• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ok this is gay, people keep saying I hate Brawl

so to get all the confusion out of the way...

I really like Brawl
I really like Melee

I just have phases where I hate Brawl and phases where I hate Melee. They go away.

I really enjoy both usually though
this is cool

I bet this tournament's gonna be great :D

now I have to imagine myself actually flying on a plane and actually going to the west coast. O_o

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
But is it 15 Mb per second good?

My Apex videos folder was 40 GB. 1 day is 13.3 GB of footage.

13,300 x 8 = 106,400mega bits

8 hours = 28,800 seconds

I'll need a connection with at least 5 mega bits per second upload speed. (Did I do math right?)

Sweet! Thanks!
8 bits per byte

B is byte

b is bit

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
L,FAFMDKAL I was thinking of posting that too XD!!!!! I can't stop laughinggggggggggggg

MasterShake

Smash Lord
**** yes. Best 72 hours of my life. **** location, **** people, **** finals, and most importantly, Melee ****ing *****!

Expect Melee to be the focus at this tourney again (and looool the **** brawl chant was amazing).

Can't ****ing wait for this.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Bottom line was, Brawl got practically no time on the projector, and whenever it tried to be switched all of the Melee players complained about it. The **** Brawl chant was straight up disrespectful. A lot of the pool captains for Brawl honestly didn't know what was going on, didn't know any of the rules, etc. The TOs themselves didn't remember the semi-finals Bo5 rule which potentially cost Mew2King the win vs Armada lol. The schedule for Brawl also flip flopped around a bit
Chibo: "Hey Neal, the next round of doubles winners bracket for Brawl is going to be tomorrow right?"
Neal: "Yea."
*Walks back to hotel and walks in the door*
Phone Call from someone: "Yo they just called you and Vex for doubles and are about to get DQ'd"

However on the flip side, Mango vs Armada was like the best thing ever in person for Smash
Got to meet tons of new people since it was me going to WC not WC coming to EC
Best Smash hotel ever

The Dojo vs DEHF debate was mega-lame though.

Overall I just felt like the TOs hardly cared about Brawl and didn't put that much work into it compared to Melee.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
**** yes. Best 72 hours of my life. **** location, **** people, **** finals, and most importantly, Melee ****ing *****!

Expect Melee to be the focus at this tourney again (and looool the **** brawl chant was amazing).

Can't ****ing wait for this.
yea.... Im not going to be coming due to this.

Ill just save my money for one of the other 10 nationals going down next year.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
Brawl got a second rate treatment because the brawl community (more specifically, the incredibly ****ty and worthless NorCal brawl community) dropped the ball on bringing set ups. Yeah, that's unfortunate for the people who traveled for brawl, but it isn't all on DBR.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Melee is getting too big for there to be room for both Melee & Brawl nowadays....

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Why are they even holding a brawl tourney at this event anyway?

RoM series went great as a melee only tourney. Dont see why this shouldnt be any different.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yea.... Im not going to be coming due to this.

Ill just save my money for one of the other 10 nationals going down next year.
please don't be bullied by melee people. especially the ones who suck at their own game.

Brawl niggs, stop being wuss's. So what lame melee people cast some chants. I can guarantee the T.o will step up this time.

There is no reason brawl at this should be less than 400 attendance. WC has a powerful brawl scene and will give lots of attendance. EC lets ride out there and rep.

please do not be bullied by salty melee players!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
This tourney was very successful for both Melee and Brawl reaching nearly 300 entrants each so it would make sense to keep Brawl imo. The more players the more money for venue too. And with a surplus in money, it can be used to make the tournament run even better.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol brawl hate. really? its been over 2 years..over 3 by the time this comes out.

i dont see what the big deal is. alot of the brawl players are the ones watching the melee matches. the crowds just wouldnt be as big (i know i watch the hype melee matches)

seriously though, calm down kids. you dont want to scare anyone off due to your sheer hate for a videogame. its like some people are e-thugs :laugh:

then again, cali is home of the blood/crips so they are used to gang-like hate. its in the history

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
double post for importance

keithgoose, you gonna try to go to this too? that would make me immensely happy

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
most of the brawl hate so far are by no names, why do brawl people get upset at this?

edit: yea gdx, best believe i will rep NC to the max. PP winning melee, trowa winning brawl, less go!

Keitaro

True Doll true, alot of really chill Melee players out there.
pound 4 was bigger than genesis 1
Was it really??

For some reason I have in my head that Melee and Brawl had almost 300 each for this while Pound 4 had 350ish for Melee and 200 for Brawl.

Edit: Preeeety sure I'm right.

Pound 4 = 347 + 202 = 549 entrants total
Genesis = 290 + 292 = 582 entrants total

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
300 people for melee and 300 people for brawl does not necessarily equal 600 people. There were physically more people at Pound 4.

Also, Lovage and Eggm aren't nobodies. I know I'm still a nobody, but eh.

Why are they even holding a brawl tourney at this event anyway?

RoM series went great as a melee only tourney. Dont see why this shouldnt be any different.
Doesn't every national favor one game over the other?
GENESIS Melee
Pound 4 Melee
Apex 2010 Brawl (although more evenly split that the first two. I don't like how the wall divided both communities)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
@ keitaro u thinking of cot 4

brawl had like 370 entrants bayb, no reason we cant get that again.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
If Melee people want to troll, We can get the brawl troll team to assemble for a all out flame thread.

;)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Doesn't every national favor one game over the other?
GENESIS Melee
Pound 4 Melee
Apex 2010 Brawl (although more evenly split that the first two. Apex was advertised as more of a Brawl event than Melee. I don't like how the wall divided both communities)
agreed, that wall was sort of awkward. at pound 4 and genesis i got a huge dose of melee even just by looking behind me at the projector. i felt like i was hardly a part of apex melee but its w/e

genesis had a much better turnout than pound 4 for brawl but pound 4 had more melee entrants iirc

in terms of melee entrants doesn't it go
pound 4 > genesis > pound 3?
and for brawl:
axis > genesis > apex 2010 > mlg columbus > cot4

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
@ ADHD: Cause its F-ing Genesis lol! Wasn't pt 1 overall the biggest smash tourney to date?

Who is this man (or kid) I don't like already?
hahaaha youre so insecure about your precious game and community that you put m2k saying he likes brawl in your signature :3

THATS SO CUTE!

youre like a middle schooler all like worried about fitting in and what ppl think of u and stuff

aww <3

Keitaro

300 people for melee and 300 people for brawl does not necessarily equal 600 people. There were physically more people at Pound 4.
??

I'm curious as to how more people were at Pound 4 than Genesis 1 while Genesis had 50 more entrants.

I understand that people could have came just to chill more at Pound than at Genesis but thats a big difference.

@ keitaro u thinking of cot 4

brawl had like 370 entrants bayb, no reason we cant get that again.
:0 So confused.

You're saying brawl had 370 entrants at the last Genesis???

Pretty sure it was 292

hahaaha youre so insecure about your precious game and community that you put m2k saying he likes brawl in your signature :3

THATS SO CUTE!

youre like a middle schooler all like worried about fitting in and what ppl think of u and stuff

aww <3
Much cuter than you :p

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Largest brawl tournament = Axis

303 Entrants.

Nothing passed it.

**** was ****in LAWLESS last year
you gotta come anti

needless to say ill sell my soul to get to this
FUKKIN LEGIT.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
keitaro i said cot 4 had 370 brawl entrants. or so i thought.

what was cot 4's brawl attendance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom