• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB&J

Smash Hero
so i might come to cali early too like aramda and aniolas..cali is cool and i want to get the full exp and 4-5 days aint enuff..ill prb make like a movie/documentary just for genesis 2..i can start recoding footage now..

genesis 2 is going to be amazing

M4xX

Smash Cadet
Does anyone wanna MM my Falco? I know this isn't gonna happen for like almost a year, but I guess I'll go ahead and start asking now lol.
What about a 3 bucks MM? I'm not so sure how much I will bring, but sure can afford a 3 bucks MM. Falco ditto :D.

AXE 09

Smash Master
What about a 3 bucks MM? I'm not so sure how much I will bring, but sure can afford a 3 bucks MM. Falco ditto :D.
I'm definitely up for this man! Sounds good haha.

If you wanna extend this, we could do 3 MMs for $1 each :)

M4xX

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely up for this man! Sounds good haha.

If you wanna extend this, we could do 3 MMs for $1 each :)
So if we do 100 MM for $0.10 each, we could spend the whole night playing together? <3 :embarrass:

LOL. J/k. 3 MM for $1 sounds great :D.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
wow.. mexico is gonna tap at this.

i remember talking to eddy-mexico at genesis, and he was telling me about the mexico smash scene.
I asked him if he was the best player in mexico, and he told me that he wasn't even near javi and twin's skill level.

if a player at nowhere near javi and twin's skill level can beat a player like colbol(eddy mexico did this at genesis), then how good are javi and twin?

i wouldn't be surprised if we say a JAVI/TWIN vs Armada in finals!

Edit::

javi & twin from 2006.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_4v5wRKhro

Wow...

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
yeah i remember me and kenny watching javi and twin videos from back in the day. man javi was like the first person i ever saw to do double shine spikes. hella cracked out and intense for their time.

PB&J

Smash Hero
if javi and tuga come..this tounry will be so sick..i bet both of them will get top 5..ive been watching them alot recently..they are good..alot of the mexicans are..im pretty hyped about it..

tw1n

Smash Champion
I asked him if he was the best player in mexico, and he told me that he wasn't even near javi and twin's skill level.
Really? When I asked him about the twins, he told me he never played them because of how far away they lived from each other...

I think that if they come they will do well, but I really doubt they'll get top 5. Sorry but high tech skill doesn't mean guaranteed top placing. I wanna see how they handle playing against Mango, HBox, Armada, Axe and others who are used to fast technical players...

Although if I recall correctly, people said they'd be surprised if Armada made top 5 at genesis lol. So we never know.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
WOOOOOO! Go twins!!!

I don't think Mexico has any high ranking puff of pikachu players though (can anyone confirm this?). So if/when they run into Axe or Hbox then it could be trouble for them.

I'm more interested in seeing their teamwork to be honest. How will they stack up against the worlds best?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
Really? When I asked him about the twins, he told me he never played them because of how far away they lived from each other...

I think that if they come they will do well, but I really doubt they'll get top 5. Sorry but high tech skill doesn't mean guaranteed top placing. I wanna see how they handle playing against Mango, HBox, Armada, Axe and others who are used to fast technical players...

Although if I recall correctly, people said they'd be surprised if Armada made top 5 at genesis lol. So we never know.
lol never count anybody out =)

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
yeah eddie also told me the same thing about them being too far when i asked him about javi and tuga.

i don't think using eddie mexico being worse than javi/tuga as an example for beating people like colbol is fair, considering he's a luigi, there's like 5 of those in the world, compared to all the top tier players. Don't forget a luigi main almost always knows the matchup better than the top tiers hes playing against.

i do agree it's not fair to count them out, but our last experience with armada was a little different given the style of peach, it's hard to say javi and twin could come and do something people weren't expecting out of the space animals. i guess if they're techskill is crazy fast and onpoint, but i dunno.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Oh god yes! Javi and Twin/Tuga in Teams will be up to par with M2K/Jman, Aniolas/Armada, Mango/Lucky and seeing them in Singles against everyone.

Genesis 1: Armada, Genesis 2: Javi.

Also Javi vs Jman, Armada and M2K would all be so sick.

HYPE!

M4xX

Smash Cadet
Sorry but high tech skill doesn't mean guaranteed top placing.
Oh! but they aren't the best here in Mexico 'cuz of their tech skill. I really don't have ANY idea how would they do against, for example, M2K. I'm just saying they are not just speed and tech skill.

In a very very personal way, I think of Javi like a fusion betwen Silent Wolf with Jman. Obviously is a personal conclusion.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Yu, who has played Texas people, says that Twin is about as good as Darkrain and that Javi is on another level.

While one person's thoughts aren't the most reliable means of drawing a conclusion, I am pretty confident that Javi will do extremely well.

t3h Icy

Smash Master

Lol, have you ever actually watched videos of Javi? He's like a technical Jman.

PB&J

Smash Hero
jman is pretty technical..but i think most people dont know how to see alot of mind games with players that are fast ..if u watch them closely, u can def see how smart they are but people only see how technical they are..i m sure both of them will do good..

Genesis 2 is going to be sick

i heard japan might come too..ahh ****

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
im gonna edit this post later, and show you guys some javi/twin videos.

most of you guys think that theyre just tech skill lol...

if you pay close attention to some of the stuff they do, its really mindblowing.

but for now, i gotta study for finals ^_^

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
im gonna edit this post later, and show you guys some javi/twin videos.

most of you guys think that theyre just tech skill lol...

if you pay close attention to some of the stuff they do, its really mindblowing.

but for now, i gotta study for finals ^_^
yeah, they play extremely smart and spacy, but i think a lot of people dont notice it because they are also very technical and its easy to get too focused on that.

good luck on your finals, see ya down here soon baby boo ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom