• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
You might be able to get some housing, but staying in the hotel was really worth the cost last time. I know it's more money you'd have to commit to the tourney, but I would definitely try to find a way to save up a little extra for a spot in a hotel room.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
A split hotel would cost just as much as housing and it's were the heart of the experience lies. The tourney is amazing on its own, but when combined with the BEST hotel experience of any tourney, it will make this the best smash experience for you.

The hotel is an outdoor one (as in you jump room to room outside), it's cheap, the owners don't care if you're loud, and it's so much fun.

Trust me if you can, get a hotel room. See if anyone will let you stay in theres for 10 or 10 a night or something.

Good luck.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
You might be able to get some housing, but staying in the hotel was really worth the cost last time. I know it's more money you'd have to commit to the tourney, but I would definitely try to find a way to save up a little extra for a spot in a hotel room.
A split hotel would cost just as much as housing and it's were the heart of the experience lies. The tourney is amazing on its own, but when combined with the BEST hotel experience of any tourney, it will make this the best smash experience for you.

The hotel is an outdoor one (as in you jump room to room outside), it's cheap, the owners don't care if you're loud, and it's so much fun.

Trust me if you can, get a hotel room. See if anyone will let you stay in theres for 10 or 10 a night or something.

Good luck.
Sorry droogies but this is only my 2nd time setting up travel arrangement and stuff for a major tourney. I'm mostly just worried about cost since I really don't have a source of income at the moment but I will definitely attempt to get a hotel room.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Sorry droogies but this is only my 2nd time setting up travel arrangement and stuff for a major tourney. I'm mostly just worried about cost since I really don't have a source of income at the moment but I will definitely attempt to get a hotel room.
In no way shape or form is this an attempt to one up you. But genesis 1 was both mine and my bros first OOS tourney that we went to and did all of the arranging for. Money can be tight, but the hotel is going to be about 20 or 30 for the whole weekend. The experience is well worth the price.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
In no way shape or form is this an attempt to one up you. But genesis 1 was both mine and my bros first OOS tourney that we went to and did all of the arranging for. Money can be tight, but the hotel is going to be about 20 or 30 for the whole weekend. The experience is well worth the price.
Does the Ramada Inn charge per person or per room? How much is one room for 3 days and how many people can fit comfortably in a room?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Does the Ramada Inn charge per person or per room? How much is one room for 3 days and how many people can fit comfortably in a room?
No it's per night that they charge.

however I roomed in one night: Jman, Fzero, Twin1, myself, 3 other New Mexico players, mango, and Hbox (I believe. Can't remember if he was there). 2 per bed and the rest on the floor. And we were fine.

To quote mango before Gen1: Smashers don't need comfort.

Basically, if you are fine sleeping on the floor then you'll be good. There is plenty of room for 7 or so with room to roll over. You could probably fit 10 in there if needed. No lies.

EDIT: I can't remember the exact price per night but I want to say it was 50 or so. It's extremely cheap because it's not a high quality place. However that's perfect for smashers. you get a good continental breakfast and everywhere you walk it's familiar faces and it's warm outside. I'll try finding the site. Seriously, the trick for smashers is to avoid quality and instead give them freedom. thats what Ramada Inn does (...armada inn... ok nevermind)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
if you give smashers something nice they **** all over it (or even if it isnt something nice, sup wit it nct)
thus i have realized, and such makes my life a living hell. LOL

"THIS IS WHY YOU CANT HAVE NICE THINGS"

i wont be living in cali by the time this coming around but i still wanna come sorta ><

strawhats

Smash Master
btw guys im definitely coming to this, booking a flight around february probably
Falcon RR tourney?

SS
Scar
S2J
GG7
Fuzzyness
Hax
Darkrain

ISAI WHERE U AT?

this tourney seems to be getting a **** load of international attention.

I'd say jiano and greg but i dont know if they would go to this.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
This my friend is where we disagree

*slams down hat*
*Picks up your hat and dusts it off*

It is nice staying in a Hyatt or Marriott I agree. However having to worry about being too loud, people breaking expensive things, people passing out in the lobby (ah yes the memory that won't die :p), and high prices make it tricky. Ramada you can pass out on the grass outside and no one will care. They'd carry you back to your room if you're lucky and that would be about it haha.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
yeah I'd enter the falcon round robin and rep europe :) Plus it would be amazing to have a serious game with each falcon main anyway :p

Can show you my wacky tea drinking falcon abilities!

FoD son

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
*Picks up your hat and dusts it off*

It is nice staying in a Hyatt or Marriott I agree. However having to worry about being too loud, people breaking expensive things, people passing out in the lobby (ah yes the memory that won't die :p), and high prices make it tricky. Ramada you can pass out on the grass outside and no one will care. They'd carry you back to your room if you're lucky and that would be about it haha.
Hahahaha I def hear you, it's all about what you want to get out of the experience. I love them both in different ways. I'd be more tempted to have a competitive mindset at pound, whereas at genesis I would more want to let loose and have fun since all those things that you said are true :-D

f0cus

Smash Cadet
YES! how can i contact king about all the belongings that were left at the venue from the last genesis? i'd like my stuff back after more than a year LOL

WassupJB

Smash Lord
WOOOOOOO....GENESIS 2??!!?!?! oh man am i late to hear about this..wow...i may be on deployment...but if im not...then im soooooooooooo there...
late as all hell.

YES! how can i contact king about all the belongings that were left at the venue from the last genesis? i'd like my stuff back after more than a year LOL
lol this is hilarious.
^^^^^^woooord. you're shiits gone son. niiggas left tv's, cars, keys, clothes, backpacks, playboys, umbrellas, laptops, fans, controllers, lamps...niigga you name it, it was left there. at times many smashers are some forgetful, inconsiderate, in-the-moment dumba.sses.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
late as all hell.

^^^^^^woooord. you're shiits gone son. niiggas left tv's, cars, keys, clothes, backpacks, playboys, umbrellas, laptops, fans, controllers, lamps...niigga you name it, it was left there. at times many smashers are some forgetful, inconsiderate, in-the-moment dumba.sses.

hell yah..late as hell indeed...but i dont really care...lol...IM GOING!!!!

@f0cus...your stuff was apparently worth $2.50 at the Genesis leftovers garage sale...come see me for your money...lol jk

Alukard

Smash Hero

X-Vena

Smash Cadet
les dejo un video que me gusta mucho

javi vs ex ( que tan bueno es javi ?, lo sabremos en el torneo, ojala y quede dentro del top 5 )

Ex es la mejor peach de mexico, no hace dash ni float cancel, aun asi tiene algo especial su peach

si alguien quiere traducir este mensaje se lo agradeceria, estare subiendo mas videos de smashers mexicanos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoiX-WMPPPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jxrQ8lhQbQ

Yttuty

Smash Apprentice
les dejo un video que me gusta mucho

javi vs ex ( que tan bueno es javi ?, lo sabremos en el torneo, ojala y quede dentro del top 5 )

Ex es la mejor peach de mexico, no hace dash ni float cancel, aun asi tiene algo especial su peach

si alguien quiere traducir este mensaje se lo agradeceria, estare subiendo mas videos de smashers mexicanos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoiX-WMPPPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jxrQ8lhQbQ
here's a vid that I like a lot

javi vs ex ( how good's javi? well see at the tourney, hope he gets top 5 )

Ex's the best peach here in mexico, he doesnt wavedashes or float cancels, but his peach still has something special in it

WassupJB

Smash Lord
sorry, mooninite leader.

not possible.

you'll have to stick to taking one game off of good players like shroomed and silent spectre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom