• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

∫unk

Smash Master
jab is too slow, d-air works better but puts you in the air.

unless you have a read, there is no point being close to him (like vs mk). basically you have to just become a G with timing the grab against the spotdodge (hit grab as the falco dips his head), or just run/roll away whenever you're that close.

you have to know how to powershield it's the only way to grab his retreating aerials on your shield, also powershield lasers.

if you aren't powershielding you're going to lose. even if you're powershielding a lot you might lose anyway.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Alright guys, I'm going to be looking over the DDD boards for awhile, at least until another candidate for modship is found, but that'll happen when it happens. I'm pretty lenient overall, so don't expect an iron fist or anything, haha. I know how it is to have a mod that isn't of your initial community. I'll mostly do things in a "lemme know when you want something done" format XD. If you all want something stickied or whatnot, I'll do things then. Other than closing threads and managing infractions and that kinda stuff (which doesn't really seem to be a problem with you all), I'll just be the person you all let know when you need something taken care of, so you won't have to notify a Super Mod instead. So yeah, hi guys :)
Hey Hilt welcome to the D3 boards!

But anyway against Falco I've learned that Jab is not really effective. I do LOVE d-tilt though. Great range, quick and can get Falco off the stage which is where you want him. Its such a dumb MU though PSing is a requirement lol and you cant afford to miss punishment on his mistakes because Falco's gay *** camping mechanics are safe as hell against D3 for the most part =/

ICs are dumb. I have Snake for that MU lol

Coney

Smash Master
you know what i was thinking about today

there's no blue or red ddd.

red = ???
pink = atomsk, fogo
green = me, junk
purple = co
blue = ???
colorless aka SHERIFF = seibrik

i also might just switch to red to round things out

actually doesn't beef play either colorless or blue? can't remember

also wow i post in here so much now @_@

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Don't they have those Visa gift cards in Austrailia? I'm pretty sure those work.

*sighs* I'll be getting a credit card soon. Man credit is so lame lol

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
@thread, some trivia for you

in what pieces of animation does DDD close his eyes completely?

Coney

Smash Master
his idle animation, the one where he puts his hammer on his shoulder, pretty sure he blinks

and he closes his eyes, not sure if it's completely, but if you charge jet hammer enough

oh yes if i'm right

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

inhale start up before mouth over shoot

laying down

half way closed after fsmash, side taunt, up taunt, and continuous jab

one eye closed during hitstun

its so strange that most characters in this game are modeled after real life physics yet DDD is one of those characters that if you look into his eyes too long you kinda get creeped out since he never blinks until he does the hammer over shoulder idle animation O_o

yea fully charged jet hammer he closes his eyes, when he walks they completely open up until you stop

dont ask why i know this. After I started maining ddd in 08 i started to pay more attention to little things like these for..well..arts sake. Animation in this game makes me curious at all times

∫unk

Smash Master
coney go red. fits your playstyle.

and thats why he needs to be mod too

i dont know if lain still plays ddd in tournament but he plays red

i like blue as much as i like green

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I play blue, but have been known to switch at times. I like all his colors a lot.
I also think Coney should get the Mod spot. That's my vote. A red name would do him well.

DE, you know the most random ****. haha, share more of your knowledge with us :)

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I play pruple Dedede too.

Also, I did what I set out to do, and that's get PR'ed in my state. I'm 7th, and I'm pretty much done with this game.

Next stop, possibly MLG DC.

Coney

Smash Master
coney go red. fits your playstyle.

and thats why he needs to be mod too

i dont know if lain still plays ddd in tournament but he plays red

i like blue as much as i like green
you just want green all to yourself, i see you (d)

i guess i can take spot as official red ddd

i like colorless ddd because he's like a sheriff in the wild west or something, i just can't stand to look at him for entire matches though, lol

oh and we were watching matches in the md/va chat yesterday and someone was like "who's ddd is this" and then he did like, 3,000 unnecessary platform cancels and i was like "that is most definitely junk"

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I play blue, but have been known to switch at times. I like all his colors a lot.
I also think Coney should get the Mod spot. That's my vote. A red name would do him well.

DE, you know the most random ****. haha, share more of your knowledge with us :)
out of all the grabs in the game, iirc snake is the only one that flips the grabbe causing them to be facing away from snake, while most other grabs, the grabbe is looking at the grabber

also red da beess

wait ddd can platform cancel n make it useful? O_o

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
When you go online, and you're in the Wifi Waiting Room, there is one character whose jab wil "Phantom Hit" (you know, those sparks) the Sandbag right where he/she stands.

Who is it?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you mean like as soon as you get put into the room? im gonna say ike or falco.

also, anyone can make platform cancels useful.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
thank you for the new title op

yes he is always watching O_O
!!

pikachus does that too with the correct spacing

∫unk

Smash Master
red is attack! and also the vocal leader youve seen power rangers. i may have hidden agendas as well :p

wait what i only have one video of me platform cancelling and its the buffering video >_> unless you found the secret video of me playing the "newer" player im trying to teach (you werent supposed to see!!!) then yeah i just work on execution since im not really being threatened... like at all

just watched co at apex vids... wtf!

Coney

Smash Master
LOL yeah it was you against a marth and you had three stocks up on him

good luck with trying to apply plat cancels though, i'll be over here on the EC trying to revolutionize this falco MU @_@

Top Bottom