• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
The point isn't to impress? ugh American-culture thinking is so ****ing stupid sometimes. Thank you for not being lazy and actually explaining yourself though.

It's helped me get better... Platform cancelling helps vs snake and wario. If you can't do it consistently you can't use it. I haven't seen a DDD use it consistently or in any clever way at all.

In the end though, if you don't think it'll help you, obviously don't practice it. Regardless, I set it to private because a video fighting NOBODY was obviously not supposed to be correlated with SKILL, but that seems to be the knee-jerk reaction from the dumb people.
Okay I will admit that I didn't use language properly. 'not too impressed' was just an expression and it brings out the fact that I'm not thinking twice about what I literally mean, sorry. And just to say, everybody including you, have reactions to what others say...it is just that you don't notice. And I don't think there's a way to put black&white into every gray COMPLETELY though. :(

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Vex just killed me LOLOLOLOL.

And CO18 just stay D3 ffs. You have a new character every 2 weeks or some **** and you never end up using that character in tourney anyways.

Coney

Smash Master
LOL VEX

i was gonna say the same thing

speed is my crewmate and has a big ddd problem

blue rogue lives in a wonderful world of no ddds

i'd imagining beating san is legit though, i bet he's good against ddd

i'm still mad @ vex though and happy with atomsk, one for giving me faulty info against bowser and the other for correcting it

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I hope I get a rematch with Ally this weekend. He's owed me one for like ages now. Totally going D3 vs him. Snake dittos against him suck lol

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
LOL VEX

i was gonna say the same thing

speed is my crewmate and has a big ddd problem

blue rogue lives in a wonderful world of no ddds

i'd imagining beating san is legit though, i bet he's good against ddd

i'm still mad @ vex though and happy with atomsk, one for giving me faulty info against bowser and the other for correcting it
The info I gave you about Bowser is what I use vs Bowser and I was easily beating KK in friendlies lol.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Against MK just gain the percent and then 9b it up. Never leave the ground unless its mandatory

Coney

Smash Master
I just want to say that waddle doos are the future of DDD's metagame.
this guy

is kinda

right

i've been using doo's a lot more recently, it's surprising how few people actually respect them as attackers

i'll put one in front of me and they can either shield the attack, which means i can grab, hit it away, in which i can punish the lag, or try to get past both it and me, which i can intercept

they're actually pretty invaluable against ICs!

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
this guy

is kinda

right

i've been using doo's a lot more recently, it's surprising how few people actually respect them as attackers

i'll put one in front of me and they can either shield the attack, which means i can grab, hit it away, in which i can punish the lag, or try to get past both it and me, which i can intercept

they're actually pretty invaluable against ICs!
I actually don't like using waddles vs ics.

ZTD | TECHnology

Ive gotten some very dumb surprise kills from Doos and Dees. I <3 my Waddles.

EDIT: Also my tournament is today :D I will post the link to the livestream later also if you guys wanna take a look. Wish me luck :D

Mit

Smash Ace
I tried to rep D3 at WBST 4. I got *****.

Had a birthday surprise Gordo kill against a Peach to win a pretty close match. She kept turnip spamming, likely looking for a bomb, so I went dee/doo spamming, looking for a much more likely Gordo. Probably gonna upload it.

Unfortunately I was not able to beat Tutu's pro Sheik, a Meta Knight, a Falco, or someone else I can't remember, and didn't make it out of pools. I really need matchup experience with MK and Falco :(

In my defense I picked up DDD a week ago.

ZTD | TECHnology

I tried to rep D3 at WBST 4. I got *****.

Had a birthday surprise Gordo kill against a Peach to win a pretty close match. She kept turnip spamming, likely looking for a bomb, so I ment dee/doo spamming, looking for a much more likely Gordo. Probably gonna upload it.

Unfortunately I was not able to beat Tutu's pro Sheik, a Meta Knight, a Falco, or someone else I can't remember, and didn't make it out of pools. I really need matchup experience with MK and Falco :(

In my defense I picked up DDD a week ago.
lol I didnt even bother using D3 this weekend at WBST4 because all the old school Metaknights that are good like Rofa, Bowyer and Hateoni came out. I am ****ing sick of Metaknight. I kinda feel like its impossible now..

Mit

Smash Ace
I just wanted to get out of pools and I would have been happy :( Was my first time actually entering a tourney.

But yes, I would love it if some people would start hosting some MK-banned tourneys. Game would be so much more fun.

ZTD | TECHnology

I originally didn't care but I'm pro ban now lol Too many bad experiences with MK. And if you look at the top placing players at this tournament:

1. Ally :snake: in pools, :metaknight: strictly in brackets.
2. Lain: :popo: :metaknight:
3. Azure Kenny :snake: :metaknight:
5. Rofa :metaknight:
7: Bowyer :metaknight:
7. Dingdong :metaknight:

...yeah lol

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I originally didn't care but I'm pro ban now lol Too many bad experiences with MK. And if you look at the top placing players at this tournament:

...yeah lol
Base it off one tourney and bad experiences against that character? Suck it he **** up. People with the scrub mentality that you have are the reason why there is even a mk ban argument.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

...yeah lol
That is ONE tourney are you dumb
just look at apex and the tourney list in the character ranking threads there are plenty of tourneys that have results that aren't like this
brawl people are so ****ing lazy they wanna ban any char they lose to or just pick MK because "he's easy"

Technodeath

Smash Champion
It's pretty much that mentality I dislike.

I seem to be the only person on earth who enjoys fighting a disadvantaged matchup
I get off on a challenge. I love playing Ganon and Falcon against any and every character.
I still lose, but I go in with a mentality, or at least a goal of getting my opponent to one stock, even with my big disadvantage.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Oh hi there Xiivi.

And yes title change would be cool. Preferably something raunchy.

LOL YES! I approve of this thread title!

Also I think a DDD PR would be cool. I know there aren't a million DDDs but it couldnt hurt. I think it could build a little hype/motivate people to rep our penguin. Thoughts?
I agree. I think D3 PR would be pretty awesome! Or even just a new tournament results thread or something.
We need something.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
It's pretty much that mentality I dislike.

I seem to be the only person on earth who enjoys fighting a disadvantaged matchup
I get off on a challenge. I love playing Ganon and Falcon against any and every character.
I still lose, but I go in with a mentality, or at least a goal of getting my opponent to one stock, even with my big disadvantage.
You play bad characters. All of your matchups are disadvantageous. You have no choice but to enjoy it. If you didn't, you'd either pick up a better character, or stop playing the game.

Mit

Smash Ace
MK doesn't necessarily need to be banned.

Just, some people need to hold MK-ban tournaments >.>

I believe everyone aside from strict MK mains would enjoy it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Base it off one tourney and bad experiences against that character? Suck it he **** up. People with the scrub mentality that you have are the reason why there is even a mk ban argument.
Whatever dude, do you honestly think this is the first tournament Ive been to that this has happened to me. It gets pretty disheartening when you keep losing to the same character over and over when youve put in the work to learn it. Ive went two years without saying a **** thing about banning MK and having similar experiences. Yeah I'm not as good as you someone like you so maybe I'm not doing everything that I should be here. But regardless its still dumb knowing that everyone is going MK and getting away with it. But honestly if you all you're going to do is insult people and assume **** you might as well save your words.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Whatever dude, do you honestly think this is the first tournament Ive been to that this has happened to me. It gets pretty disheartening when you keep losing to the same character over and over when youve put in the work to learn it. Ive went two years without saying a **** thing about banning MK and having similar experiences. Yeah I'm not as good as you someone like you so maybe I'm not doing everything that I should be here. But regardless its still dumb knowing that everyone is going MK and getting away with it. But honestly if you all you're going to do is insult people and assume **** you might as well save your words.
I always lose to GW. No matter how much an advantage MK apparently has vs him, I never win. If you keep losing a match up you know you can win in, then study harder. It is not as if you are Ganon. I am gonna keep practicing vs GW until I get that MU right. You should do the same

Top Bottom