• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I play both games but this Melee/Brawl fight is so old, ya'll stay outdated as hell with it but I mean its not like anyone says anything in person, least from WC. P*ssy D didn't have **** to say when I was in his face at Pound 4, Wuss Coast da bes.
haha

who are you?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Dividing our communities at Genesis 2... not only figuratively but *literally*... is probably the furthest thing from our intentions. While the whole "brawl sucks" chanting certainly lent the tournament a certain atmosphere, and gave at least the melee attendees a bit of hype-enduced euphoria, it's definitely not something we condone as TO's or as human beings in general. It was mentioned before, that it happened pretty spontaneously, and once you have a room with dozens upon dozens of people chiming in their disrespect, it becomes exceedingly difficult to diffuse the situation through strength of decibel alone. lol.
This to me kinda sounds like

"well we dont really WANT people to bash brawl, but if they do, and it makes them happy and builds melee hype, than we really dont care."

Works when $ aint a factor.

I have local 30 man tourneys with 2 projectors and another on deck. they arent hard to come by.

sidefx

Smash Champion
if they have the money for trophies, they have the money for another projector.
its not even about having only one projector.

sure one projector isnt much

but then you have to pay for another switch board to take care of the sound, and pay for the speakers for everyone to hear the match, and also pay for the projector screen, not to mention set aside and take time out to set up another whole area dedicated to the projector, which really isnt any room for, oh and dont forget power. theres only 2 fuses capable of supplying all that power for that equipment and its already being used for the first projector.

=) all these behind the scene stuff add up.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
its not even about having only one projector.

sure one projector isnt much

but then you have to pay for another switch board to take care of the sound, and pay for the speakers for everyone to hear the match, and also pay for the projector screen, not to mention set aside and take time out to set up another whole area dedicated to the projector, which really isnt any room for, oh and dont forget power. theres only 2 fuses capable of supplying all that power for that equipment and its already being used for the first projector.

=) all these behind the scene stuff add up.
well if you wanted to be fair to both games you could just ditch the sound for both and let people...watch their matches on the projector.

but seeing as how we're in the 21st century and all, I don't know how legit power concerns can be, lol. though I will take your word for it ofc.

sidefx

Smash Champion
its an old building.

the circuits are old, and frankly we were surprised that it held up.

and id rather not skimp out on the quality of this tournament to hand feed a hand ful of people who want to watch something on a big screen.

they will both be up there, and both get the time they deserve. why are we still talking about this

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Ill team with you

=D
Lets do it

Yo someone team with this guy. He's a ****in monster.

Oh and on that note somebody team with me in Melee. I crushed HBK's marth 3-0 in a MM.
Lol *****. On a side note hes also taken matches off Alu/Hazz recently and he beat Jman consistently before Brawl came out. All with Zelda btw. He'll shake the rust off by the time this comes around.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

"well we dont really WANT people to bash brawl, but if they do, and it makes them happy and builds melee hype, than we really dont care."

why are people bringing up stupid **** like this

if you dont like what the TOs are saying, then dont ****ing come, no one will miss you

The GERM

Smash Ace
Took down.

yeah the apex wall was kinda weird.
There was an actual dividing wall at Apex? lol.

We are trying to find ways to perhaps get two large projectors, we just don't want the entire venue to be too congested.

And believe me, the hotel is the most legit thing you can do. We are ridiculous cool with the manager. Last year people were up late knocking back a few, room hopping playing melee, in the jacuzzi and having an awesome time. She was also very lenient on the noise level as long as it wasn't too crazy. But if you only do 5 stars and enjoy your tea and crumpets for brunch while in your robe, that is also an option...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
power concerns are legit

my unviersity called me the day b4 cot4 and were like yeaaa... so how much power are you going to be running? we seem to have forgotten to take care of the electrical side of things. when I told them the layout they freaked out and had to rush electricians to the venue to prepare for the next day lol

also the power went out at pound 3 lol

ROMBO69

Smash Cadet
Lets do it

Lol *****. On a side note hes also taken matches off Alu/Hazz recently and he beat Jman consistently before Brawl came out. All with Zelda btw. He'll shake the rust off by the time this comes around.
Alright i play falco marth and i used to be pretty good at melee :)

The King

Smash Ace

I have local 30 man tourneys with 2 projectors and another on deck. they arent hard to come by.
It was moreso my way of saying "It created a lot of hype and atmosphere, but not the kind we want at a tournament at all." There's hype that's terrific for building tension and suspense in a match's outcome... and then there's the kind of hype that can start fights and damage communities. And while something like that is difficult to regain control over in its peak (you really would've had to have been there to see just how loud it was), it's not something that can't be *prevented*. We intend to address issues like this through prevention and equality between events as best as possible.

And concerning the post about projectors, I don't know if you hold your regionals in a school auditorium or something, but projectors of that size can be quite expensive to rent, not to mention getting all the equipment and *venue space* necessary to accomidate a 2nd one. I'd much rather put that kind of money to better use, and simply iron out all the kinks to get equal projector time for both games.

Lobos

Smash Master
**** YOU HUNGRYBOX!!! I WROTE THIS IN BIG RED LETTERS SO YOU CAN SEE THIS!!!

caps

lol jk go **** wc

twitter sucks

EE/Anti keeping it real lol

sadly I won't be coming but good luck to DBR for another successful event....can't let EC take all the spot light for nationals ;)

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Alright i play falco marth and i used to be pretty good at melee :)
Sounds good. I used to be ok at Brawl but then dropped it cuz I got good at melee, but I suck at that now so Im going back. MK/Falco main so we got nothing to wrry about

Lmao Malcolm, did your eally consistently beat Jman?
Dnt sleep on him Anti. Play that Zelda next time you guys come across a melee setup. It mightve been something like 4-1 in favor of Malcolm, I forget cuz it was awhile ago

The King

Smash Ace
And then John was a zombie.

I'll end my posts with "king out" once i'm comfortable in doing 0-120% death combos without rest again lol. Gotta shake off that rust.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I want a proper hype video.

That being said, I'm excited as **** and would love to come if for no other reason than getting drunk as hell with the smash community.

That being said, someone keep Mango's ******* under control so he doesn't get wasted in tournament and lose over dumb ****. Or, at the very least, give this ***** a class of ****ing water before he goes to sleep so we don't have hangover johns out the *** coming from him.

THAT being said, everyone, stop ****ing sucking at Melee and giving Mango the impression that he can get drunk and **** on *****s with random chars. I want to be unsure about the turnout for Grand Finals. I don't care whether America, Europe or god**** MARTIANS take the title home, I just want to NOT KNOW until the last stock is removed. I don't care what chars are in GFs(Although in complete honesty, Spacey dittos and Puff dittos bore me to tears).

That being said....

HYPE.
<3 Smash

ROMBO69

Smash Cadet
I want a proper hype video.

That being said, I'm excited as **** and would love to come if for no other reason than getting drunk as hell with the smash community.

That being said, someone keep Mango's ******* under control so he doesn't get wasted in tournament and lose over dumb ****. Or, at the very least, give this ***** a class of ****ing water before he goes to sleep so we don't have hangover johns out the *** coming from him.

THAT being said, everyone, stop ****ing sucking at Melee and giving Mango the impression that he can get drunk and **** on *****s with random chars. I want to be unsure about the turnout for Grand Finals. I don't care whether America, Europe or god**** MARTIANS take the title home, I just want to NOT KNOW until the last stock is removed. I don't care what chars are in GFs(Although in complete honesty, Spacey dittos and Puff dittos bore me to tears).

That being said....

HYPE.
<3 Smash
Mango is retired.. i dont think he cares any more :)

Like Fiction asked, would it be possible to make it easier on us who play both games? I couldn't hear my name being called for brawl while the match for m2k and zhu was going on. I did check the bracket before I went to go see the match, but yeah I got myself in trouble in the end. I know it's my fault for watching some hyped up melee match when I should have been waiting for my turn to play. Actually Fiction's reasoning is better than mine due to conflicting bracket times, but I doubt I would even get far enough for it to be a problem. I still think this is a legit point to make though

Then again it was my first and only brawl tournament so I was probably being a noob about it.

If not then I guess I'll just enter brawl doubles and not singles so I don't get into trouble again next time :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom