• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Either way, Brawl players should just rise above the immaturity displayed by Melee elitists and just play their **** game. Jesus, who cares if Melee players don't like your game?
I agree with this, but if I have to choose between dealing with the douchebags and playing a game I like and avoiding the douchebags while playing a game I like, its obvious what people are going to choose. People probably ARE going to rise above peoples immaturity and play their game, just not at this event.
And Melee players should take all the effort that they put towards bashing Brawl and put it towards not losing to Jigglypuff instead of saying how broken she is.

Puff is only broken in teams.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
marth is broken.... when ken ***** melee

Fox is broken.... when PC ***** melee

Jiggzz is broken... cause Hbox ***** melee

Ganon is broken... Cause Kage 3-0'd hbox at Genesis 2 in WF and GF.

i believe this is how the time line happens..

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
i didn't bring it up, they did

barlw kids tried to ruin the hype by whining about the first one

and i had to remind them about THREE TVs

just sayin' you had nobody to blame but yourselves

the melee community did a lot for you to make sure your tournament even finished and you got your fair share of matches... including sacrificing a significant amount of our own game time

but all you do is complain about it
You, as well as others, fail to mention that it was the NorCal Brawl community that has made that an issue. Blaming an entire community for one region is not really justified. Yes we all understand that things happened and both communities working together would make it a lot easier but that did not happen at the first installment of this series. We can sit and say this game sucks and that game sucks but really that does not help.

In all honesty as a leader in both games I say this argument and trolling is wasting time. I find it interesting that there is so much hate yet at Apex there was so much love and respect for all 5 games we ran that weekend. Pocky you are a valued member of the MBR and posting stuff like that does not show the MBR tolerance towards other communities. This is especially true when you refuse to even spell Brawl correctly for whatever reason you do that for. We get it you do not like the game but please if you post something like that it would be easier to not put the blame on an entire community if Norcal is being the losers ( something that MUST change if Brawl is to continue in that region step it up guys. )

This is not to say you are at fault. The BBR members and the brawl community needs to just let it go. Come on guys we just had a great event in Apex and MLG is coming up do we really need to troll a tournament a year away because someone said something bad about the game? I know it gets tiresome but reporting it to a mod makes more sense ( and less hassle ) then trying to troll them back. Melee has been through thick and thin as a community even when SRK gave us the shaft on many occasions ( remember AZ being BANNED on SRK ). You have been told to just deal with it and I am not asking for that, rather, just asking both communities to stop it with the non-sense and realize both are hear to stay and we should enjoy the cool people on both sides.

Remember for every chill melee player there is a chill brawl player.

and vice versa. Talk with people and enjoy an event do not let people ruin a great experience ever.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
lol

barlw kids are hella salty

why do you guys care so much about what melee players think

don't you realize stuff like THAT is why you get made fun of
^^ the same reason why people don't like when other people disrespect them.
It transfers over to video games too lmao
but like I said it's different because there will always be melee noobs & brawl noobs.
So this debate will never end lol

Edit: Yea Alex I agree with you 100%

M@v

Subarashii!
Juan and kage are probably the 2 coolest melee players I've ever met, as well as the pittsburgh guys.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Word, Kage + Hbox a cool pair of Melee pros.

And when i bash Melee it's usually because im just ****ing around with them *****s.

Both games are alright at this point, maybe im just losing interest in video games altogether but yeah.. haha

tw1n

Smash Champion
Genesis was mine and my brothers first oos tournament. It was the greatest experience of my life and i met some lifelong friends there. The hotel was amazing and dbr was **** (As their name does imply lol). So in the end, it'd be crazy for us not to try our hardest to come to this! For melee and for so much in o out!

pockyD

Smash Legend
You, as well as others, fail to mention that it was the NorCal Brawl community that has made that an issue. Blaming an entire community for one region is not really justified. Yes we all understand that things happened and both communities working together would make it a lot easier but that did not happen at the first installment of this series. We can sit and say this game sucks and that game sucks but really that does not help.
since i DON'T PLAY barlw, the norcal community is my only real exposure; i don't fly across the country to go to the tournaments where the cops kicked them out or where you're not allowed to jump too many times

on the other hand, the socal barlw community is mad chill... but at the same time, you don't see them rushing in here to defend themselves when there haven't even been shots fired! they're indifferent about the way their game is perceived by others, and THAT'S what makes them legit in my book. stop being so insecure, barlwers!

In all honesty as a leader in both games I say this argument and trolling is wasting time. I find it interesting that there is so much hate yet at Apex there was so much love and respect for all 5 games we ran that weekend. Pocky you are a valued member of the MBR and posting stuff like that does not show the MBR tolerance towards other communities. This is especially true when you refuse to even spell Brawl correctly for whatever reason you do that for. We get it you do not like the game but please if you post something like that it would be easier to not put the blame on an entire community if Norcal is being the losers ( something that MUST change if Brawl is to continue in that region step it up guys. )
i don't mind the game at all personally, unlike most other melee-only players

as far as 'respect', as i've said many a time, it has to be earned; there's no default level of respect for anyone

This is not to say you are at fault. The BBR members and the brawl community needs to just let it go. Come on guys we just had a great event in Apex and MLG is coming up do we really need to troll a tournament a year away because someone said something bad about the game? I know it gets tiresome but reporting it to a mod makes more sense ( and less hassle ) then trying to troll them back. Melee has been through thick and thin as a community even when SRK gave us the shaft on many occasions ( remember AZ being BANNED on SRK ). You have been told to just deal with it and I am not asking for that, rather, just asking both communities to stop it with the non-sense and realize both are hear to stay and we should enjoy the cool people on both sides.

Remember for every chill melee player there is a chill brawl player.

and vice versa. Talk with people and enjoy an event do not let people ruin a great experience ever.
i never brought any of this up on my own free will. as I repeatedly pointed out, everything I've said has been in response to some barlwer whining about something when it was really THEIR OWN COMMUNITY that let them down

it seems for every whiny melee player there's about 10 whiny barlw players here

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Lol, my dislike for PockyD is decreasing because what he's saying is true.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
pockyd your one of the whiny melee players lol

you are right though for every one whiny melee player there is like 10 whiny brawl players

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I <3 Grassroots Nationals.

I <3 Being able to play in pools.

I <3 Non-laggy TVs.

I <3 Melee Hype.

I <3 the recent upsets going on in Brawl.

I'll MM anyone in either game, because I love both games.

Both communities are mad chill from my experience. I've met/talked to a lot of cool people from both. :)

~KB

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Enough with the Smash-hate. Time for Smash-love

Smash *****.

[ninja edit= to add my Facebook quote on M2K's wall]
ME said:
Smash doesn't ****.

Smash takes you out for a wonderful day in town and then, when it finally takes you home, you have no choice but to invite it in.

It caresses you gently, touching your most tender of tender spots, sending shivers up and down your spine.

It kisses you gently, and you know you shouldn't but you're overcome with carnal instinct to just let it all go with smash.

It does things you didn't know were possible, it knows your body seemingly better than you do. To top it all off, it does this really freaky thing with its tongue that you didn't think you'd like but HOLY GOD IT WAS WONDERFUL.

And when it's all over, you fall asleep in smash's arms.

and it cooks you breakfast in the morning.

♥♥♥ smash

tw1n

Smash Champion
There was an actual dividing wall at Apex? lol.

We are trying to find ways to perhaps get two large projectors, we just don't want the entire venue to be too congested.

And believe me, the hotel is the most legit thing you can do. We are ridiculous cool with the manager. Last year people were up late knocking back a few, room hopping playing melee, in the jacuzzi and having an awesome time. She was also very lenient on the noise level as long as it wasn't too crazy. But if you only do 5 stars and enjoy your tea and crumpets for brunch while in your robe, that is also an option...
This could quite possibly be the greatest post I have ever seen in my life

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
early predictions for top 5 in melee and brawl?
i want to see how a year of practicing changes the predictions.

melee
1. Hbox.
2.pp.
3. armada
****, i really dont keep up with whos good in melee :(

Brawl.
1. Dehf ( it's his home, im sure he will go hard.
2. 9B ( cause i know japan will prob come to this in full force.
3. m2k
4. gluttony ( Europe already said they comin to some US nationals next year.
5. ADHD if he goes.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
gluttony wont go cause he is a kid

japan IDK I can check they are planning around me for some reason :dizzy:

ANTi_

Smash Hero
early predictions for top 5 in melee and brawl?
i want to see how a year of practicing changes the predictions.

melee
1. Hbox.
2.pp.
3. armada
****, i really dont keep up with whos good in melee :(

Brawl.
1. Dehf ( it's his home, im sure he will go hard.
2. 9B ( cause i know japan will prob come to this in full force.
3. m2k
4. gluttony ( Europe already said they comin to some US nationals next year.
5. ADHD if he goes.
DEHF ain't going to win this, mark my words *****. i'll even side bet.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
i dont think glutonny will go to this unless his bro or something comes along

i think 90 % of the french will go since they were planning to go to the states for a long time

sidefx

Smash Champion
Doin our best to get japan over to this

I got a few contacts there to help me with persuading them over from all 3 games.

So expect a bunch of announcements coming soon about hype players making it to this.

Kole

Smash Lord
my goal is to beat M2K and get knocked out of losers by a Sheik

tw1n

Smash Champion
Finally had time to read through all these pages! Mad hype lol.
Oh and my bro is right, we're winning this! Let thde magic happen lol :D

I'll end my posts with "king out" once i'm comfortable in doing 0-120% death combos without rest again lol. Gotta shake off that rust.
You have been my favorite puff player for years. It would be incredible to see you destroy people (including myself) at this tournament hahaha

If I'm up for a match on the projector screen for Brawl, or if I'm just in the crowd when a Brawl match happens, and I hear "**** BRAWL" chants or anything of the sort.

I'mma throw my cheeseburger into the crowd. Someone's gettin' greased by those sick-*** burgers.

Or dumping water onto you all in the crowd (if I hafta get a bucket or water bottle I will.) Get at us, *****es. Let's hype our games and wreck ****.

[EDIT]

Taj better be there again. I wanna do Ganon vs. Mewtwo this time. I still remember getting pulled into a room randomly to get 4-stocked by him. It was so fun. lmao
If you do, and you hit anyone I know, then expect me to be slamming your face into a wall and then throwing you outside in the dumpster. Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you, I am a peaceful guy but don't **** with me or my friends unless you wanna get hurt.

Oh and Taj is coming to this =D

sum melee *****es wanna get smashed? well BRING IT BROS.
Sure hahaha.

is there aplace for newer players who would have no chance of ranking? like would it still be worth it to come and smash if we arent very good yet lol
Dude you gotta come to this. Genesis 1 was my first oos tourney and my bro and I made alot of friends here and had the times of our lives. You just gotta be willing to socialize and you will be fine =D

What we must do...is start a **** melee chant, and make up a clever name for Melee.

I think meeel sounds good.
Way to slam the brawl community back to its adolescence. I agree that the f brawl chant was a little immature (and yes I also admit I was in the chant), but both communities need to grow up and cut the **** already.
Seriously enough of this melee brawl ****

Aniolas

Smash Ace
The first Genesis was purely awesome.
We might go to this one, the tickets is hella expensive though, so we'll see.
But we're sure gonna try.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
jesus, and i thought I ANNOUNCED MINE FAR IN ADVANCE!!??

lol <3

i should live in norcal at this time...woot

tw1n

Smash Champion
The first Genesis was purely awesome.
We might go to this one, the tickets is hella expensive though, so we'll see.
But we're sure gonna try.
You and your bro have gotta make it to this lol. If anything so that we can finally do a fun sparring match haha =D

And don't forget what Armada said when my bro and I interviewed you both on live stream, he's teaming with my bro if you can't ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom