• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
drawing

5mins total

coloring

2 hours

and it looks like complete **** (ono)

thx for the compliment tho...DDD is relatively hard to draw...all of the dream land characters are extremely geometric, so if one side doesnt match the other your doing it horribly wrong

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Let's see here. For one, I hate people who smoke. I have an inner grudge to the following people [yes only the guys that are ranked].
[T]yrant, [M]ikeHaze, [D]SF, [H]avok, [D]ao
. I always talk to people with compassion and/or get some laughs out of, and I act just as nice with those four. But I still hold the inner prejudice.

And also I'm sick of the fact that they go to every tournament here. It's really stupid to see them every time, but I still play my best against them of course.

So the summary:
[T]yrant, [M]ikeHaze, [D]SF, [H]avok, [D]ao
<---[I **** this kid] are drug addicts who go to tournaments every time I see them to win money from tournaments. Who knows what they use the money on, take a guess?
So I would've loved to go to TourneyPlay#4 to play anybody else besides SoCal ranked flakes.
[In case if you all were wondering, I have no interest in getting ranked, as I have denied the panelists. My philosophy of competitive brawl is so much better.]

Did I answer your question(s) Serin?

i lol'd really hard.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
it was made in February of this year loool

you way on that late status mike

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
n**** you just wrecked me in DDD dittos on AiB ladder, I'm awful at that Match-up.

Oh i thought you picked d3 against me cause you were trying to be a jerk cause i thought you were a marth main(you marth owned me the first time we played).So when i saw your d3 come up against mine i was like "wow this guy is a jerk"but yeah my bad my bad lol i hate d3 dittos to.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Good stuff. I got 9/40ish this weekend in KS, all D3.

How do you deal with a Wario who comes into the match looking to time you out? Try to time him out back? That happened to me this weekend when I played Bassem, and I played his game for like 2 and a half minutes, then he got the fart off and I got impatient. Lol, didn't know how to play it very well. I wish I had a Wario to pracitce that MU more with.

Coney

Smash Master
Good stuff. I got 9/40ish this weekend in KS, all D3.

How do you deal with a Wario who comes into the match looking to time you out? Try to time him out back? That happened to me this weekend when I played Bassem, and I played his game for like 2 and a half minutes, then he got the fart off and I got impatient. Lol, didn't know how to play it very well. I wish I had a Wario to pracitce that MU more with.
i used to think this MU was cake tbh, but now i'm pretty convinced it's 6:4 at worst

basically get a lead up on him and just bair wall. it's very difficult for him to get in...i know it's scary, since wario is such a strong punisher, and he's charging a fart all this time, but he really doesn't have a way in on bairs. and if he messes up, we get a grab! yay!

but yeah it's a different kinda situation, i had my first encounter with it at siis3 myself...i don't like the feeling. @_@

Tmacc

Smash Lord
i used to think this MU was cake tbh, but now i'm pretty convinced it's 6:4 at worst

basically get a lead up on him and just bair wall. it's very difficult for him to get in...i know it's scary, since wario is such a strong punisher, and he's charging a fart all this time, but he really doesn't have a way in on bairs. and if he messes up, we get a grab! yay!

but yeah it's a different kinda situation, i had my first encounter with it at siis3 myself...i don't like the feeling. @_@
Well, I tried to use the advice that you had given me before and wall bairs. And I was doing it well for those first two and a half minutes or so, and we were about even on percentage. Then he got his fart off on, went up a stock, and from there went in to complete run away mode. That was when I got too impatient and he punished me for it. If he goes up and stock and is set on trying for a time out, should I stay patient and keep walling bairs, hoping that he messes up?

Also, someone told me fair is really good in this MU because of the wider area it covers as opposed to bair. Do you use it much?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
you just gotta be patient back with the wario and wait for moments to bair/get grabs

should I stay patient and keep walling bairs, hoping that he messes up?
yes yes n yes, NEVER EVER LOSE your patients on DDD. The minute you get impatient is the minute you start losing. If you fall a stock, collect yourself and take your time getting your lead again.

if hes gonna be gay and try to pull a time out, why the f not time him out yourself?

Coney

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJlL3Zrwzo0

why does this happen to me :/

i start off really strong and then just...lose it

i realize i utilt way too early when he nados; if i hold it off, it forces him to make a choice to either come at me and risk getting utilted or letting the time on the nado run out, or just retreat, which is fine with me anyway. i was really anxious. i got completely destroyed game 2, mk is so fatiguing...

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
you just gotta be patient back with the wario and wait for moments to bair/get grabs

yes yes n yes, NEVER EVER LOSE your patients on DDD. The minute you get impatient is the minute you start losing. If you fall a stock, collect yourself and take your time getting your lead again.

if hes gonna be gay and try to pull a time out, why the f not time him out yourself?
This^

I've started playing to time people out with D3 and well..its gay.

And I love it lol Seriously in a matchup like that its best to just play patiently no matter what the situation is. Besides in that MU if you get impatient you eat mad damage.

Oh and good stuff Tmacc and Techno.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
to rly learn how to be patient with DDD..you just need..to never get mad.

ill admit like..i get mad really easy right? n i did alot when smash first came out but after maining DDD i just. Stopped being so mad. Idk something about his face i just cant get mad at DDD when he gives off the 'chill' vibe whenever i look at his face. So i think if nothing phases ddd why should i?

idk..why but its always worked for me

Tmacc

Smash Lord
You still played really well, Coney. 1:02...I didn't even know you could do that. Going to try it out next time I play an MK.
3:06 was too good, haha, to bad you couldnt have survived it, too.
The end was so unfortunate :( you were playing really well until you got rufio'd.
I understand what you mean about the uptilt. MKs who know the MU aren't just going to nado you with time to uptilt. It's frustrating, and it's a frustrating move. Still, you played well; keep it up.

∫unk

Smash Master
honestly... neither of you were really playing safe i'm not sure if atomsk would play like that at a national or if he thought he was going to lose (no offense it's just mk vs ddd)

btw i prefer the way you and atomsk play cause it's better for ddd but most ppl have learned to just run away :(

for example after d-throw atomsk kept running in despite getting punished multiple times... it just seems really odd a top player would do that if he wasn't confident

and i think you could get way better at SDI

SDI whatever is the opposite direction they're going to jump and down on the u-air, you can see tyrant do it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OAQ3m0inFE

5 seconds in

that's what it should look like whenever mk u-airs anybody since you know he just wants to u-air again

ZTD | TECHnology

Junk do you have any video examples of realistic applications of buffering and platform cancels?

I'm trying make my D3 faster and more technical.

Coney

Smash Master
and i think you could get way better at SDI

SDI whatever is the opposite direction they're going to jump and down on the u-air, you can see tyrant do it here:
tbh i'm not usually that bad at SDI, i just got caught off-guard i guess that early in the stock and had just got done fighting shugo, and i have a big problem with running out of mental energy against MKs :/

i know it sounds like johns and i guess they are, but i don't mean them to! i just wasn't ready for it, hahah :<

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I did so bad with Dedede in singles this weekend. I lost to a Samus. :( Anyone have some tips for that MU? I was getting combo'd to hell. I kept walking and PSing everything, but he always dropped to the ledge when I got close, and I didn't want to get off the stage and risk getting spiked. When I missed one PS, I got zair'd and I was eating a charge shot to a grab or something, it just wasn't fun. On the upside, I did really well with D3 in doubles, and I almost beat Lain with ROB in singles. :)

ZTD | TECHnology

Did you by chance play against Sago's Samus? It's pretty legit.

And I have like no Samus experience as D3 lol. Infinites are banned most places so I wouldn't even know what to do besides PS and wall with Bair lol.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Nah, it was Genosamus, although Sago was at the tournament. Sago agreed to let me play his Samus some time, so I can learn the MU. He lives only 20 minutes or so from me now, so hopefully I can play him soon.

I wish infinites were legal there, I woulda done it in a heartbeat. Bair walling offstage was scary, he used his bombs to stay just a little bit above me, and far enough away from me, so if I missed a bair, he would spike me, so I stopped going offstage after game 1. :/

Top Bottom