• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
keitaro i said cot 4 had 370 brawl entrants. or so i thought.

what was cot 4's brawl attendance?
Oh my fault. COT 4 had like 290 I think.

Edit: Actually 249.

Brawl has yet to get a tourney with as much entrants as Melee at Pound 4 which I find interesting.

sidefx

Smash Champion
there is now way to accommodate both equally imo.

the only way for it to sway to either side, will be the community and the people present at the tournament who will influence the hype for either side. that is out of our hands.

and im not saying that brawl will be **** on, and not respected. i just cant see a brawl finals ending the way melee did last year. i really cant.

we will be taking whatever effort to make sure both games have equal time to shine, its just that i cant really help that melee brings more hype to the table than brawl does. so its up to you guys to make or break the tournament experience

it is a world wide international event.. and to not have brawl simply wouldn't put genesis in the same light as other tournaments. and definitely wouldnt out do its self from last year.

@ chibo: i dont know what youre talking about, but for as long as i remembered, reading the RULES for a tournament would probably be on the list of things to do before entering a tournament of that magnitude. For M2K and Armada not knowing it was bo5 for SEMI'S is simply not the TO's problem. the problem was whether or not to redo the set, continue from where they left off, or to count it as a full set and award the winner the win.

i chose to award armada the win, because both parties involved did not know (again NOT our faults) that it was a bo5. I honestly thought it would be common sense.. but apparently not.

that was the only miscommunication as far as i know between the TO's not knowing what to do. so please do not shine a shady light on the whole production behind a tournament you probably couldnt even grasp your head around.

leave past drama out of this please. and move on.

if you feel as if we did you wrong in some sort of way? im not going to sit here and justify our actions. what happened is what happened, and a lot of it.. and i mean a LOT of it was due to the poor attitudes of a lot of people.

just an FYI... 7 hours into the first day of Genesis, we had 9 set ups.

and you wonder why it finished in a hotel room.

sidefx

Smash Champion
we will also look into costs of holding melee and brawl in separate halls if it calls for it.

but as you know, **** costs money. and money is tight. gotta get our fundraiser on

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
300 people for melee and 300 people for brawl does not necessarily equal 600 people. There were physically more people at Pound 4.

Also, Lovage and Eggm aren't nobodies. I know I'm still a nobody, but eh.
We had a separate list of people who entered both in order to make sure their pools for each game weren't at the same time. This list was about 40 people long, so unless fewer than like 10 people entered both at P4, Genesis had more people.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I play both games but this Melee/Brawl fight is so old, ya'll stay outdated as hell with it but I mean its not like anyone says anything in person, least from WC. P*ssy D didn't have **** to say when I was in his face at Pound 4, Wuss Coast da bes.

Will most def try to go!! :D

Heyy i can drive there:)
I'm tight about this. I thought this was Jblaze for a minute, **** someone get Marcus to come outta retirement.
If Melee people want to troll, We can get the brawl troll team to assemble for a all out flame thread.

;)
Sup bro? lololol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
na nothins from sidefx, it was an awesome tourney

the thing that irked me above all else was the **** brawl chant and the brawl hate thats already carrying over into this thread but its w/e

i still wanna come, genesis was amazing

fragbait

Smash Master
****ING HYPE!
I missed the first one, and in the words of the commentator on the Melee vid, "If you missed this tourney....you ****ed up"

I've heard him. I'll be here if I have to sell a kidney.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I play both games but this Melee/Brawl fight is so old, ya'll stay outdated as hell with it but I mean its not like anyone says anything in person, least from WC. P*ssy D didn't have **** to say when I was in his face at Pound 4, Wuss Coast da bes.

I'm tight about this. I thought this was Jblaze for a minute, **** someone get Marcus to come outta retirement.

Sup bro? lololol
LMAO MY ***** EE

YOU GOT IN POCKY FACE AND HE AiNT SAY ****TT?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wow, there should be no need for a wall lol, though apex was run with no prob. Has it really come to that?

wow, there should be no need for a wall lol, though apex was run with no prob. Has it really come to that?
Hopefully no. I don't think a wall did anything to help run Apex. I think Apex just had a lot of setups they needed.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
When will prices be put up?

Will prices be similar to the first Genesis?

links to first genesis prices yo =D

DEFINITELY WANT TO COME THROUGH FOR MY TRAP BROTHER FLAMEWAVEK. WASSUPS BRO<3
/TO respect edit

Sup EC bro <3

I enjoyed Genesis 1, definetely gonna enjoy genesis 2.

I missed the smash hotel last year :( stupid parents wanting to stay at a different hotel.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'm definitely gonna be there. Wouldn't miss this for anything. And I can bring 5 TVs for this boback as well as a few cubes and a wii

sidefx

Smash Champion
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3968
Here is the pricing info:
MANDATORY Venue Fee for all players - $20
Spectator Fee - $5
Melee Singles - $20
Melee Doubles - $15/person ($30/team)
Brawl Singles - $20
Brawl Doubles - $15/person ($30/team)

googled DBR Genesis and found it 1st page.

step up yo game EC brotha <3

but its just an estimate.. don't be surprised if they suddenly get higher.

I enjoyed Genesis 1, definetely gonna enjoy genesis 2.

I missed the smash hotel last year :( stupid parents wanting to stay at a different hotel.

please dont post that. thats not the pricing info. maybe it was for genesis, but **** will change for genesis2. so please do not go off of that

ANTi_

Smash Hero
The wall wasn't needed for Apex because the East Coast Melee People are way more mature than the West Coast *****s. real talk.

The King

Smash Ace
Dividing our communities at Genesis 2... not only figuratively but *literally*... is probably the furthest thing from our intentions. While the whole "brawl sucks" chanting certainly lent the tournament a certain atmosphere, and gave at least the melee attendees a bit of hype-enduced euphoria, it's definitely not something we condone as TO's or as human beings in general. It was mentioned before, that it happened pretty spontaneously, and once you have a room with dozens upon dozens of people chiming in their disrespect, it becomes exceedingly difficult to diffuse the situation through strength of decibel alone. lol.

That said, reverse-engineering a situation like that can show you exactly what went wrong along the course of a tournament to arrive at a situation like that in the first place. That situation ended up being the result of two different event's brackets being very much out of synch with each other's progress. What we had then, were late-bracket and extremely-hyped melee matches (due to Armada's inaugural presence) competing at projection screen time with mid-to-late brawl bracket matches. But when you reverse-engineer this situation even further... it spawned from a deficit of setups and resources for Brawl matches, along with a couple extremely unfortunate delays due to rule issues.

The best I can say at this point in time, is that we will be going the extra mile, both financially and precautiously, to insure to the best of our power that such a situation does not happen again.

And while every TO and smasher has an inherit love and preference for one title or the other, we will be doing everything in our power to put both titles on the same pedestal, providing ample resources to every event to ensure things run flawlessly this time around.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Dividing our communities at Genesis 2... not only figuratively but *literally*... is probably the furthest thing from our intentions. While the whole "brawl sucks" chanting certainly lent the tournament a certain atmosphere, and gave at least the melee attendees a bit of hype-enduced euphoria, it's definitely not something we condone as TO's or as human beings in general. It was mentioned before, that it happened pretty spontaneously, and once you have a room with dozens upon dozens of people chiming in their disrespect, it becomes exceedingly difficult to diffuse the situation through strength of decibel alone. lol.

That said, reverse-engineering a situation like that can show you exactly what went wrong along the course of a tournament to arrive at a situation like that in the first place. That situation ended up being the result of two different event's brackets being very much out of synch with each other's progress. What we had then, were late-bracket and extremely-hyped melee matches (due to Armada's inaugural presence) competing at projection screen time with mid-to-late brawl bracket matches. But when you reverse-engineer this situation even further... it spawned from a deficit of setups and resources for Brawl matches, along with a couple extremely unfortunate delays due to rule issues.

The best I can say at this point in time, is that we will be going the extra mile, both financially and precautiously, to insure to the best of our power that such a situation does not happen again.

And while every TO and smasher has an inherit love and preference for one title or the other, we will be doing everything in our power to put both titles on the same pedestal, providing ample resources to every event to ensure things run flawlessly this time around.
you forgot to say king out

ROMBO69

Smash Cadet
Guy on mic - Alright were gonna switch brawl to the projector

**** brawl **** brawl **** brawl **** brawl **** brawl

guy on mic - Alright mango vs armada.. LOOOL get punked

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Is there any way to run it so singles brackets for both games dont run at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom