• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Doc King

Smash Lord
Yes, I am confirmed for it.

Are you going?

EDIT:

Some of that stuff I just read seems interesting about the RCO lag. Impractical in a lot of senses but useful in some matches. I want to see the numbers though. Like how much extra lag are we talking here?

Oh wait, I just had to watch the video. I'm so smart.

EDIT 2: Yeah, I'll be abusing this now.

And no one uses Inhale Release to Up-Tilt aka Happy Ending because if the opponent doesn't mash when they get Swallowed, Dedede will automatically spit them out. Once the opponent knows this, they will never fall for it.
lol those rco traps are old now. I've been doing them for a while and they have been mentioned before. Plus they don't occur often. Please don't act like this is new stuff. It's old now.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Doc King, don't make me a **** to you.

If you want a pat on the back for bringing this stuff up then I guess I'll humor you. But don't take that tone with me. I am completely aware that its old news. Its simply something I never paid close attention to. As a result I find it intriguing. So don't act high and mighty with me. I still know and have discovered FAR more practical things than you ever have. If someone else just realized that someone older was useful, I'd just give them more info, not act all snarky and uppity.

I cannot stand that ****.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Sorry about the negative tone. I was just mad for a little bit.

Anyway, something came to my mind. The adaptions to Waddle Dee Throw. I think it can be used in a lot of good ways like using them to block and pick up items, for stale move negating, for camping against a few characters, etc. But there was one really cool one I wanted to share.

Being able to use Waddle Dee Throw as an off stage attack. Where you throw one and then attack it so it sends them so they can hit the opponent. I dk if this works or not, but it might be a good strategy.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Kite, sorry, but I lent my tv to someone and won't have it back until at least Tuesday. So I'll get on that RCO stuff when I get it back.

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Don´t worry, Fsmash is too slow to work actually... Dash attack is enough :).

Someone answer me this: around which % Dash attack (center and near the ledge of smashville) and Dsmash (same) kills marth?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Sorry about the negative tone. I was just mad for a little bit.

Anyway, something came to my mind. The adaptions to Waddle Dee Throw. I think it can be used in a lot of good ways like using them to block and pick up items, for stale move negating, for camping against a few characters, etc. But there was one really cool one I wanted to share.

Being able to use Waddle Dee Throw as an off stage attack. Where you throw one and then attack it so it sends them so they can hit the opponent. I dk if this works or not, but it might be a good strategy.
Lolzwut? Mad about what? The fact that we were speculating on the good, practical uses of an opponent's RCO lag? :-| Anyway, I don't think Waddle Dees are very good offstage. They are incredibly laggy, so you'll lose height each time you throw one. Also, there's NO WAY you'll be able to attack a Waddle you just threw unless it bounces back at you from hitting the stage or something.

Someone answer me this: around which % Dash attack (center and near the ledge of smashville) and Dsmash (same) kills marth?
I know dash attack kills fairly early. Maybe around 80% (probably earlier) at the ledge...possibly 100% from the center. Dsmash takes a little longer to kill. I'm thinking it will do the job around 110-120% on SV. As for other stages, dsmash is a vertically killing move so its KO power is almost fully dependent on the height of the upper blast zone (as well as how long D3 has to charge the dsmash during his opponent's RCO lag).

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm taking a break from this game for a while. Probably won't see me on here until August if I decide to play again. Just letting you guys now.

ZTD | TECHnology

Eh, I'll still be around. I say that I'm going stop playing but I already know that's next ti impossible. I'm resourceful and I can make it work. :)

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
HUGE maybe, but I think I may go to NYC for a vacation this month or next month. Although the purpose of the vacation wouldn't be for smash, itd be cool to play some of the better ppl that live there in some spare time. Anyone have any idea how id contact san or that one sonic player that always posts in here?

ZTD | TECHnology

K.I.D. Goggles checks this thread regularly. He'll either see this and message you or you can shoot him a PM. He's pretty active on the site.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
that sounds like a good idea.

two mediocre players going 2-2 in doubles at a national.

good stuff.

already sounds like the beginning to an awful joke.

So a stuck up A-hole and a gay dude walk into a smash tournament...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ Cadet giving you a "taste of germany". I hope don't actually think so XD

:059:

ZTD | TECHnology

Lmao I wanted to team with someone different. I don't care about his rep on the boards, simply just want to have some fun. You guys seem to care wayyyyyy more than I do.

ZTD | TECHnology

So I performed pretty lackluster this weekend. So yes, its time to take a good long break.

I just can't seem to overcome DDD's limits as a player. I have all these close sets with good players but its always an MK or something and my best just isn't good enough. And I'm just insanely negative right now. I have no faith in myself or my character so its time to pack it up. I'm not even having fun anymore.

The worst part is that I'm not even playing perfectly. I have some serious holes I need to fix. But I don't even play enough to work on these. And school is just gonna make it harder. Maybe after August ill try it again. But I just can't play this game any longer.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Care less and lower your standards then you'll either have more fun, perform better or both.

:059:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sometimes you just cant have fun, if youre not playing at the level you believe you can.

its the reason I dont play street fighter x tekken or KoF at all, because when I play a game, I cant be terrible at it. I have to be at least a challenge. because of that, I choose to never even touch those 2, because it takes enough of my time to be decent at marvel, soul calibur, and skullgirls.

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm just at this block now.

Throughout my development as a player, there have been 4 major flaws that inhibit my gameplay.

1. Fishing for grabs immediately in close range instead of waiting. Although to be honest, this one I've made a lot of progress in. Just waiting in general has allowed me so many more kills and grabs. This is probably the one habit I've improved on the best.

2. Fishing for the kill. I feel like its because I know that subconsciously D3's kill options are very limited. And I just get anxiety when it comes down to it. I wish Back air wasn't like...the answer to everything. Its always stale around killing percent. I've started just throwing Waddles on the field and poking them when the opponent is off stage so I can refresh my moves. It helps to a degree...but still.

3. Using momentum more. I don't feel comfortable going aggro with him. It just doesn't feel like I'm playing my character to my strengths doing so. I'm getting better at breaking myself out of just playing 9B style but its difficult.

4. Lastly, when I lose ground with D3 I just feel to fall apart and lose my cool. This one..not sure how to deal with this one since D3 is terrible when his back is against the wall and he's being pressured in the air.

Basically it boils down to habits based off anxiety from the limits and weaknesses of my character and not knowing how to consistently deal with them. In the rare cases I play without these habits, I play REALLY well. And its a great feeling. But I can't seem to play like that consistently at all. So instead of playing like the really good player I know I can be, I play average and sometimes good most of the time. And it frustrates me I still can't get over these....

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I'm just at this block now.

Throughout my development as a player, there have been 4 major flaws that inhibit my gameplay.

1. Fishing for grabs immediately in close range instead of waiting. Although to be honest, this one I've made a lot of progress in. Just waiting in general has allowed me so many more kills and grabs. This is probably the one habit I've improved on the best.

2. Fishing for the kill. I feel like its because I know that subconsciously D3's kill options are very limited. And I just get anxiety when it comes down to it. I wish Back air wasn't like...the answer to everything. Its always stale around killing percent. I've started just throwing Waddles on the field and poking them when the opponent is off stage so I can refresh my moves. It helps to a degree...but still.

3. Using momentum more. I don't feel comfortable going aggro with him. It just doesn't feel like I'm playing my character to my strengths doing so. I'm getting better at breaking myself out of just playing 9B style but its difficult.

4. Lastly, when I lose ground with D3 I just feel to fall apart and lose my cool. This one..not sure how to deal with this one since D3 is terrible when his back is against the wall and he's being pressured in the air.

Basically it boils down to habits based off anxiety from the limits and weaknesses of my character and not knowing how to consistently deal with them. In the rare cases I play without these habits, I play REALLY well. And its a great feeling. But I can't seem to play like that consistently at all. So instead of playing like the really good player I know I can be, I play average and sometimes good most of the time. And it frustrates me I still can't get over these....
I'm not sure if I can count the amount of times your posts have read something along the lines of, guys, I just came back from a tourney and placed bad. I gotz a mental block yo, iono wtf is going on

>_>" Its not that hard bro. Practice and get better or perhaps its time to pick up a new character. Clearly something isn't working out for you if your not satisfied with fatso and just ranting every time about this doesn't help you either. Those are my thoughts atleast.

I mean at this point in time you've used your character long enough to be familiar with it. If it's a MU inexperience i get it but at this point you should be confident with ddd and almost fully understand the flow of your character by now.

ZTD | TECHnology

Yeah, I don't WANT to play a new character but it may be time. Somthing just isn't clicking right now. Or maybe ill try it again later. Who knows? I'm getting tired exhausted with this routine lol. Like...I KNOW the character but something isn't quite translating when it comes down to tournament. Or maybe its the fact I don't have the time to practice as much as most people. Eh.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I don't know maybe your approaching it wrong. I mean for me personally I haven't practiced this game in like half a year but I still keep up with ryo and the others around my scene if I happen to encounter them.

Maybe instead of looking for faults for your character, you should try focusing on the opponents bad habits and patterns and punish those hard. Like I said, by now you should be fully aware of ddd's strong points as well as his weak points. Use that to your advantage as you play your opponent and just always mix up your play style so it doesn't become predictable. I'm pretty sure at this point although I've never met you, you fully understand your character for the most part so your struggling with the mental part of the game, which is definitely crucial for a tourney scene.

Oh and if it is a mental thing, although picking a new character up can help, you'll fall into other mental blocks and such since the mental part of the game is pretty universal for all characters.

ZTD | TECHnology

I think I just focus too much on Dedede's flaws and let it get to me too much. I always wonder if I'm good enough to be able get over his weaknesses. I probably blame those more than my own shortcomings as a player. The main issue however, is that I KNOW my players faults and those get me down too. I don't think I have enough faith in myself as a player to overcome those obstacles. And so when I go into tournament, I feel like I'm usually operating at maybe 60 or 70% efficiency. Those days, I'm completely in the game and only focusing on what's in front of the screen..I'm a completely different player. And thus when I lose sets I know I could win, it just discourages me. I probably don't ask myself enough "Okay why did I lose this time? What went through my head". Its more so "I ****ing suck and I just can't do this".

Wow I'm so pessimistic lmao.

Top Bottom