• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The King

Smash Ace
Yeah let's just wait another 8 months to confirm our date to see if mlg will decide to place their event right on top of ours.

And iirc, the prize pool *just* for brawl in our first Genesis tourney was nearly 50% bigger than mlg's prize payout for smash at any one of their regular-season events (this year). Get hype.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
OMFGGGGG @_@
sooo yeah I think I might make this my first trip to Cali =D

which would soon be followed by a second trip since I'll be seeing nothing of Cali except the tourney all weekend XD

**** the stream! who cares about the people who won't try to get there with a year's advance notice!?
Bears repeating.
what about the people who try and get there but can't in the end, **** them too?
No but no one should be responsible for entertaining them beyond making sure matches are recorded and uploaded. People got mad spoiled by having streams available, which is always dope for people who can't be there, don't get me wrong...but that doesn't mean people get to be a**es about it and give TOs sh*t for not having one up.

One of those tourney features that people forget is a bonus.

Haven't had time to read the thread but I hope VGBootcamp is able to have a hand in this. Soooo many setups and a staff that knows how to help out...

Just sayin: there better be at least 100 setups total between both games, IMO

White_Mike

Smash Lord
All I'm gonna say is that I don't like that whole "They have a years notice to get here" because there are 3 really big tournaments coming up and some people can't afford all three, even with a years notice.

That being said, I'm going to try my best to make this. If I can't and there is no live stream then ima chill in the thread like I did for Genesis 1. Which was surprisingly ****.

Edit: This point especially applies to people from out of the country.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'll test out my cell phone technologies with streaming, i might be able to get something going

hey at least brawl finals at genesis were livestreamed lol

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Thank you so much!
Apex was def advertised as both Melee AND Brawl equally. Alex expressed it very clearly that he wanted support for both games and wanted the same amount of attendance/hype. The wall was fine PS, there were plenty of Melee heads over on the Brawl side watching GF and even just playing Brawl and vice versa from the Brawl side to Melee. In fact I think I was over on the Brawl side a lot more this time around than I was with Pound 4. I barely went over to the Brawl side, I was lazy LOL.

And um GENESIS HYPE! I can't wait to plan this trip :3

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Apex was def advertised as both Melee AND Brawl equally. Alex expressed it very clearly that he wanted support for both games and wanted the same amount of attendance/hype. The wall was fine PS, there were plenty of Melee heads over on the Brawl side watching GF and even just playing Brawl and vice versa from the Brawl side to Melee. In fact I think I was over on the Brawl side a lot more this time around than I was with Pound 4. I barely went over to the Brawl side, I was lazy LOL.

And um GENESIS HYPE! I can't wait to plan this trip :3

By all means, the tournament was run well, and I felt that there WAS equality.

I just didn't like the "threshold" that you had to cross in order to go watch Melee.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
What we must do...is start a **** melee chant, and make up a clever name for Melee.

I think meeel sounds good.
I was going to say this is a bad idea, and we as a brawl community should rise up from the immaturity... but this would actually be kinda funny.

Let's call it.... i dont know, i can't think of anything clever. Make sure it has something to do with the game being out for like a decade.

ten-lee???
Me-ten??
decade-lee?
yea, yea u see what im getting at.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
pound 5, and then this.

I could ****ing cry.

pockyD

Smash Legend
lol

barlw kids are hella salty

why do you guys care so much about what melee players think

don't you realize stuff like THAT is why you get made fun of

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
think what you guys want, but dont haveta try to ruin the experience for others

lol

melee kids are hella salty

why do you guys care so much about making fun of brawl players

don't you realize stuff like THAT is why people don't like you

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think it's pretty reasonable. Kids just trying to play a game, and then some ***s start bashing them for some reason. Brawl kids should be salty.

This thread gonna get derailed by this argument haha.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Should get off this debate though.

I just wanna hear more about this hyped hotel. I think I'm looking forward to that more than the actual tournament.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol ocean im not trolling this time. I like melee, just not all the people who come with it :)

@ keitaro, **** son, u need to come down to the south i guess. Brawl community hella legit.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i didn't bring it up, they did

barlw kids tried to ruin the hype by whining about the first one

and i had to remind them about THREE TVs

just sayin' you had nobody to blame but yourselves

the melee community did a lot for you to make sure your tournament even finished and you got your fair share of matches... including sacrificing a significant amount of our own game time

but all you do is complain about it

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Let's call it.... i dont know, i can't think of anything clever. Make sure it has something to do with the game being out for like a decade.

ten-lee???
Me-ten??
decade-lee?
yea, yea u see what im getting at.
Keith, the funny thing is, "making fun" of a game that has a ten-year following and a competitive scene that is as strong, if not stronger than the game that was released 7-8 years after it, only testifies to it's overall strength and depth as a competitive game. Having a competitive scene last 10 years only says good things about the game, not bad things about the community.

:/

You're really bad at this.

Either way, Brawl players should just rise above the immaturity displayed by Melee elitists and just play their **** game. Jesus, who cares if Melee players don't like your game?

And Melee players should take all the effort that they put towards bashing Brawl and put it towards not losing to Jigglypuff instead of saying how broken she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom