• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Really good snakes can be a problem sometimes.
You've got to literally apply everything you know about the matchup, because once a good snake see's one of dedede's little tricks they usually don't fall for it again.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Yeah, there is this guy in michigan named boxxy, he is really good with snake and is rising really fast. He also secondaries dedede, so that didn't help. I would get him down to one stock most of the time but he just kept doing what snake does best and overall outplayed me.

Coney

Smash Master
I can't play snake atm

But dair also goes through mortar even if it hits you on the top.
nuh-uh

i tried dair'ing a mortar the other day, didn't work

bair and nair beat it, but i'm pretty sure dair gets beat out unless maybe you make a direct hit with the hammer

use nair, it looks funny and doesn't stale one of your best moves

or you could use bair and stale it, i love doing that against snakes :3

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Sorry for making Albino or anybody else feel bad about how I've represented. :(
It's only me that makes everybody's emotions feel the opposite, instead of somebody else making them excited. I can understand because I'm different......

And Pink Fresh do you know Coney in real life over there in Maryland?
I know him irl. =D

I'm going to try and team with him. It'll be like AiB, but irl.
Lol what the ****kss?
**** you dom lol, and no beef you're wrong I'm extremely proud of your success.
Congratulations for beating Haze and Hall on Sat! =]
I just get sick of seeing the same thing over, and over, and over. Repetition is an easy way to piss me off. =/
*Hugs* for everyone =D
=O you didn't take the bait.

*slowly slides next to albino*

ALSO, I'M PICKING UP DDD FOR SNAKE.

but...

knowing me I'll probably drop him, amd just go all Lucas. =/

Gates

Banned via Warnings
100 pages.

Meanwhile, I finally can play game and watch without being a total scrub. Was wrecking them yesterday at the tourney. Beat Lain's game and watch too, but of course he switched to ICs and got the win anyway.

I use to not be able to fight game and watches.

Also thank you all, a lot of info from the threads really helped me out against people. I seem to have trouble with the snake matchup now though :(
Well first of all, lain's G&W is of dubious skill at best. I only saw part of the match but it looked like lain only sorta knew what he was doing. Obviously lain is an amazing player and nobody he plays is going to truly suck, I'm just saying.

Also, lain actually mentioned after the match to me and he said that dair camping really worked. We briefly talked about Seibrik and the general consensus was that dair camping does help in the matchup but it doesn't make it in Dedede's favor.

Yeah, there is this guy in michigan named boxxy, he is really good with snake and is rising really fast. He also secondaries dedede, so that didn't help. I would get him down to one stock most of the time but he just kept doing what snake does best and overall outplayed me.
To say that Boxxy secondaries Dedede isn't entirely accurate. It's more like he secondaries all the high tiers and random mid/low tiers like Fox and PT. We joked about how he's like Azen at that tourney.

I'm the opposite lol, I'm good against snakes but suck against G&W.
One thing that really helped me against G&W was when I learned how to see their jump-ins coming and stuff them with ftilts and bairs. Practice that and you'll do much better against G&W.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
100 pages.

Well first of all, lain's G&W is of dubious skill at best. I only saw part of the match but it looked like lain only sorta knew what he was doing. Obviously lain is an amazing player and nobody he plays is going to truly suck, I'm just saying.

Also, lain actually mentioned after the match to me and he said that dair camping really worked. We briefly talked about Seibrik and the general consensus was that dair camping does help in the matchup but it doesn't make it in Dedede's favor.

To say that Boxxy secondaries Dedede isn't entirely accurate. It's more like he secondaries all the high tiers and random mid/low tiers like Fox and PT. We joked about how he's like Azen at that tourney.

One thing that really helped me against G&W was when I learned how to see their jump-ins coming and stuff them with ftilts and bairs. Practice that and you'll do much better against G&W.
The fact is, I would lose to game and watch regardless all the time. I basically played it right and punished him every time he baired me because I would SDI it or just bair it back. plus up air helped a lot since it shuts down his dair.

Dair camping may help but his Uair camping hits us harder if we do that. Dedede is just too slow for ICs and has to come down sometime if he isn't at battlefield. I used up b after my jumps to get to the platform on SV LOL

Boxxy used dedede in tourney, and he knew the matchup regardless

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I didn't mean to belittle your accomplishments. It's good that you can beat G&W now.

Boxxy also used MK in tourney. He was going around asking for Iron Man money matches against people and playing Fox and PT in friendlies. The dude mains Snake, but he has no true secondary.

lain

Smash Master
I honestly feel like AtotheZ played the matchup right. He uaired my dairs, utilted me when I was in too deep, and baired at the right times to keep my G&W shut down. He also shielded by bairs correctly and smash di'ed them fantastically. Good shiz =] You're looking more like me

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I honestly feel like AtotheZ played the matchup right. He uaired my dairs, utilted me when I was in too deep, and baired at the right times to keep my G&W shut down. He also shielded by bairs correctly and smash di'ed them fantastically. Good shiz =] You're looking more like me
Thank you for the input Lain <3

I look forward to facing you again :)

Jupz

Smash Master
For me the hardest part in the G&W matchup is getting juggled. Whenever I try to Dair camp he just Uairs me and starts juggling.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
So G&W is hard for a lot of Dededes to fight? :o That's one of my favorite matchups with him... probably because it's the first one I ever learned with him :p The juggling can get annoying though :/ And I'm usually scared of accidentally throwing a waddle doo.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
The point of the game and watch match up is not to let him get under you. Or you will take a nice 30% combo and be in a much better position.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I must Admirably admit that this thread Generally amuses me, and sometimes even arouses my Private with all of its clever word play.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
When I first came here, I had the same avatar for like 6 months, then someone complained that it kept scaring them, so I changed it to Anemone.

My first:

Then came:

Which lasted for a few months. Then I got the pink name, and started having fun:

Next came my Kiki:

Then there was batman, that didn't work out.
I drifted back and forth between old avatars for a while.

Now I'm using this avatar, and am waiting for a friend of mine with premium to prank me so it matches. I'll have this avatar for about a month.

After that, I'll use this:

Maybe I put too much thought in my avatars???
Oh well.

BACK TO SERIOUS DISCUSSION:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yes, Serin, because every picture of a black man in this thread is supposed to be you.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Yes, Serin, because every picture of a black man in this thread is supposed to be you.
I think I just found myself yet another new sig. Even though I got a new one around an hour ago.

Top Bottom