• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
im not saying main mk and 2nd ddd

i just don't see DDD as a wise MAIN for anyone, being that he is so easily countered by even people's 2nds.

so i say pick a SOLID main, then use ddd to either cover bad MU's or wreck with his better MU's like i do.

it's just logic to me, and in the LONG run how i think he'll be most used, and ANYONE that tries to SOLO ddd will NEVER make top 10 in a national, someone please quote me on this one, sig it, if i'm wrong i want to know, with all the people they played included.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

i just don't see DDD as a wise MAIN for anyone, being that he is so easily countered by even people's 2nds.

so i say pick a SOLID main, then use ddd to either cover bad MU's or wreck with his better MU's like i do.

it's just logic to me, and in the LONG run how i think he'll be most used, and ANYONE that tries to SOLO ddd will NEVER make top 10 in a national, someone please quote me on this one, sig it, if i'm wrong i want to know, with all the people they played included.
I agree, I wish the penguin was good enough :/

CO18

Smash Hero

hmm let's add some money to this

CO18

Smash Hero
co18, u barely get top 5 in FL tournies going all ddd (provided some combination of sfl is involved in said tourny)
what? one tourney where i lost to cfl in losers lol.

The only people that can beat my ddd is you, nick and esam and nick and esam really only win since I dont really have the patience to practice the mu at all cuz atomsk has beaten them both meaning DEDEDE can definitley win being good at the mu.

But based off of your post im assuming you want to bet correct?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
people in sfl that can beat you (as in, if u win it would be close)

me
riddle
esam
chaz
shaky
snipa
xaltis
mvd
afro

and anyone from cfl that comes to spend a weekend with me ;)

CO18

Smash Hero
people in sfl that can beat you (as in, if u win it would be close)

me
riddle
esam
chaz
shaky
snipa
xaltis
mvd
afro

and anyone from cfl that comes to spend a weekend with me ;)
k first 3 i said,

Im like 343434-1 vs chaz, hes beaten me once and literally has not gotten me down to my last stock in any individual match period outside that set but admit hed prob get close. Not with marth though.

Shaky will get close but I doubt he'd beat me again or at least id win a good majority.
Snipa ive never lost to, doubt xaltis will get close. He lost to hungrybox? lol, and im very good vs falco
And how would MVD or afro get close lol theyre snake.

Afro just got Jv 3 stocked by puma's dedede...

I beat mvd either 6-0 or 6-1 in our ddd vs snake mms at mlg.
Snake is snake.. The only snake that is an honest to god hard struggle is ally and even then him being the 2nd best player in the world is down 4-1 in sets vs me.

Stop overrating sfl, I literally either beat or go even with all of you with my barely practiced secondaries minus esam.

CO18

Smash Hero
No I dont, I lose sets to the 3 I mentioned. And ill prob just practice wario and use him vs you guys, unless I use snake for nick or try to learn the zss mu with ddd

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
why would CO spend his money to lose to MK? he can do that for free anytime he wants.

and with COs current attitude, im inclined to agree with seibrik on the top 3 thing.

CO18

Smash Hero
Naw ill just beat him with wario I just wanted to see if he wants to bet on top 10 at national thing since Id do that, and seibrik youre still being dumb YOU CAN DEFINITELY GO STRICTLY DDD at a sfl tourney and place top3. I PERSONALLY just dont know how to fight zss with ddd and pika period, and I dont have the time/am not willing at this point to learn it because id rather do other things.

ATOMSK HAS BEATEN THEM BOTH. He beat nick like 2-0 and ESAM TWO consecutive times now, you dont even know what youre talking about. I am not the best ddd at every mu so stop only using me to refer to what dedede can do seriously, use entire brain function pl0x

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
there's reasons atomsk plays IC/mk/luigi/pika/falco/other characters

all in tourny

DDD is just his "i duno what to do yet" character cuz it's like his base

im just arguing that while that CAN work, it's obvious, at least to me, that as a character, overall, using DDD as a CP works best.

i only use him as a CP and my win record with him since mlg is like 100% lol

Vayseth

Smash Master

I found this out the HARD way last weekend...

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
like, i don't mind u saying u "main" ddd, and keep him as ur smashboards logo, and come here more than any other character board (heck this is the only board all together i post this much in besides atl. south)

BUT

the thing you all aught to be doing, is getting a very STRONG 2ndary.... to start your sets with. having a really good ddd like most of us do, is, or should be, a free auto 2nd win depending on the MU/stage we pick. or, better yet, if u get that 2ndary good enouogh, it'll be a FREE third win if u won the first match (which will happen more often then with DDD since u can pick a character with less counters then a childs math assignment)

basically pick a character like: IC, MK, Snake, Falco, GW, WARIO (omg this is an amazing one to use since he is SO versitile and if u get good enouogh, u can come back to him comfortably if they pick a gay third stage like norfair that ddd would otherwise suck on)

yeah, my 80cents

Tmacc

Smash Lord
****'s going down.

And while I LOVE character purists, like me who only plays D3 in bracket, I agree with Seibrik: D3 is MOST effective as a CP character. Which is why I've been working a bit on picking up Wario. But we will see how that goes.

Either way, CO could definately get top 10 at a national like MLG with only D3. I would even side bet on it.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
like i said, it greatly depends on his bracket

sure he got top 3 at winterfest

getting all snakes

but the likely hood of that happening at a SEEDED tourny like mlg are slim to none. he will fight certain characters and players (especially) that just **** ddd up, and it will halt his progress. he can get lucky with the bracket, but CHANCES are, no ddd going all ddd will be able to take down characters like pika/IC/falco/mk ect.

there may be one ddd that wrecks pika (atomsk) one that wrecks falco (co18) but there is yet to be a ddd that consistantly wrecks ALL of ddd's bad MU's. they usually end up swithching to a 2ndary when tourny play happens, especially when gay counterpicks come into play.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

i dont doubt big co, i just watch him give ppl the DDD ****. Then i
at the hateas

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Can't we all just get along and remember the good ole days? Back where Dedede was third best and no one knew how to beat him. Back when we actually had some type of metagame development. Back when I would win those local Game Crazy tournies.......'08 was such a great year.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
idk whats your def of helping is, but it doesnt look like help from where im sitting lol

despite how pessimistic you are about mus i understand what your saying n respect that however, i'll make my own judgment calls when i have to cross those tough bridges. In light of how the meta game is and how dead DDD is to the world im not giving up on him like others would have. It would be cool to go all DDD, but i got plenty of good pocket secondaries chars i also love using so yea bite me

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
for the record brik telling you to play other characters, in his mind means he actually likes you all enough to tell you what he thinks will help you place better.

If you look at it that way, he is helping.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
That's understandable, but playing to win isn't on everyone's mind at all times. Some of us play to have "fun." Even if we did pick up a new, better character, most of us still wouldn't see money at tournaments. There's many reasons why we play the character we play. Maybe its playstyle fits our mindset, they just like the character more than others, or maybe they want to show other people just what exactly this character can do. I mean, we're talking about Dedede here, a high tier character who at one point was third best in the game. What about people who main characters who aren't even as good as he is? There's plenty of tourney goers who play low tier characters, and chances are they'll keep doing it until the next Smash, or they quit the game. Sure, some of them will say "enough's enough, time to take MK for a spin," but then there's people like San, Shaky, Jash, Nick Riddle who take their not MK or their not Snake and do pretty d*mn good.

tl;dr: unavailable in your zip code.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
if ur not playing to win, then u can ignore most of my posts, cuz im here to help those that are.

no one is forcing those who are NOT playing to win to read or even respond to my posts. at the end of the day everyone's gonna do what makes them happy. if they're goal is to get better at the game overall, they should take my advice. if it's to get better souly with ddd and be the nickriddle of ddd, then by all means do so, but there's risk and investment that is entailed with that that i would like to forwarn people of before they waste any time they may not have to waste

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i dont think of DDD as "third best" in the game anymore-- actually i never have ever thought of him in those regards. Such back track thinking is nonsense in every way possible. When i think about DDD all i think about is his smile and how happy it makes me feel when i play him.

I'll play to win, in my own way.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
nah nah nah, I want to see this.

CO, if he wont do it, I will.
20$ that you wont make top 10 at the next MLG that IM at. (since im unsure about raleigh...)

Top Bottom