• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I begged and pleaded for control for this thread and this is what happened:

*points at the new title*

Why does this have to be so complicated??

Coney

Smash Master
well i don't get nervous or impatient against anyone but ice climbers

it's because i work so hard to split them up and then i misread nana's aerial momentum (***** has literally airdodged my fart at least three times) and then i'm back at square one trying to reseparate

i'm learning patience against MK with wario but that's about it, for everything else i'm set

i used to get nervous when playing md/va's top people until i realized i was something for other people to get nervous about, which felt kinda good, lol

Tmacc

Smash Lord
oh yeah it'll be fine

the drama would actually probably move me up instead of down, hahah...like, i'm 5th according to GIMR's data, so i'm good. i've definitely shown i can be a real threat, it's just a lot of people have issues with the way our back room does things

yeah i'm going to a lot of omni's training sessions...my main problem is that i **** around with ness too much. i love the way ness feels, and i love playing him, but everyone that goes plays a hard MU for me and they just go that character and i get irritated and lose my focus

i need to just focus on ddd and wario really. my wario's getting much, much better at the MK MU, which is all i need him to do

i can also beat m33p (no namesearch) if i try hard. what keeps happening is we get to ~100% on our last stocks and i get nervous, even in friendlies, and make a lot of technical errors that cost me killing nana. he's really good at just using aerials though and not even going for grabs against me.

i can't beat him with ddd though. at all. **** that MU.
Awesome stuff Coney, keep it up.

Also, who do you use vs his ICs? Wario? I've been working on using my ROB for that MU, and my Wario for the MK MU.

Coney

Smash Master
against ICs i use wario...against any ICs but our best i use ddd though, it doesn't really matter unless it's a top ICs. wario's hard to pull off but definitely better than ddd, and it's only hard because i'm still adjusting to his weird playstyle

after playing ddd for so long he just kinda flows naturally to me, i can use him in a pretty complex way without thought, wario takes a lot of mental effort

ROB is great in the MU too, i was considering him but i'm much more of an aerial player and the idea of a grounded rock>paper>scissors fight with two ICs next to you and you being forced to dsmash or spotdodge or run terrifies me, i'd rather just be wario and jump away, hahah

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i'll probably go Lucario vs top level IC. Ive had some MU practice with a Socal player. The DDD vs IC mu is fun imo XD i love being in imminent danger all the time

Just as long as you can figure out how to DI the spikes, be massively gay n break out of grabs you should be fine

Tmacc

Smash Lord
against ICs i use wario...against any ICs but our best i use ddd though, it doesn't really matter unless it's a top ICs. wario's hard to pull off but definitely better than ddd, and it's only hard because i'm still adjusting to his weird playstyle

after playing ddd for so long he just kinda flows naturally to me, i can use him in a pretty complex way without thought, wario takes a lot of mental effort

ROB is great in the MU too, i was considering him but i'm much more of an aerial player and the idea of a grounded rock>paper>scissors fight with two ICs next to you and you being forced to dsmash or spotdodge or run terrifies me, i'd rather just be wario and jump away, hahah
Haha, yea, I know exactly what you mean about Wario. I feel is playstyle is almost contradictory (in a way) to D3s, but, just like you, his abilities in the MK MU are a great tool to have.

ROB has always came a little more naturally to me, personally. I love his spacing game, especially around projectiles and his great tilts. I have two really good ICs in my area (Hylian, who just moved to MO, and Future, who is really good too). So hopfully now that I'm back at school and playing them every Tuesday, I'll be able to hang with the best with my ROB.

I can beat slightly worse ICs with D3 (I did in bracket once) and I almost took some games off GIMR in pools one time in Indiana. But no doubt, that MU is incrdibly dumb and almost always up hill. So hard to keep momentum.

ZTD | TECHnology

For ICs I have Snake since he's my main and all. However its Olimar that keeps giving me **** as all of my characters. I recently picked up Wario to go up agaist Olis, and MKs that know the Snake MU too well. Its fun but its a lot of effort because Snake requires a certain mindset and D3 requires another one but simpler. I tried Falco and its too much work for me. I'm NOT an ace at technical play I'm way more suited to a simpler character that I can make strong mindgames and punishes with.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Olimar all you have to do technical, is get him in the air

thats...all there is too it

offstage? you bet i dream about getting olimar off stage every night

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
wow @ kaffei

u have the easiest time getting this horrible jerk in da air

how dare you say its HARD FOR MK??
tbh only m2k has da right to john about olimar

Coney

Smash Master
me and logic go really even

whoever wins was just the smarter player that day, or he just camped my *** off

the point is, we've been playing a lot at these training sessions i'm going to

we saved a set from last night, i'll put that up soon and you guys can watch it

i won the set

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
lol @ coney if you dress up like elvis i might start meat riding u

but not untill u dress up like elvis

technical, for richbrown, i just rushed him down and didnt get him any opportunity to camp. Ftilt interrupts/goes thru fsmash, spot dodge w/e you want also works, inhale also works. Grab,bthrow spam. Grab, uthrow him and get him into the air. When olimar tries to uair thru the platform shield if your already in range, if not wait for him to get to the ledge and wait for a action/react to that

when u get him offstage, he'll try to whistle/air dodge/aerial just be patient and follow his movement n throw out bairs/fair when he doesnt have SA. Watch out for early upbs and upbs poking thru platforms/platform geometry those hurt alot.

Shield pikmin, this is what i failed to do against RB. Shielding pikmin makes them fall off, or makes them go thru you if tossed at your shield. Pshield the purples. Dont worry about any of the pikmin cept purples[pshield them] and whites. Whites you need to kill ASAP with fair/bair dont use utilt to kill pikmin.

Coney

Smash Master
base points against olimar:

percent means nothing
rush down like a madman
use ALL AERIALS, INCLUDING NAIR.
don't fear getting grabbed. i lived last saturday @ 158% on my last stock from a purple uthrow...ON HALBERD. i won that match.
INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
rush down works so well LOL

they dunno what to do when your in their face all day everyday
i cant tell u how many times i bthrowed RB in our bracket match.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
base points against olimar:

percent means nothing
rush down like a madman
use ALL AERIALS, INCLUDING NAIR.
don't fear getting grabbed. i lived last saturday @ 158% on my last stock from a purple uthrow...ON HALBERD. i won that match.
INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE
I said this soooo ****ing long ago, but now it's only gonna be recognized cuz Coney said so ;____;

Tis no fair.

Coney

Smash Master
i said it way back when i first beat logic, about a year ago

only reiterating since it seems to be relevant again

ZTD | TECHnology

OP on the interview thread has been updated. Also I contacted Hylian about this thread and trying to get something done. Keep your fingers crossed. Thanks again for the interview Seibrik!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
but m2k did that and olimar eat him
the prob with M2k vs brood is that after brood figured M2K out m2k started to break up under pressure n started doing weird things. Could be he didnt know the mu, i mean no other olimar is broods level in the USA. Brood has such excellent reaction time and wonderful mix ups

Coney

Smash Master
i don't think MK can rush down olimar, the only reason ddd can is because he does such a large amount of damage from grabs and lives a lot longer, when played smart. i live to ~160% against oli, he lives to ~110% against me. that's a pretty big difference.

conversely, olimar can kill mk waaay earlier than mk can kill olimar...unless he gimps. be careful.

Coney

Smash Master
secondary wario doesn't solve our falco problems

secondary ICs might but you might as well just main them, for chrissakes

Top Bottom