• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to need almost 1400 dollars to make this, if I make that despite my school, I am here, no exceptions.
Holland in the house, maybe.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Geez this thread has a ton of posts already, this is ridiculous!

I guess that means that I have no choice but to come to this lol.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Any WC wanna team with my falco, or if you are a falco, with my fox.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
this is why furries shouldn't be allowed to have internet access
You know whats weird? Furries only seem to play Brawl, even though the 2 best characters in Melee are basically anthropomorphic animals.

And Lucario isn't even that good.

SILLY FURRIES.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
this sounds very promising + i've got a whole year to save up money :D

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
just want to emphasize that genesis 1 was a learning experience for all of us.

coming into it, we had no idea what to expect. (with over 1000 people pre registered online)

this time will be different, because we know what to expect and how to handle them. either way, it will be a tournament you do not want to miss..

also, the actions of others (the **** brawl chant) cant be pinned on us. if someone wants to start chanting **** brawl, and gets the whole room in on it, how do you expect us to shut everyone up? it is what it is.

i was honestly expecting brawl people to start a **** melee chant to get back at them.

either way, its all in good fun.

dont let those things keep you from coming to genesis 2. you really dont want to miss it
uhhh i would hope as a T.O you would be able to stop that lol. i dont see a whole room chanting **** brawl as good fun.

Just use a big mircophone or something and calm it down before it gets to loud. If the melee community respects u, they should stop.

edit: god this poky D dudes post are terrible...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
uhhh i would hope as a T.O you would be able to stop that lol. i dont see a whole room chanting **** brawl as good fun.

Just use a big mircophone or something and calm it down before it gets to loud. If the melee community respects u, they should stop.
When he said a room full of people, he means a room of ~500 people yelling at the top of their lungs

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
what about GENESIS 2: CODE NAME EXODUS
or GENESIS 2: THE EXODUS

that way you get the cool name and genesis is still recognized
when it gets to numbers...you just make a cool title that is basicallyGENESIS 4: *something* NUMBERS

in any case

i am hyped

sidefx

Smash Champion

edit: god this poky D dudes post are terrible...

yeah, we had speakers set up around the venue, and no one could hear **** over that chant.

if brawl was doing it, i wouldnt care either. its a sibling rivalry that isnt as serious as people make it out to be.

thats why it wasnt a big deal to not stop them chanting. its all in good fun.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yeah, we had speakers set up around the venue, and no one could hear **** over that chant.

if brawl was doing it, i wouldnt care either. its a sibling rivalry that isnt as serious as people make it out to be.

thats why it wasnt a big deal to not stop them chanting. its all in good fun.
i hear ya, well it's just good it wont happen again.. hopefully.

and lul at Ally's last post.

Sidefx, you think you can help me get the 2nd most hyped Melee stup to record on? I can record stuff in really good quality.

Also, how fast is the internet connection at the hotel. You know? I upload footage straight to youtube without any need to separate anything since I record individual sets to individual files. I could probably upload stuff every night I'm at the hotel when I sleep.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Anyone want to house me? I'm willing to pay a decent amount of money....and I smell good. :D
stay at the hotel

you wont regret it. literally the entire hotel was smashers last time and it was amazing :laugh:

plus the hotel itself isnt expensive and its one of those who arent on the lookout on how many you stuff in a room. although i personally cant do more than 6-7 in the same room unless they are all really close friends

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Also, how fast is the internet connection at the hotel. You know? I upload footage straight to youtube without any need to separate anything since I record individual sets to individual files. I could probably upload stuff every night I'm at the hotel when I sleep.
internet at the hotel wasnt that bad i think

sidefx

Smash Champion
Sidefx, you think you can help me get the 2nd most hyped Melee stup to record on? I can record stuff in really good quality.

sounds good to me.

ill fill you in on details as the tournament draws closer

but once we go to the hotel to set up our discount deals with the manager, ill take a speed test and see how fast the d/l and u/l is

internet at the hotel wasnt that bad i think
But is it 15 Mb per second good?

My Apex videos folder was 40 GB. 1 day is 13.3 GB of footage.

13,300 x 8 = 106,400mega bits

8 hours = 28,800 seconds

I'll need a connection with at least 5 mega bits per second upload speed. (Did I do math right?)

sounds good to me.

ill fill you in on details as the tournament draws closer

but once we go to the hotel to set up our discount deals with the manager, ill take a speed test and see how fast the d/l and u/l is
Sweet! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom