• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Tech skill means nothing if you cant hit your opponent. Reading your opponent means nothing if you cant get anything off of it.
And this, right here, is why you are one of my favorite players.

I think Javi and Twin will do really well. First place? Not likely. Top 5? It's a stretch. Brackets and winning the first few matches? Definitely.

All I know is (despite the fact that we'll most likely get walked on), I want to do the Mexico Twins vs New Mexico twins matches. Money on the line or not haha.

And you don't get to be the best of your country by having just superb tech skill. Mental set (better term there Pocky?) is huge.

PB&J

Smash Hero
m2k almost lost to colbol @ to5 . hes not unbeatable ..just the best vs fox

i see the falco player giving him more trouble though

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
wow im so mad i did not post in this thread yet best tourney i have ever been too best hotel i have ever been too

genesis= best tourney of all time

who know what genesis 2 will be like

btw deff goin to be defending my teams title with m2k =)

joeplicate

Smash Master
word @ jason

everyone's kinda dumb about the way people get better
they assume a lot about the conditions smashers were raised in

like "oh it's mexico, since m2k doesn't exist there they probably suck", or since they don't have mango they don't know how to play the game smart at all

the only people who *really* take advantage of the US's huge competitive scene are jman, hbox, pp, axe to a degree, lucky/mango, and other players of that caliber. so i guess my prediction is that they're like where peepee was a year ago--not quite up to the national level, but really damn good and able to turn heads/beat names.

also, they've been at the top of their scene for several years. 4 or 5, right? that's a ****load of experience, man; enough to match pc or shiz or something. atlus and rickety went to a big tourney in mexico, and they said that EX (the peach player) and the fox player in finals were probably a little bit below lucky's level.

that **** is exciting, man!!! get hype!!!

also sorry if this post sounded like **** it's mad late lol

PB&J

Smash Hero
replicate knows whats up

cash mooney went there earlier this year and said they are really good.

seems like only good news comes back from the players who go there..i expect them to **** honestly. they are prob going to train extra hard now

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
replicate knows whats up

cash mooney went there earlier this year and said they are really good.

seems like only good news comes back from the players who go there..i expect them to **** honestly. they are prob going to train extra hard now
They're absolutely disgusting. Javi is a monster. I was really, really lucky to play with him. I shouldn't have even been to Mexico haha. It was a family thing.

Also, I wouldn't say EX and Maxi are near Lucky's level. They're still very good, though.

Ex, Maxi, the Twins, and Eddy are all very impressive.

But Javi is really on another level.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
word @ jason

everyone's kinda dumb about the way people get better
they assume a lot about the conditions smashers were raised in

like "oh it's mexico, since m2k doesn't exist there they probably suck", or since they don't have mango they don't know how to play the game smart at all
True to an extent. It's hard to get smarter when you try to out think a brick.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I laughed pretty hard at your post bro. then it reminded me of this joke:

What's the difference between a blonde and a brick?

The brick doesn't follow you home after you lay it.

And I laughed even more.

Anyways, we all hope the twins do well (and one more time. WOOOO! GO TWINS!). but what other smashers from OOC do we hope to do well? I'm looking forward to seeing CalleW personally.

strawhats

Smash Master
I laughed pretty hard at your post bro. then it reminded me of this joke:

What's the difference between a blonde and a brick?

The brick doesn't follow you home after you lay it.

And I laughed even more.

Anyways, we all hope the twins do well (and one more time. WOOOO! GO TWINS!). but what other smashers from OOC do we hope to do well? I'm looking forward to seeing CalleW personally.
Alot of Swedes, and Dutch (Europeans in general) have been saving up for this tourney so I've heard hence why armada wasn't going to Pound 5 (thank God for the Good Player Fund)

I really wanna see Javi/Dark/Tuga vs. Armada/Amsah

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Armada, Calle W and other Swedes
Mexico (finally! :D)
Dutchies

A lot. HDL and some of the Europeans aren't going here though since they're going to Pound 5.

Also I think Good Player Fund for Chile would be neat, but it might be a bit disappointing if they don't do superbly. I'm sure they would all make bracket (though probably not because of all the death pools bound to happen), but I'm thinking top 17 max for Dark.

Javi though....

ProsmasherTim

Smash Journeyman
interested =D maybe I will be there together with Ice, Jon_a$$ and Zetroxx from Germany...

I wanna play against SilentWolf =D Techskill battle deluxe ;)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Is it safe to ask if anyone is housing? It would make planning/paying for the trip awhole lot easier for me. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom