my own benefit not to lose a MK GFs again.
If I don't, it still may looks it is for my own benefit, for my MK experience.
So, I'm in a lose-lose position right now....

Also, nobody wants to play Balanced Brawl... another negative for me...

So yeah, that's my rant for tonoght...
wow, people like you are the reason I ban MK.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I think I just focus too much on Dedede's flaws and let it get to me too much. I always wonder if I'm good enough to be able get over his weaknesses. I probably blame those more than my own shortcomings as a player. The main issue however, is that I KNOW my players faults and those get me down too. I don't think I have enough faith in myself as a player to overcome those obstacles. And so when I go into tournament, I feel like I'm usually operating at maybe 60 or 70% efficiency. Those days, I'm completely in the game and only focusing on what's in front of the screen..I'm a completely different player. And thus when I lose sets I know I could win, it just discourages me. I probably don't ask myself enough "Okay why did I lose this time? What went through my head". Its more so "I ****ing suck and I just can't do this".

Wow I'm so pessimistic lmao.
You know what you need to do Tech_Chase? You need to play some other fighters, ones you enjoy. At first, I thought that Melee would be all I ever needed, but once I saw my limits as a player, like you, I really wanted to just give up. But then I decided to pick up Brawl. Still, just playing those two almost put me in the same exact situation as before again. John12346 really made me feel like I wasn't gonna get anywhere. Now, I'm rapidly switching back and forth between Melee, Brawl, Marvel, Skullgirls, SF III, SF IV, and Guilty Gear and I'm finding that now, I can put more dedication into improving in the two Smash games, 'cause I'm playing a bunch of games I enjoy, not just one or two I want to be the best in. I play against John#'s every day, and at first, when I only played Brawl and Melee, I just wanted to put the controller down and give up, but now that we're learning fun new fighters together, I'm willing to get destroyed in a certain game cuz the aim's to have fun first and be the best afterwards. Not only that, but insight from these other games can really help your game in Smash. Now I'm more mindful of mixups, shield pressure, combos, and more because I play a bunch of other fighters all the time. Of course, I don't know if you actually play other fighters or not. I'm just assuming. If I'm wrong, pardon my mistake. ;)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
wow, people like you are the reason I ban MK.
People like you is why I don't like to talk about the ban.
And people like me is the reason I'm doubtful about the ban.

Oh, and yes, playing other fighters/competitive games helps for your own development.
After I started playing Blazblue I improved my game A LOT.
And I've been improving even further after I started playing Skullgirls.
So yeah, try it, Tech.

allshort17

Smash Ace
But Skullgirls...

Also, does no one play KoF 13 or Third Strike? Third Strike is especially one of my favorite fighting games (up there with MvC2) even though I haven't played it much.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
You know what you need to do Tech_Chase? You need to play some other fighters, ones you enjoy. At first, I thought that Melee would be all I ever needed, but once I saw my limits as a player, like you, I really wanted to just give up. But then I decided to pick up Brawl. Still, just playing those two almost put me in the same exact situation as before again. John12346 really made me feel like I wasn't gonna get anywhere. Now, I'm rapidly switching back and forth between Melee, Brawl, Marvel, Skullgirls, SF III, SF IV, and Guilty Gear and I'm finding that now, I can put more dedication into improving in the two Smash games, 'cause I'm playing a bunch of games I enjoy, not just one or two I want to be the best in. I play against John#'s every day, and at first, when I only played Brawl and Melee, I just wanted to put the controller down and give up, but now that we're learning fun new fighters together, I'm willing to get destroyed in a certain game cuz the aim's to have fun first and be the best afterwards. Not only that, but insight from these other games can really help your game in Smash. Now I'm more mindful of mixups, shield pressure, combos, and more because I play a bunch of other fighters all the time. Of course, I don't know if you actually play other fighters or not. I'm just assuming. If I'm wrong, pardon my mistake. ;)
You've got a point there actually. I used to play melee back in the day and was decent at it. But tbh was never as successful as I was in brawl so when brawl came out i pretty much dropped melee for this. So far I've made back all of my losses from melee. The only thing though tbh is that I don't really enjoy this game as I used to, I just play it mostly for cash now but ive noticed my interest in video games isnt what it used to be so maybe thats just the entire scope of vg in general. I'd probably even be playing tekken right now if it were much more popular but that isnt the case unfortunately (that game is so much fun ;.; ). I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe brawl isnt your forte like this guy pointed out, you can try other games like melee or mvc3 or w/e fancies you. Personally I don't really enjoy 2d fighters much though, I feel that smash is pretty unique.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
autralia is mad fun though.
sometimes that happens when people suck at the game they just get hype over everything :D

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Being aggro when you are behind a Waddle Doo?
seriously, IDK, nothing DDD does is safe against them...

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Tech Chase dude, just watch JBAndrew videos. he gives me so much confidence in this character he is probably my fav DDD. pretty agrro too. or at least... like... he plays campy very effectively.

i mean, theres all sorts of ddd's to watch but i feel like JB has like... the most solid ddd ever. coney is weird and his DDD is off the charts crazy with reads and techs and ****. 4god is like AMAZING with his grabs. and just being really good and technical on the ground. that dude side dodges turn around buffer grabs. wtf. aT0ms is just like, a really good player but doesn't neccesairly care about ddd that much imo. these are all great players, but they rely a lot on things that aren't really of use if your ddd isn't fundamental enough at EVERYTHING.

i mean, JB just seems like a really good way to get solid. coney is too tricky if you aren't already a really really solid d3 lol. sometimes watching his videos actually hurts more than helps cuz you think you can do that, and you probably can't lol

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Guyz Tech was scared to MM @ don't blink.
Just like Coney.

So by default I pretty much won.

This coupled with he fact that everyone has come to the realization that Dedede is a bad character has made the Zelda boards decide that Zelda does indeed beat Dedede +1.
Were looking to have this updated and fixed on the next match up chart.
TYFYT

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Just like Coney.

This coupled with he fact that everyone has come to the realization that Dedede is a bad character has made the Zelda boards decide that Zelda does indeed beat Dedede +1.
TYFYT

>implying Zelda Boards.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I didn't MM because I was depressed after losing a close set to Legan. You found me righ after being knocked out of tournament. Seriously, people walked by and asked me if something serious was wrong lol. Catch me before tourney and I'll body you.

:bee:

Doc King

Smash Lord
Just like Coney.

TYFYT

If this is not a :troll: post then Zelda can actually be a decent pocket character for Wario and might even get a little bit of rep since Dedede beats the **** outta Wario. Then again he has many ****ty matchups like Olimar. Zelda could become Dedede himself due to Dedede being her only good high tier matchup while having many ****ty matchups.

I wonder what would happen if people said Dedede sucks on the Wario boards? Dedede seems to get mixed opinions by a lot (Mostly ****ty ones implying he sucks). Cool thing though is that it will be the only low tier countering a high tier matchup.

Just a little bit of crazy theorycraft.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I didn't MM because I was depressed after losing a close set to Legan. You found me righ after being knocked out of tournament. Seriously, people walked by and asked me if something serious was wrong lol. Catch me before tourney and I'll body you.

:bee:
Did he go ZSS in that set? Also, there's no shame in losing to legit players. Don't stress it or it will ruin the rest of the day for you.

ZTD | TECHnology

He went ZSS Game 1 and I won. Kinda surprised sinced I have no ZSS experience.

I then proceeded to lose to his MK.

I wasn't mad because I lost to him specifically, he's legit. I was mad because MK knocked me out of tournament yet again. And it never seems to matter how much I play the MU, stupid **** can always happen lol. Guess I just gotta get that much better.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Clearly ZSS is an even MU. :awesome:

Probs post Olimar's MU thread tonight not that the voting is pretty much done lol.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Tech chase I'm curious do you support the mk ban? Your complaints seem like you might and I'm just curious if you do. You don't needed to explain yourself either way cause we probably don't want to start that kind of an argument, but I am curious...

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Tech chase I'm curious do you support the mk ban? Your complaints seem like you might and I'm just curious if you do. You don't needed to explain yourself either way cause we probably don't want to start that kind of an argument, but I am curious...

:phone:
I hate Metaknight and being a D3 main, that probably won't change.

But I am anti ban.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Going to a tiny tournament on saturday.

Main competition will be a DK and Samus/Wolf. :colorful:

Gunna have fun with dis thang.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Your August/September trip cannot come soon enough. :)

Yeahyuz.

He's probably the only 'difficult' person to beat who'll be there (Jaice and Ad3pt aren't going, but Tiahn is).
And even then he still sandbags. I have a lot to learn from this man.
You intending to come down to Melbourne when Tech comes down?

This reminds me that I have a tournament on Saturday as well. Might go Dedede... maybe.

Top Bottom