• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

allshort17

Smash Ace
I've been having fun getting back in touch with the penguin. Practicing ALL the technical stuff again from basics up to the advanced stuff. Gotta make sure my execution is spot on. I did solid at a regional this weekend (17th out of 80 - tied with Fizzle Boy for highest placing penguin) but it's not good enough. I will be hosting a regional myself in June and I wanna make sure I'm in top shape for it. We'll see what happens. But I'll be at least lurking here more lol.
Great to see you having fun again. When is the regional exactly? Also, if you hold a major tournament in the winter I may be able to come.

I have been playing around with waddle dees and I found some pretty good ways to keep them onstage

*Jab 1 a waddle's back to turn it around. You can chase after one after you throw it and jab it if you reach it.

*Ftilt a waddle's back to turn it around. There is more knockback on this than on jab on, however it is easier to do after a throw than jab.

*Soft waddle dee toss, then hard waddle dee toss WITH NO DIRECTIONAL INFLUENCE to make the second waddle dee hit the first waddle dee. The flying waddle dee will fly and when it lands will probably be at the end of the stage, but turned around. You need a lot of room for this. On small stages like SV it doesn't work.

*Soft waddle dee toss, the hard waddle dee toss WITH AN UPWARD DIRECTIONAL INFLUENCE to make the second waddle dee hit the first waddle dee. The flying waddle dee will land exact where you where when you threw it. Pretty much, if you stand in the same place while doing this it will land on your head. Now you have a friend in front of you to walk with you and cover you. Just don't be at the very in off the stage or it will fly off.

*On Yoshi's Island, waddle dee toss downward while jumping away from the edge to make the waddle dee hit the incline and land very close to the edge.

Anyone else got any good waddle dee things?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I always propcure to throw Waddles straight to the ledge against a recoverying opponent.
It may stop some characters on hitlag and gives you some more time to approach and do something to their recovery.
Also, a Gordo may kill someone by surprise bounce lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
June 16th is the event. Im hosting big events bi monthly so they'll be plenty more!

Also my favorite thing ever:

If you throw Waddles on the floor of Lylat when its tilting they kinda slide. If its a Gordo it can slide most of the stage along the ground. Freaks people out lmao.

allshort17

Smash Ace
I wonder if there's a way to alter the distance that Dedede chucks waddles...
You can. That's why in my descriptions I was saying stuff like soft waddle dee toss and hard waddle dee toss. The toss is bigger is you smash the stick compared to just tilting the stick. I also believe change the trajectory after you throw it can also change the distance.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I have this horrible thing where I angle a Waddle Dee to get it to hit, only for it to be a Gordo and go flying over my opponent.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I'm sad. Gordo used to be my faithful companion in battle, coming to aid me in my time of need. Now he just pops up every now and then, flying over my opponent, all the time mocking me.

ZTD | TECHnology

lol thats hot.

My friend and I reversed mained each other for a friendly the other day. I was Snake.

He got 9 gordos in 3 minutes. I was SO mad. Fortunately none of them hit me lol.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i get killed by luigi up-b at around 100 percent though....

soo. gaaaay. luigi does not need an up-b with that fsmash.. im pretty sure luigi is my new hated character.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
100....?

I survived one at 145% once lmao. My opponent was stunned.
i dont get it. i DI'd with bair and everything. do you DI differently? i was shocked. i always got that "oh im gonna live from this" but then you die, feeling every time, but every time it killed me :(

i was so mad and astonished

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Ended up winning a tourney a brawl tourney at my university :)

Still got it after not playing for months rofl.

Tried to win melee too but i lost b4 i could get to hbox lol. The transition from brawl to melee instantly is tough lol, not sure how m2k manages that. I kept ****ing backrolling in melee and it really ****ed me up, I'd do it unconciously and side dodged once and killed myself thinking itd be the sidedodge from brawl <_<"

Its like playing two different characters. You move in and out of the play-styles easily if you do it enough. But, something occasionally pops up like trying to dash attack with c-stick in brawl when in melee you cannot.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I don't always get a gordo.
But when I do Falco was using Down-B randomly.

Nah but I always get them whenever it would induce the most rage in my opponent.
I've gordo'd someone on PS2's wind transformation near the top. Instant ragequit.

Kinda sad its getting banned.

Yet PS1 and YI:B? Perfectly fine for competitive play.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Banning more stages is really sad...
I mean, I am a Dedede and love flat stages, but as a player, observer and TO I like variety the most...
Good thing I always use my own ruleset.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i always cp to bf even though its not even really good for d3 AT ALLLL
oh well, i secondary Tink these days so its all good.

ZTD | TECHnology

I got 2nd in doubles and 3rd out of 24 in singles. Lost to Roller twice. I did well and I'm definitely getting better but ICs are hard. One day I will beat him.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
kyokoro_pamuyo;14334111= said:
Banning more stages is really sad...
I mean, I am a Dedede and love flat stages, but as a player, observer and TO I like variety the most...
Good thing I always use my own ruleset
LOL

/thankgodlargeTOsinUS/EU/JPdontbaserulesetsoffthat

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Kyokoro, I think I just realized where your avatar may have come from. :facepalm Skullgirls? :p

Also, THIS JUST IN!!! I attended Impact 2 yesterday. Will, Dabuz, Atomsk, Ally, Vinnie, CoonTail, and John12346 were there as well. Atomsk lost to a Yoshi named Raptor. Granted, Atomsk went Snake for two games, but it was still a huge upset. :O

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
LOL

/thankgodlargeTOsinUS/EU/JPdontbaserulesetsoffthat
Agreed.
/thankgodneitherIdoandonlylookiftheressomethingwrongwithstagesinstead
Kyokoro, I think I just realized where your avatar may have come from. :facepalm Skullgirls? :p
Indeed it is. Amazing game. I can't wait to own it...
Uh how was Ally at two tournaments at the same time:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14335711#post14335711
Ban Pit

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol yeah allied has such a troll name

also, i know raptor. that is a huge upset whoaaa.

Top Bottom