• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
i guess i'll be next in line for interviews

i beat logic 2-0 in winners this weekend

then lost to him 4-1 in losers, continuous sets

he went on to win the tournament

remember guys, no matter how good you get against olimar, it's still gonna be hard
Play gayer, you got dis, and GJ for taking a set from him.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
i guess i'll be next in line for interviews

i beat logic 2-0 in winners this weekend

then lost to him 4-1 in losers, continuous sets

he went on to win the tournament

remember guys, no matter how good you get against olimar, it's still gonna be hard
Lol trust me Coney I know that about Olimar. And this goes true for pretty much every character I play. God I hate Olimar.

Good **** taking a set off Logic though. Not easy at all.

And I'll put you on the list. Thanks!

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Hopefully I'll be able to get some practice today against my friends.

They're alright, not as good as me, (dont mean to be arrogant) but they still at least take stocks from me.

Until I pull Snake on them, bahahah.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
We need a new tournament results thread or something...I'd like to see how everyone is placing, something we can post in consistently and see results. If everyone is okay with it, I would start the thread and keep the OP updated and everything like that? I think it'd be a good thing and, once again, bring incentive to post and discuss on this board. Just wanted to hear some thoughts on it before I made the thread.
Also, that's still great Coney. It seems like you meet Olimars a lot in bracket. I remember that one Indiana tournament where you had to go through 3 or so of the best Olimars around. Haha, either way, good stuff.

ZTD | TECHnology

But I have Snake for that MU lol and I have Lain to teach me it.

EDIT: I think a new results thread is cool. We should definitely have one since all the other character boards have one. Yes, we are slowing getting some activity to these boards again :D

ZTD | TECHnology

That may be the case but I think its my sexiness also :p But these boards were so dead when I first came here and now its getting a bit more active. I have more plans ahead :)

Also we seriously need to start doing MU discussions again.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
maybe the maker of the pic was some salty emo guy who was like

'vex and atomsk are traitors. vex mains bowser and atomsk mains iceys and mk. no pic for them'

ZTD | TECHnology

Lain or Seibrik shouldn't be up there either if that's the logic being used lol.

We need to update that thing. Half of the people in that picture dropped off the face of the planet/dont use DDD/got banned/ aren't even affialiated with the community etc etc.

ZTD | TECHnology

Seibrik's interview has been posted in the interview thread! If he's willing to answer any more questions up untill Thursday I will post the new stuff in there. Otherwise, Vex is up next!

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
We can't stop here. This is bat country.
OMG Gates!!!! Another classic regular! Sup baby??
Lain or Seibrik shouldn't be up there either if that's the logic being used lol.

We need to update that thing. Half of the people in that picture dropped off the face of the planet/dont use DDD/got banned/ aren't even affialiated with the community etc etc.
And that dumb*** Crashic put only 1 'm' in my name there. How pathetic lol

Kaffei... true.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
hes b reversing jet hammer a few times, however i think its almost too impractical for it to work on smarter, offline players

waddle doo set ups esp with pivot grab was interesting, but something we've all easily done given the chance
Up-B spikes and Jet Hammer are the answer to our lacking metagame.

He had some nice Waddle combos and usage of inhale with Snakes recovery though. It was definately interesting haha.
maybe @ jet hammer/upb -- i mean its an insane amount of commitment into 2 moves that typically have high risk / low reward..n hes using these off stage....

i have found some things out of Dthrow recently that can be useful if i research it more...in quit being lazy

ZTD | TECHnology

He took a random quote I said and made it our title lol. I'm going to find a way to get the thread. Somehow lol

And I don't think I've ever really landed a Jet Hammer in a serious match. I don't even use it except in the air. There's usually better options though.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
if you were to use an aerial jet hammer technical, try a raising jet hammer from under neath a platform. Its worked well for me

@ coney

if you want to continue to improve, think carefully about your goals with DDD/Wario/your other seconds. N try to keep your goals withn a realistic reach n u should be good to go.

Also Pshield more @ your match vs Earth

also good luck with the drama in the MD/VA PR....i really hope you keep your spot you worked hard. =\

Coney

Smash Master
oh yeah it'll be fine

the drama would actually probably move me up instead of down, hahah...like, i'm 5th according to GIMR's data, so i'm good. i've definitely shown i can be a real threat, it's just a lot of people have issues with the way our back room does things

yeah i'm going to a lot of omni's training sessions...my main problem is that i **** around with ness too much. i love the way ness feels, and i love playing him, but everyone that goes plays a hard MU for me and they just go that character and i get irritated and lose my focus

i need to just focus on ddd and wario really. my wario's getting much, much better at the MK MU, which is all i need him to do

i can also beat m33p (no namesearch) if i try hard. what keeps happening is we get to ~100% on our last stocks and i get nervous, even in friendlies, and make a lot of technical errors that cost me killing nana. he's really good at just using aerials though and not even going for grabs against me.

i can't beat him with ddd though. at all. **** that MU.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
son when i played against richbrown n mikehaze in bracket i didnt even break a sweat.

N it was my first tournament.
No johns @ getting nervous for u.

In all seriousness, when you go into a match you need to go in with a clear mind. And if you do feel nervous let it help you to focus, do not let your mind start to wander at all. Keep focus on whats going on, and most of all

BE

PATIENT!

A patient DDD that can see through mind games, see the players habits and capitalize on mistakes is the one that will win. Remember when you go in for the read....wait for it...wait for those small movement frames...then REACT!!

Keep playing ness tho. You cannot play, well anyone for that matter, cannot play nor hope to play their main consistently without taking mental 'breaks' from them. Look at m33p, he used fox in teams against K-9's Pikachu and got CG'ed in those matches n he still keeps going with Fox. Be inspired by that with ness and let him help teach you not to get grabbed at all.

Speaking of ness, you should study up on who can chain grab him out of a grab release. That'll help give you a heads up for each opponent you face.

Top Bottom