• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I still need a lot of DDD experience.... it would be easier if people actually gather to play around here :c

On a side note, have you ever timed out someone with DDD? It's way too much fun.

Coney

Smash Master
I actually have only timed out two people in my life, and both of them were asking for it:

K9, a really good friend of mine, a Pikachu/Snake player, camped the hell out of me. I was actively chasing him for five of the eight minutes until I realized we were on PS1 and I was in the lead, so I just started taking things slower.

GIMR, I love him too but ICs/DDD lmfaomfoamfoamfo, PS1 again

I feel like I could time out more prob but, I'm usually the one approaching whether I'm winning or not

That, and camping with DDD just feels suboptimal to me. You can't camp our bad matchups (except Falco and ICs), and you'll usually be the one BEING timed out if it's bad/even for them.

Coney

Smash Master
That blows my mind. Feels like MK can just continually tornado you unless your shield is full, and Snake camps so much harder with such less risk.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm not sure how I made playing super defensive work against characters better but I did lol. I stopped that though, I haven't timed out anyone in a while. I decided to play a bit more like you. I was limiting myself <_<

Coney

Smash Master
I mean, whatever works for you. I've tried playing patient and I personally can't do it at all, even when I know I should. It just feels...I don't know, like I'm not playing anymore. I'm like that in pretty much every game for some reason, very easy to bait.

ZTD | TECHnology

I mean...I'm good at playing gay and patient but I still have to play to my character's strengths more. When I take that strength and run it to the max, it limits me in other areas. Works GREAT in some matchups and kills me in others lol. I just don't completely understand your logic when you play but your knowledge and expertise works shines through.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Powershield lasers and icicles all day. And arrows. And all sorts of stuff. I just can't powershield timed nades. >_>

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Yay Xubble for the win! And I used to play MAD patient. Now I do a lot of approaching by walking (unless opponent is oli in which case I run) which usually pressures opponents into doing something predictable. Our ground zone of influence is huge. D3 = the biggest bully

Xubble

Smash Ace
He's a big mofo penguin with a giant mofo hammer.

Ike? Puh-lease. That sword has nothin on D3's ftilt. Hell, NOTHING does. :dedede:

Also, thanks 4GOD! :D

allshort17

Smash Ace
I think I'm going to play Pit instead of fighting the Dedede ditto because after getting double 3 stocked by 4God, I realized I hated it. Do anyone else hate the Dedede ditto?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I have come to the conclusion that D3 is bad and Zelda does in fact go 0/-1 with him.

lol.

I love fighting against Zelda with Dedede. It's so simple. I can just shieldgrab everything!

Dedede dittos are only bad if your opponent does the infinite. Other than that, it's not really worse than any other ditto.

Coney

Smash Master
Yeah, I hate them too. Smart DDD dittos feel like RPS on the ground and a game of chicken in the air...first person to throw out an attack usually gets punished for it, but if they do it smart they'll get the hit.

Me against 4GOD was like, quintessential DDD dittos. He's much, much better on the ground than I am, and I'm much better in the air, it was SO nerve-wracking.

:phone:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Have you played Dedede vs. Zelda from the Dedede's end, Oreo?

:phone:
Yeah I have, against Kaion. The match up is really simple.

When Zelda approaches, grab her and back/forward throw her. If she approaches from the air, up tilt/back air that woman.

I would say the mu is +3 for dedede tbh. It's hard to lose.

I like DDD because I only need three moves. Bthrow, Ftilt, Bair. Worthless announcement, but I want to pick-up this penguin dude.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i like ddd cuz i like big characters and i like penguins and i like the fact that you can just literally stand there and put SO much pressure on your opponent.

ddd is such a character for stoners imo he is perfect, i dont really know how to eleborate on this but he really is loool

Its a fun game, but it can get rather boring at times. 2-3 hour sessions is about good. After that, we all need a break. Unless melee or smash64 is involved. Then you do whatever you want.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Tonight i was kind of bored but at this point, I am unsure how I feel as a competitive player in smash. Looking through these forums, I want to give my cgs to zekey and 4god with their names on the current ddd top 5 spots and still sticking with this game. Props to you guys, u've earned it :)

But yeah, I dunno, i just feel like venting right now I guess. Currently I don't really play this game too often, in fact the last time I played this game competitively was back in like november at a tourney i won. Lately I've just been busy concentrating with school and such. My grades are MUCH better than last semester so thats definately a plus. Recently I've just been swamped with exams and as time goes on been getting less connected with smash in general. I guess what this brings me too is that now that exams are over, (or for now recently) I am unsure if I want to dedicate time into this game or not anymore. I know this sounds silly, but back when I played melee as a kid, I always envied my cousin making a living off of smash. Hell chu was amazing back in like 06'. MLG was amazing. The whole environment seemed amazing. Looking back, I probably should've put more time commitment to athletics or something rather than play video games as a kid because it really hasn't done too much for me. I mean don't get me wrong, its been a fun run, but as I look at this scene with mlg gone, I am unsure of where this is headed to and what it can really do for me. I'm definately still good at this game, I played ryo recently and was playing pretty solidly for not playing since Nov. At this point, I've pretty much retired, but I guess what I'm asking you guys is should I come back? If yes for what reason exactly? This is a bit much to read I realize but meh, these have been my thoughts for the past 2 months or so. Like I've been getting in touch with hungrybox lately and have been playing a lot more melee recently as well. My point being I guess is that if I wanted to I could probally get back into this game and if all goes well prolly travel with him or something I guess since I personally have never travelled to a national and always wanted to (MLG orlando was like 2 hours away from home so technically that doesn't count, although it was awesome meeting new faces <_<) and the fact that hes more aquainted wiith ppl OOS and whatnot.

I mean ive personally wanted to meet all of you guys, but it just never happened for one reason or another. So i guess thats pretty much it, please don't TL;DR me lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Hey guys, I hosted a mini regional today.

2nd out of 18 teams with Sparta Kick losing only to MJG/Kain.

9th out of 58 entrants losing to Lain and Azure Kenny. I beat Sparta Kick finally though. Pretty much all D3 in bracket. I had an incredibly close set with Kenny's MK going all D3. I played well today and surprised some people. I am determined to take D3 as far as I can.

Will start posting more now that this tournament has passed!

:dedede:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Good **** TC!

@DewDaDash: Just play when you have time. Life moves too fast sometimes, but after school, it'll (mostly) settle down. :)

ZTD | TECHnology

Thanks!

And its funny. I haven't really been practicing D3. I decided to take a break from him and the game in general to refresh my mindset and it worked. I was making some sick reads, I usually struggle to do. Everything clicked. I just decided not to stress over this game and go with my gut. I should be good enough to overcome my bad MUs anyway.

Mind over matter.

Top Bottom