• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I have a gRapist dog in my back yard. Discuss?

Jupz

Smash Master
Better kill moves? Fsmash, Uair and Waft say hello. Bair beats most of his aerials if shorthopped. He can also be gimped fairly easy and dies early. Matchups in our favour IMO. Just be patient.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
When I brought her into the room she immediately asked what was under the covers on the bed. I could see she was scared. So I laughed in that way that always makes people comfortable. You know, that kind of laugh that sounds like a blood fed baby panther? Anyway, Diary, from then on she was cool, no matter what she said or thought.
-From the Diary of Phil Spector

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Hydrograb to Dthrow, Usmash, all of Squirtle's Hydro**** and Fair say high, too..
The hydro stuff is mostly a gimmick tool that's meant to mess with your head and will only hurt you if you get intimidated, like Sonic's Spindashes. Just be careful about it and knock him out of it when he tries to approach with it and you'll be fine. Worse comes to worst, just camp him out for two minutes and he won't be able to kill anyone ever, except maybe Jigglypuff.

Hydrograbbing actually has much less range than it looks, only covering like a third or maybe a fourth of the range it looks like it has, and the range doesn't actually grow since Squirtle just slides, so I bet DDD could even grab him first if he tried. The usmash can just be outranged with ftilt, dtilt, or waddles or shielded normally, or probably even Inhaled or grabbed if you time it right. Hydo(anything else) is usually just lol.

Otherwise, Fair's no joke though. That move kills well when fresh and Squirtle isn't fatigued. Wario probably still kills much better than Squirtle, anyways, though. Fsmash, Waft, and Uair are just amazing and are both easier to hit with and kill earlier than pretty much anything Squirtle has. <<

.AC.

Smash Lord
picking up dedede again D:, too bad i always lose when i get figured out =(

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
D3 has probably been a guilty pleasure for most people. You aren't going to pick him because he can win you the match like Metaknight can, but he still gets labeled a n00b character and there has been a lot of negative connotation thrown his way.

.AC.

Smash Lord
well at least he doesnt get as much negative comments as some other characters, ddd can do some stuff,yet the fact other characters can do things that are much worse helps a little =)

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I've finally gotten a girlfriend, I can now go to the gym everyday for at least an hour, I can now tech chase with Falcon, and I've finally gotten my grades decent.

...Am I a jock, yet?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Guys, I just broke Aggron in the HG/SS metagame O_O

So check this, Aggron's greatest weakness is his major weaknesses, right? Yet, that Head Smash is major, major trouble for anyone who gets his by it. Setting up a choice scarfed Head Smash from Aggron is major trouble for anyone. Well, an easy fix I found: U-turn. Imagine, I'm setting up with Azelf, who has levitate. Your pokemon are generally either:

Metagross
Aerodactyl
Or another Azelf

Neither one of these pokemon are going to Earthquake Azelf because of levitate. So, if I predict well, I get my Aggron in, and laugh off the tiny hit. From there, my choice scarfed Aggron outruns Metagross. From there the Aggron eathquackes the Metagross, killing him since he was earlier hit with a u-turn from Azelf. Switching into Aerodactyl is a horrible idea, unless the user knows that the Aerodactyl opted out of earthquake (as most do) for ice fang. If he does, Aerodactyl can't really harm Aggron, and Aggron Head Smashes it for the kill. For

Now we've established that all three of these pokemon are dead upon arrival. So, what can they do next? Let's review the list of pokemon that can survive upon switch in the head smash within OU.

Pokemon that will take at least half damage with max EVs and no stealth rocks that Uxie set up:
Azelf
Aerodactyl
Blissy
Celebi
Dragonite
Dusknoir
Elective
Gliscor
Gengar
Gyardose
Hatran
Heracross
Infernape
Jolteon
Kingdra
Latias
Mamoswine
Ninjask
Porygon-z
Roserade
The Rotoms
Salamence
Scizor
Skarmory
Smegal
Snorlax
Starmie
Suicune
Tentacruel
Togekiss
Vapereon
Weavile
Swampert

Ify- Tyranitar

Pokemon that can without taking half damage, not including the stealth rocks and non boosted nature just to be conservative:
Bronzong
Creseila
Empeleon
Fortress
Flygon
Hippowdon
Jirachi
Lucario
Machamp
Magnezone
Swampert

So, from there, we look at what pokemon can actually harm him upon arrival, upon switch in, assuming he used Head Smash.

Swampert is the most obvious. That is some really scary stuff for him. However, Swampert still can't outrun him, so he could be eating another head smash. That equals 80 percent, plus 15 percent from stealth rocks.
Lucario and Flygon are the best options to switch in. Most other pokemon will have large problems with the choice scarfed head smash.

But, Logan, you say, this will only work off of a lead. True, but stopping Azelf is next to impossible. Then you forget something else. Scizor U-turn into Aggron. I can pull Aggron out whenever I want with successful prediction, and when choice scarfed, he can out run a great deal actually.

In short, Aggron kicks major ***.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Aggron sucks, sorry try again.
Alsoooo
of the top of my headddd iron defense registeel walls the **** out of this.
Really anything with decent defensive typing could wall this set.
Or rather wall Head smash....
Also foretress sets up all over you =/

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Aggron sucks balls. You suck balls.

Why the **** would you even bring it up? Metagross, Gliscor, Machamp, Tyranitar, Infenape, Salamence and Scizor are the most common Pokemon in OU, in fact I doubt Latias won't have much trouble bringing it down lol. Pokemon "A" won't use Earthquake on the Pokemon you mentioned, but it's already likely to carry Earthquake, Close Combat, or Superpower. Aggron's slow as hell, lacks a reliable way of healing and its coverage is on par with Cresselia's lol.

Hell, Rampardos is more viable than that useless ****.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Guys, Crashic can't test out how bad Aggron is by himself, his copy of ShoddyBattle is broken.

I didn't think that anybody else here actually reads things out of curiosity besides myself and you.
He doesn't, he just didn't realize he got trolled.

Crashic can't read, all his books are broken.

Top Bottom