• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Like I said before, this was friendlies and I was trying to do things differently to throw him off. Ask anybody I've played offline, and they'll tell you that I bair like a mad man.
This is lovely and nice and all, but how are people supposed to critique your Dedede if you don't play how you usually play?

Just food for thought. ~

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i dont really see how people say they "always" have a "way" that they play. i always do what works for the match that is happening at the moment and the matchup that im playing also.

if your opponent catches onto what youre doing then you have to stop doing it in order to not get punished so i dont see how people can say they have a "thing" that they do all the time or something like that.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Like I said before, this was friendlies and I was trying to do things differently to throw him off. Ask anybody I've played offline, and they'll tell you that I bair like a mad man.

I also read your critique, allshort. I appreciate the wisdom. Allowing my opponent to space everything for me is something I haven't noticed, and I'll be sure to work on it.

Local champ, regional scrub. I'll be Level 36 Blastoise soon, you'll all see!
Well, here is my brief analysis.

You run too much and don't know the spacing for your F tilt and Lucario's roll.

If Lucario or anyone medium/tall rolls behind you, you can Bair Oos and hit them.

You gotta use DDD's other tools to level up too. I didn't see you use D smash, Dair, or U tilt once.

Know you're follow ups to Chain grabs. I think Air releasing Lucario is the best option. And then follow up by waiting. Cause they usually just Jump Fair to get back. Which can be shielded and then you can just Re-grab or something.

You don't react to things at an optimal rate. There were many missed punishes that I saw. I can't point them out right now because I gotta go.

But you did have some good spacing when the Lucario was off stage.

Either way. Something like level 16.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I was going to reply to that, but I honestly can't.
yeah i feel like my assesment isnt completely right.

everyone does have their own unique style though. i guess that could be part of what makes me feel like what i said is kinda wrong.
i just cant put it into words either though lol. ive been thinking about it today wanting to correct myself and i cant even reply to myself haha

edit: i think i was just being too specific in my last post.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think a comparison would be if I picked G&W and up smashed and down smashes all day because I wasn't trying as opposed to playing G&W properly.

*shrug*

I think there's a general pattern on how Dedede is supposed to be played, but people all have unique playstyles (4GOD and Coney play rather differently from what I've seen).

Is Technical_Chase still here? :(

allshort17

Smash Ace
I'm lost on how to fight the Sonic Mu. Any good Sonic vs Dedede matches I can watch?

Edit: Also, how do you abuse the horizontal knockback on bair? Does that happen with bad DI, or can I cause that from hitting with a certain part of the Bair?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i think the SOnic Mu is kinda easy-ish

the less you move the more you win imo looool

White91

Smash Apprentice
Yo, does anyone know who that addy fella is in the number 5 spot? i have never heard tell of him and he is in the way of me being in the top 5 hall of fame there.

allshort17

Smash Ace

White91

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.. has he beaten anyone known. lol im not the kinda guy to toot my on horn but ive beaten jnigs, patches, and apostl in money matches, and nysyarc and croi in tournment. though i cant beat will if my life depended on it so i suppose that takes me out of the runnings lol damn mexico

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Hello dere, DDD pplz.

I'mma just put this here, saying that some contribution to the discussion of Ness vs. D3 from our fellow smashers who play this penguin would be nice.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320444

We know D3 destroys Ness in a lot of ways, but anything that we might not know or might need to also take note of when approaching the MU would be greatly appreciated.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Edit: Also, how do you abuse the horizontal knockback on bair? Does that happen with bad DI, or can I cause that from hitting with a certain part of the Bair?
bair has a special knockback angle of 361, this means that at low %, it deals almost horizontal knockback (think 0 degrees), but at higher % it can go up to 45 degrees.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I've veen using all D3 for like te past few tournaments and doing decently. Feeling motivated to do well with him. I need a project on here to do. Not sure if I have time for the community guide though. I NEED to start posting here again. Someone gimme suggestions!

I miss you folk. I don't wanna lose touch of my roots.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Not giving the slightest of ****s if you don't have time.

Community guide. By midnight. Or you're fired.

Get crackin'. :glare:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
waymas lost to p_wii in GFs at a mexican tournament when p_wii wasnt even capable of PRed and was like getting 17th in NJ locals.:glare:
Yet, Waymas just won a tournament featuring people from all over Central America this weekend (Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica, etc etc etc).

Do other countries use Smashboards greatly or do they have their own stuff? I imagine they do since I hardly ever here about anything other than US stuff. I never really thought much about it before.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Do other countries use Smashboards greatly or do they have their own stuff? I imagine they do since I hardly ever here about anything other than US stuff. I never really thought much about it before.
This whole Central America-Mexico thing (CAMEX) was completly published, announced, advertised and discussed via facebook (and it had a thread here on swf few people cared about).
As silly as it sounds, it worked pretty well.

iirc Costa Rica has a forum, but it's mostly for anouncements.
Mexico used to have one, but it was a bad idea due to constant Melee vs Brawl battles. At a certain point nobody posted on it and when the host pay deadline came, they just let it go.
There was also a Latin America forum, but it just died by itself lol. Seriously, I have no idea why people just forgot about it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
let me announce you, I'll probably make a tournament by december, and if I do, it's gonna be great.
Don't make plans for then! ;)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm from San Luis Potosi.
Close to everyone, too far away for anyone.

And Mexican community doesn't consider BC/BCS people as part of them lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I've been having fun getting back in touch with the penguin. Practicing ALL the technical stuff again from basics up to the advanced stuff. Gotta make sure my execution is spot on. I did solid at a regional this weekend (17th out of 80 - tied with Fizzle Boy for highest placing penguin) but it's not good enough. I will be hosting a regional myself in June and I wanna make sure I'm in top shape for it. We'll see what happens. But I'll be at least lurking here more lol.

Top Bottom