• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Prawn

Smash Master
in other news im going exclusively d3 in tournament now because my ics are so bad

discuss

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I always lose to GW. No matter how much an advantage MK apparently has vs him, I never win. If you keep losing a match up you know you can win in, then study harder. It is not as if you are Ganon. I am gonna keep practicing vs GW until I get that MU right. You should do the same
That's what Ive been doing. I've had Lain sit down and teach me and while I feel like I've gotten better I am still not seeing the results that I've learned. And your example is not quite the same because I'm on the side that has the disadvantage. You are right though but it just feels like that advantage that MK has (even if its small vs Snake) seems like a big obstacle. But I'm done complaining. I just dont like it when people assume **** about it is all.

Coney

Smash Master
If you keep losing a match up you know you can win in, then study harder.
my issue is that i study mk over and over and over and i always go in confident, and then i still lose because MK has so many different styles that i have a hard time adapting to on-the-fly

i think it's probably just better to avoid MK entirely as ddd

Laem

Smash Champion
i dont get mk vs dedede
i can beat some of em
and others 2 stock me
while theyre about even in skill

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Such ignorance. People like you are the reason why I never helped these boards back in the day.
Or maybe it's your ignorance of the fact that it's impossible and that a different character to fair against mk is better. I've tried it several times Atomsk. I'm not saying how ridiculously broken mk is. I'm just saying to use another character against him.
Those characters actually don't exist lol.
Okay whatever, we all know that some characters do better against him than others which is all that I'm saying.

And yes experimenting with mk-banned tournaments is the best option that absolutely nobody is taking advantage of. Or maybe some regions are?

ZTD | TECHnology

i dont get mk vs dedede
i can beat some of em
and others 2 stock me
while theyre about even in skill
Dedede is commited to playing a certain way. There are subtle differences in each D3 but in the end the overall style is the same. Metaknight is far more versatile. You are probably too used to fighting a particular style of Metaknight and not ready for the other ones.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
my issue is that i study mk over and over and over and i always go in confident, and then i still lose because MK has so many different styles that i have a hard time adapting to on-the-fly

i think it's probably just better to avoid MK entirely as ddd
You have to know every single one of his options. Read them. Be able to adapt on the fly. That is really important.
If you reaaaaaaaaaally feel you can't do it no matter what, work on a secondary vs MK.

btw coney hi =D

@Technical Chase : Read your sig. =D

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
That's what Ive been doing. I've had Lain sit down and teach me and while I feel like I've gotten better I am still not seeing the results that I've learned. And your example is not quite the same because I'm on the side that has the disadvantage. You are right though but it just feels like that advantage that MK has (even if its small vs Snake) seems like a big obstacle. But I'm done complaining. I just dont like it when people assume **** about it is all.
I picked up MK to try and fix the problem I had with MK. I was able to do extremely well against anti shadow ksizzle and other mks. You know what I learned? I still did better with ICs Wario DDD and other characters I played. Just learn it better. If you've been studying this **** for 2 years and haven't seen progress yet others have you're obviously doing something wrong.

ZTD | TECHnology

*sighs* Maybe I'll just have to learn Metaknight personally. I had no problem (or johns) about Metaknight before but it was after I took that half a year break from Brawl because of school that I noticed my issue. Maybe its just that I never fully adapted to the new types of varying Metaknights. I really wanted to avoid learning to play as him though.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
That matchup is such a mess, my poor adapting skills really shine in that matchup =]
Getting better though, plus I always got my pocket Ice Climbers...

GreenFox

Smash Ace
The matchup is mad dumb, you will not consistently beat the best metaknights with D3. He has so many options in certain situations that beat your's out it's really a waste of time trying to get good at this. I think in brawl unless you main MK you need to have a secondary anyway

Kaffei

Smash Hero
*sighs* Maybe I'll just have to learn Metaknight personally. I had no problem (or johns) about Metaknight before but it was after I took that half a year break from Brawl because of school that I noticed my issue. Maybe its just that I never fully adapted to the new types of varying Metaknights. I really wanted to avoid learning to play as him though.
Then don't play him. I can already tell you do not like how MK is and you probably won't enjoy him. (Not saying you shouldn't pick him up, because there is the possibility that you would actually enjoy playing as him) What I do is watch every possible MK video I can find and study their options. M2K especially. Try it. Worked for me.

Prawn

Smash Master
imo if ur not looking to play vs d3 with mk then pick up someone who goes a little more even with him

you play snake, snake can beat mk, even if its an uphill battle

if not him you have falco, diddy, ics, pikachu, and others, wario to an extent(especially on cps)

you should be able to beat most mks with d3 tho IMO.

its not a death matchup unless its at top level and the mk knows the matchup really well(see: co18 vs m2k)

like people in my region will complain about certain matchups or w.e but honestly you could pick up luigi and top 3 MOST regions, you just gotta be good,

idk just my 2 cents

ZTD | TECHnology

Then don't play him. I can already tell you do not like how MK is and you probably won't enjoy him. (Not saying you shouldn't pick him up, because there is the possibility that you would actually enjoy playing as him) What I do is watch every possible MK video I can find and study their options. M2K especially. Try it. Worked for me.
I hate everything about MK but really that's just bias as a Snake main speaking. I can acknowledge that. I probably could get into him except there would always be this feeling of playing dirty lingering over my head. That's quite literally the only reason preventing me from trying him as a serious character.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I picked up MK to try and fix the problem I had with MK. I was able to do extremely well against anti shadow ksizzle and other mks. You know what I learned? I still did better with ICs Wario DDD and other characters I played. Just learn it better. If you've been studying this **** for 2 years and haven't seen progress yet others have you're obviously doing something wrong.
name search/

Problem with MK? iirc you picked him up after apex 2009 and unveiled himin tourney in the beginning of june 2009 at a paradigm tourney, beating me and others with him. you said it yourself. you didnt have a problem with mk. only person that beat your ddd was mew2king. then i did it once out of a billion times. i wouldnt consider that having an mk problem but to each his own i guess.

Coney

Smash Master
i don't know, i think any good ddd can beat any good secondary MK (unless it's somebody really good, like atomsk)

but when it comes to mains you just have to be reeeally talented or reeeally adaptive, which i spose goes into talent

i...don't know of any ddds that can consistently beat MK mains in tourney nowadays. if i'm wrong, i'm willing to back down, but i just don't think it happens anymore

maybe it depends on region?

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
name search/

Problem with MK? iirc you picked him up after apex 2009 and unveiled himin tourney in the beginning of june 2009 at a paradigm tourney, beating me and others with him. you said it yourself. you didnt have a problem with mk. only person that beat your ddd was mew2king. then i did it once out of a billion times. i wouldnt consider that having an mk problem but to each his own i guess.
By having a problem with MK I meant I wanted to learn him more so I could understand how to beat Jason

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I hate everything about MK but really that's just bias as a Snake main speaking. I can acknowledge that. I probably could get into him except there would always be this feeling of playing dirty lingering over my head. That's quite literally the only reason preventing me from trying him as a serious character.
Idk about you but I would hate to play a character who puts a dirty feeling over my head.

ZTD | TECHnology

Idk about you but I would hate to play a character who puts a dirty feeling over my head.
This is exactly why I just can't do it. I was playing my friend with my ridiculously campy MK today and it felt wrong. Granted, I ***** him but it didn't feel right. I think I'm just going to study more videos and play more good MKs. I'd rather not have to revert to playing as MK to learn him. I don't wanna get dependent on him lol

Kaffei

Smash Hero
This is exactly why I just can't do it. I was playing my friend with my ridiculously campy MK today and it felt wrong. Granted, I ***** him but it didn't feel right. I think I'm just going to study more videos and play more good MKs. I'd rather not have to revert to playing as MK to learn him. I don't wanna get dependent on him lol

Sounds great =D
Keep it up

and..

****!!

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Lol, the D3/MK discussion us too goooodd..

Not much is up. Working in that D3 like always. I'm finally back in STL again for school so I get to play with my normal crowd of MO people again.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I think I'm excellent at powershielding, I just don't trust myself and I let go of shield for a second and get hit :L

Top Bottom