• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
This has been the weirdest MLG yet. Ally got 17th lol That's his lowest placement ever. ADHD got his lowest placing ever also. DQs and upsets everywhere.

And LOL @ all the fake Coneys in the livestream chat.

ZTD | TECHnology

He lost game 1 vs Cheese because he paused in the middle of a match because Cheese was walking CGing him with DDD. Will accused of him infiniting him. I think he thought that walking CG on DK was illegal. AlphaZealot reviewed the footage and ruled against Will so automatic loss in Game 1 for pausing. Nick Riddle got screwed for pausing also.

However people are accusing Cheese of baiting Will into pausing. Lots of controversy.

There were so many dumb DQs it was out of control. I think pausing should be a stock loss and not a game loss. Poor Will.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What if you pause by accident when you are mashing out of stuff? I've done it, RAIN has done it, I'm sure other people have too

ZTD | TECHnology

MLG is too gay with those DQs. Becuase of that rule 2 great players lost a set because they had to forfeit Game 1.

And Ally and ADHD got their lowest placings ever at this tournament.. :(

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
dont forgot the TVs being used for those arent exactly sited for brawl. Someone on cheese's aib blog kinda nailed it when he said we have too many rules that bind down our game

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Pause rules can be taken care of if we just, you know, turn off the option to pause the game.

Force Pause, a new AT. Youtube video coming soon.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright guys, I'm going to be looking over the DDD boards for awhile, at least until another candidate for modship is found, but that'll happen when it happens. I'm pretty lenient overall, so don't expect an iron fist or anything, haha. I know how it is to have a mod that isn't of your initial community. I'll mostly do things in a "lemme know when you want something done" format XD. If you all want something stickied or whatnot, I'll do things then. Other than closing threads and managing infractions and that kinda stuff (which doesn't really seem to be a problem with you all), I'll just be the person you all let know when you need something taken care of, so you won't have to notify a Super Mod instead. So yeah, hi guys :)

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Not many threads get created, and the ones that do are agreed upon by the community, like the two Technical Chase created, and the DDD Tourny results thread that Tmacc made.

As for modship, I think it'd just have to be a regular who knows what he's doing.
And doesnt seem abusive or whatever, as obvious as these couple of things are.

Either way, Good day, Hilt.

Coney

Smash Master
i'd like to throw my hat in the ring for modship! i promise i'll do good!

also i had an idea last night

in the falco matchup

i can't punish any lag from his spotdodges, ever

so i'm wondering

in this MU

how is jab?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
so your saying you want to use ddds not so good jab against falcos spot dodge...when we have things like dash attack and inhale for that

i must admit tho, i have jab canceled to grab people out of spot dodging. Not that i dot that often obvi

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I'll try it with MMM tonight and see what I can get from it, the only times I use jab usually are jab canceled grab (rarely) or jab-jab-ftilt (people were like WTF when I did this in crews once, guess it looks cool).
DE, you said inhale, but really, it's not like you can punish a spot dodge with inhale on reaction...that's too risky, especially against falco.
Dtilt seems to be decent at punishing spot dodges sometimes. But I'll test some jab stuff tonight (if I remember to, that is.)

Coney

Smash Master
inhale doesn't work

dash attack doesn't really work for some reason, i can't explain why but it's like he can either just shield or spotdodge to powershield it, since it's so fast

i think it's because when you initiate dash at falco, he spotdodges, awaiting the grab...and then you go up for the dash attack...and then he just holds shield for it

i've been fh dair'ing falcos lately but they can just DI out or worse, DI out and bair

been trying with this MU for a while, i go pretty even with omni's pocket falco and it feels like the moment i lose composure i lose the entire match

i hate it

in other news though i'm getting better against ICs, who knew the secret was to NOT be as safe as possible, lol

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i still think inhale n dash attack can still work under certain conditions.

using jab tho i feel is alittle more risky since it takes forever to end :mad:

how are you using dair tho? typically when i dair its only when i know they're going to be in position to get dair'ed.

i wanna play some IC offline, that mu is...dangerous and is fun because of the danger factor XD

Top Bottom