• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i mean... youre not the one out actually getting the results...

im going to tend to side with the guy that has video evidence on his side.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lol k, Din's Fire is amazing and you shouldn't feel bad about getting ***** by it then because video evidence of someone with ZERO Zelda experience dictates otherwise, yes?

Fabulous logic.

So fabulous, it's given me a headache.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Hey I think it would be better to finish the discussion of those matchups and then do a poll. Don´t know what you think but I would really like to discuss as much matchups as posible before this thing dies again lol.
But this is a social thread. We're allowed to talk about whatever we want. :p The MU discussions are taking place on other threads and Idk where the poll would be taking place. Lolz, this thread probably isn't dying for a while. :smirk:

Doc King

Smash Lord
Din's is actually useful on Dedede though
him and ICs are the only characters Zelda can outcamp with it.

plus Dedede is bad

-1 Zelda
lol

Zelda actually has some nice options against D3. He's so large and fat so Zelda can like up smash his down throwing ***. Zelda doesn't have to worry about camping or chaingrabbing and Zelda can poke in moves well.

King Dedede - Wario in the game = Trash character

D3 is such a weird character. He shuts down really heavy characters, does really solid against heavy characters, does pretty well (alright-good) against middle weights, does horrible against light weights, and does pretty solid (very good to decent) against the really light characters.

Also Zelda is probably the worst character in the game and I actually agree with the Snake and GW -4 (Marth I'm not sure about).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
i mean... youre not the one out actually getting the results...

im going to tend to side with the guy that has video evidence on his side.
Evidence ... of what? That he can beat mediocre DDD players? That's good for him but when it comes to the match-up itself can you really call that evidence?

:059:

When I came to this social seeing Fuujin had just posted, I hoped for a gif, and I was not disappointed. As usual, I do not understand any of its relevance, but w/e lol

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
They are top tier material. :p

King Dedede - Wario in the game = Trash character
Not sure what you mean by this, but neither char is trash, and DDD definitely isn't.

D3 is such a weird character. He shuts down really heavy characters, does really solid against heavy characters, does pretty well (alright-good) against middle weights, does horrible against light weights, and does pretty solid (very good to decent) against the really light characters.
More like he shuts down bad chars and loses to good chars.....and a couple fast ones. Snake is really heavy but we don't shut him down, we **** a good set of mid-weights, and we go even with Kirby and G&W, which does not really qualify as doing "horrible against light weights."

Also Zelda is probably the worst character in the game and I actually agree with the Snake and GW -4 (Marth I'm not sure about).
Zelda and Ganon should be in a tier of their own and Link and Puff should be in F tier.

Zelda is probably slightly better because of King Dedede.

Here's my tier list:

God:
S: :metaknight:

Top:
A: :popo: :olimar: :snake: :diddy:
B: :marth: :falco: :pikachu2: :wario:

High:
C: :lucario: :zerosuitsamus: :fox: :dedede:
D: :toonlink: :gw: :peach:

Middle:
E: :wolf: :rob: :pit: :ike:
F: :sonic: :kirby2: :dk2: :yoshi2:
G: :sheilda: :sheik: :ness2:
Low:
H: :lucas: :mario2: :luigi2: :pt: :samus2: :falcon:
I: :bowser2: :link2: :jigglypuff:
Bottom:
J: :zelda: :ganondorf:
:facepalm:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Comments are funny. They really are.

Well, only thing I can say about the Marth match is to practice this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPVB4-NLlsQ
Everything else doesn't seem like something you can't improve by yourself with pure experience, like learning how to avoid his juggles and so.
I do not have any Olimar experience, but that was pretty ****. William looks legit.

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
I just cant get it done with the skid cancelling. Its easier to do it just running lol. I have to practice it :p.

Actually, William is one of the top 3 players in my country lol.

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Can you try it please? :3

EDIT:

Dude I need you test something. When Marth uses Up B and :dedede: grabs him before he lands and Dthrow him, Marth goes into RCO lag and Dash attack can be hit. What I dont know is if you can hit Fsmash since he would be too far from the sweetspot, so, is there time to use that run-cancel-into-Fsmash thing? I dont know how its called lol I think its Pivot smash. I can´t test it right now :c (dont have my wii)

Edit2: Why nobody uses the inhale release -> utilt thing?

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
DOUBLE POST

Ehhh I was kinda bored, got a wii and started to test some things. I figured out that you can Dthrow -> Dash attack/Fsmash some characters. If they use their Up B and you grab them before they touch the floor and you use Dthrow, at the end of the frames where you can regrab them they will run into de RCO lag. For example, If you are chaingrabing Marth and he uses Up B and you shield it and then grab him BEFORE he touches the floor and Dthrow him, you are able to hit him with whatever you want except Fsmash (because he´s too far). You can either Bair him or Dash attack him or even Down smash him. Someone told me about this, I just posted it because I didn´t see this anywhere in this board and I guess its useful. These are some things I tested:

You can Fsmash:

:wolf: :mario2: :peach:

You can Dash attack/Dsmash:

:wolf: :mario2: :peach: :marth: :lucario: :bowser: :ganondorf: :falcon:

That is what I remember right now, someone should try to test this thing out. This can be very useful at least against Marth, Lucario, Mario and Wolf

It doesn´t work with non-cg-able chars, maybe with air grab release and only chars forced to touch the floor, but even on the SV platform you cant do anything.

Maybe this will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWH-py8VENU

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
been out all day, just crashed into bed.

Will be busy tomorrow but I'll see if I can squeeze some frame advance in.

Doc King

Smash Lord
DOUBLE POST

Ehhh I was kinda bored, got a wii and started to test some things. I figured out that you can Dthrow -> Dash attack/Fsmash some characters. If they use their Up B and you grab them before they touch the floor and you use Dthrow, at the end of the frames where you can regrab them they will run into de RCO lag. For example, If you are chaingrabing Marth and he uses Up B and you shield it and then grab him BEFORE he touches the floor and Dthrow him, you are able to hit him with whatever you want except Fsmash (because he´s too far). You can either Bair him or Dash attack him or even Down smash him. Someone told me about this, I just posted it because I didn´t see this anywhere in this board and I guess its useful. These are some things I tested:

You can Fsmash:

:wolf: :mario2: :peach:

You can Dash attack/Dsmash:

:wolf: :mario2: :peach: :marth: :lucario: :bowser: :ganondorf: :falcon:

That is what I remember right now, someone should try to test this thing out. This can be very useful at least against Marth, Lucario, Mario and Wolf

It doesn´t work with non-cg-able chars, maybe with air grab release and only chars forced to touch the floor, but even on the SV platform you cant do anything.

Maybe this will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWH-py8VENU
I used to do that a lot. It's a good way to pressure opponents (Marth, Mario, Falcon, and Ganon are most common) and to punish mistakes better. I find that people don't use it that much and they should use it more. Dedede can also poke in f tilt making this trap against opponents so they can't get back up so easily.

I also made a thread about it a while ago on AiB (http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=185012) although I don't know if this is all you can do with it and I didn't finish it.

@Aero I would like to see some frame stuff about it. It would be cool.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Technical you going to Dont Blink?

Yes, I am confirmed for it.

Are you going?

EDIT:

Some of that stuff I just read seems interesting about the RCO lag. Impractical in a lot of senses but useful in some matches. I want to see the numbers though. Like how much extra lag are we talking here?

Oh wait, I just had to watch the video. I'm so smart.

EDIT 2: Yeah, I'll be abusing this now.

And no one uses Inhale Release to Up-Tilt aka Happy Ending because if the opponent doesn't mash when they get Swallowed, Dedede will automatically spit them out. Once the opponent knows this, they will never fall for it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
That is so far lol. I would eventually like to visit there and other places though. I am visiting Australia later this year.....can't wait!

Maybe Germany if I'm lucky. Those two places are on the top of my list. But the koalas and kangaroos come first!

Top Bottom