• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Considering caring about the next tournament that happens.
Considering going Dedede.
We'll see.

:)

allshort17

Smash Ace
We've been have a lot of guests come on the boards lately. Any guest who can see this and doesn't have an account, make one and talk to us. We'll be glad to welcome you and help you.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Local PR:
9th: Aero (Zelda), Wolf, Dedede, some Sheik, a sprinkle of Snake, and a Peach that has never won me a match.

lol.

Australia is bad tho.

If you all stuck with one character you would have gotten higher :p I was making up junk. I am not sure if sticking with one main helps or not. It seems like by sticking to one character, it is extremely easy to fall into using the same strategy over and over again. But by having other characters to play with, you sort of lack the in-depth reactions you build up by playing the same character over and over again for match-ups.

allshort17

Smash Ace
What about playing two characters? You can still put a good amount of focus into both while still learning two different sets of skills and still having the ability to CP when needed.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Seeing the current discussion, I almost don't want to tell you guys I'm playing :dedede: a bit now. He's fun!

Sup

guys

Labernash

Smash Lord
GUMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!

He's an aligator!! He has no teeth; he's harmless! <3

Hence, Gummy. =D

Xubble

Smash Ace
Don't attempt a grab unless you know you'll get it, utilize all of your tilts and aerials (mostly bair), learn to powershield everything, and if you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

Hey, I was checking out the Top 5 Brawl thread, and 5th best D3 is some guy named "Addy." Can anybody fill me in on who this is?

Labernash

Smash Lord
Don't attempt a grab unless you know you'll get it, utilize all of your tilts and aerials (mostly bair), learn to powershield everything, and if you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

Hey, I was checking out the Top 5 Brawl thread, and 5th best D3 is some guy named "Addy." Can anybody fill me in on who this is?
Sweet, thanks! I'll work on these. I do a lot of empty grabbing right now, so I'll need to watch out for that then. Probobly because I'm not too good at the chain grab yet, so I wanna keep trying it.

And I'm actually having tons of fun with :dedede:! I quite like him! It's just hard for me to go from Wario's airspeed to D3's airspeed, so I end up in a lot of awkward situations off stage. :(

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Don't rely on your shield against Wario.
Just do your best ant outspace him, wait for him to commit a mistake and deal a lot of damage (with either CG or aerials).
At least that's how I started playing against Wario, and worked amazingly well...

allshort17

Smash Ace

Addy is a Mexican Dedede who apparently is a high level player there and consistently does well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANpSrQAAY3k&feature=related

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
yeah I've been lurking here on the ddd boards for months now absorbing your guys knowledge and I just wanted to thank 4god in particular for his comment about ddd being a big bully. For some reason that just was exactly what I needed to hear to improve my game.

I'm a ddd main from minnesota who is starting to perform at locals and beginning to branch out to more regionals. I'll probably be posting more frequently on these boards now.

:phone:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'll get the chance to play you over the summer BWL. DDD dittos oyie.
But DDD dittos are dumb... Yeah I was hoping to to the Madison tournament on April 14th but I've got a stupid Fundamentals of Engineering exam I have to take to graduate College that day.

Xubble

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90PIqeatjLU
FINALLY, A VIDEO OF MY DEDEDE

This is a friendlies match between me and my buddy. Apparently, he found every replay of me on the Wii he could find and studied my playstyle so he could beat me. A lot of my play was doing things I normally don't do. Didn't really pay off in the end. Lucky dair. ._.

Anyway, critique!

allshort17

Smash Ace

This is a friendlies match between me and my buddy. Apparently, he found every replay of me on the Wii he could find and studied my playstyle so he could beat me. A lot of my play was doing things I normally don't do. Didn't really pay off in the end. Lucky dair. ._.

Anyway, critique!
I'm going to put my critique in the official thread if you want to see it.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman

Anyway, critique!
You would always approach with running shield which is a great approach method for DDD but you were getting very perdictable. Try to mix up your approaches more. Just walk forward and space out with f-tilt, d-tilt, especially b-air. Your b-air is your best friend in almost every match-up. I don't think I saw you use b-air while on the stage once.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Like I said before, this was friendlies and I was trying to do things differently to throw him off. Ask anybody I've played offline, and they'll tell you that I bair like a mad man.

I also read your critique, allshort. I appreciate the wisdom. Allowing my opponent to space everything for me is something I haven't noticed, and I'll be sure to work on it.

Local champ, regional scrub. I'll be Level 36 Blastoise soon, you'll all see!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Falco matchup is either very stupid for DDD, or this local guy just improved a lot....

Top Bottom