• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If I'm up for a match on the projector screen for Brawl, or if I'm just in the crowd when a Brawl match happens, and I hear "**** BRAWL" chants or anything of the sort.

I'mma throw my cheeseburger into the crowd. Someone's gettin' greased by those sick-*** burgers.

Or dumping water onto you all in the crowd (if I hafta get a bucket or water bottle I will.) Get at us, *****es. Let's hype our games and wreck ****.

[EDIT]

Taj better be there again. I wanna do Ganon vs. Mewtwo this time. I still remember getting pulled into a room randomly to get 4-stocked by him. It was so fun. lmao

Also, Ally, Superboom said that a bunch of Canadians are probably gonna be coming to this? That includes me. I'm the guy who SamuraiPanda brought you into my room I was playing in, to do a $1 MM. I didn't know what you looked like. LOL

--

Panda: Hey, Spin-Dash, you wanna play this guy for a $1 MM? He really needs money to enter the tourney.

Me: Hmnn...yea sure, why not? I like helping out.

???: It's okay, I suck.

Me: Nice to meetcha, man. Brandon. Spin-Dash. You are? /shakes his hand

Ally: Ally.

Me: ............................................... Panda, you're an ***.

**** happened. And I want RETRIBUTION!!! MAH FIGHT MONEY!!

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Genesis hotel was mad legit. It was like, my third tourney ever and I ended up in a small *** hotel room with Ally, Lain, M2K and HAZE in there at the same time. Drunk as hell but no throwing up, somehow managed to divide up a bed with Vato and HAZE (hawt).

Tourney was legit too. Having both tourneys together was epic, melee was super hype and fun to watch even for someone who has never played it competively. Brawl EC vs WC crews were like, the most epic thing to ever happen in smash

Alukard

Smash Hero
If I'm up for a match on the projector screen for Brawl, or if I'm just in the crowd when a Brawl match happens, and I hear "**** BRAWL" chants or anything of the sort.

I'mma throw my cheeseburger into the crowd. Someone's gettin' greased by those sick-*** burgers.

Or dumping water onto you all in the crowd (if I hafta get a bucket or water bottle I will.) Get at us, *****es. Let's hype our games and wreck ****.
u do understand u will be fighting after this LOL

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
is there aplace for newer players who would have no chance of ranking? like would it still be worth it to come and smash if we arent very good yet lol

Bob Money

Smash Ace
sorry for posting that link over and over, i dont know how that happened. (must of been refresh button doing it with a combination of my internet tweaking out)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I didn't go to Dennys last time. D:

We had burgers from that one...place... I forget what it was called. I think Superboom got diabetus from it lolz

omgwtfToph

Smash Master

OMFGGG CREEPY FINGER BURGERS

or uh

PROSU BURGERS

im gonna chant **** BRAWL at you just so you throw one of those burgers at me. THEYRE SOOO GOOD

BOBACK, ARE THERE GONNA BE PROSU BURGERS AGAIN LIKE LAST TIME???

sorry for posting that link over and over, i dont know how that happened. (must of been refresh button doing it with a combination of my internet tweaking out)
LOL! I thought you were just posting an awesome link every page as a VERY unorthodox way to hype this tournament. I kind of liked it. You should keep posting that link. Or put it in your sig or something.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
is there aplace for newer players who would have no chance of ranking? like would it still be worth it to come and smash if we arent very good yet lol
yes of course, please come. You will get so much better at this game in those 3 days you will begging for a genesis 3 the next weekend. have a good time, no one is going to give you a hard time for not being godlike at this game. :)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Done deal. Second those chants start up, "WHERE THE **** IS TOPH?!"

You answer, I deliver.

Not like you're good enough to actually make money to afford one in the first place at this. Melee scrub. :)

Bring those burgers back. They were so good. Greasy garlic buns and all. I think they were greased up garlic buns...right?

sidefx

Smash Champion
if youre wondering if there will be an amateur type bracket, then the answer is sadly no.

what genesis can offer for the newer guys, is the experience of a life time, that will be unmatched for the rest of your smash career.

its a great way to start, and a great way to meet new people, and play them.

all you gotta do is call next, and play your heart out for the whole weekend. the more you play the better you get, and having every single top player in one location doesnt hurt either.

you have to get your *** whooped in the game in order to get better or else youll get no where =)

so i say come!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
SFX is right. And it is absolutely true that you will get leaps and bounds better surrounded by such competition in such a short amount of time. It was my first national tournament in America and I got totalled day 1 and 2.

Day 3 I got too good too late though. I was taking it to people and showin' that I was a legit Smasher after all. Now with a year to go for Pound V AND Genesis 2? Nowhere to go for me but up. And the same goes for you man. PhantomEdge. Get here. Because you will not regret how much of a better player you'll become and the people you'll meet. Memories are made here. It's not just about Smash. It's about living it up while you still can

Also, I'm getting another DBR shirt. They're SO nice. Hope the design for the next ones are just as good.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It can happen. With enough hard work and devotion you could even be the next guy whose in Grand Finals. Making it out of pools is an accomplishment enough at large-scale events like this.

When you're out of pools, you're remembered for beating out the crowd of hundreds and hundreds. You're better than those people who didn't make it. You tried hard enough and GOT there. Now take it a step further.

Melee or Brawl alike. Go for it.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
im a pretty hardcore melee lover, i must say. right now my current goal is to sit down and practice so i can get my l cancelling and drill shining with fox down 100% so i dont have to worry about tech skills and i can just focus on the mind games.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
im going to bring boback some norms on my way up

and if i play him in tournament, im going to throw mustard at him

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
That's gonna be tough. There is a theory though, and so far I think it's been proven correct. Playing Brawl increases your mindgames/Melee game in general. Currently Superboom is the arguably best Brawl/Melee/64 player on Canada's West Coast (BC would prolly have something to say about the Melee part though). And he got better at Melee from what he did with Brawl, which is based around lots of prediction and mindgames. It transfers over in Melee, including spacing and relying on more than just tech skill/known combos.

I'm not saying this so that you'll play it. Everyone has their own ways. It seems to be shown to work though. To be honest, it's actually worked for me, and I love playing both games. I may or may not enter both games at Genesis 2, but if I did, I'd have both games to thank for making me better as a whole.

Personally, for someone like Fox, I think you should focus on tech skill first, like you're doing now, and then impliment mindgames afterwards on that skill.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
im a pretty hardcore melee lover, i must say. right now my current goal is to sit down and practice so i can get my l cancelling and drill shining with fox down 100% so i dont have to worry about tech skills and i can just focus on the mind games.
thats the right idea

COME TO THE FOX BOARDS

we will show you the path to enlightenment

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
yeah im getting a lot better with rudimentary shine combos like for example, ill (occasionally be able to pull off) a drill shine / then waveshine to a finisher like up smash or at least a set up move. yeah, really gotta practice to get consistent though. i could definitely use some advice on generally how to improve with fox however

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
THERE BETTER BE PROSU BURGERS
aghahg803y2408tgghaw

OM NOM NOM

on a different note, I'm crazy hyped for this :D:D

If mango wants to quit let him. There will be people better than he was.

Jem.

Smash Master
Genesis 1 was a really fun tournament.

I don't think I'll be coming though unless a top player teams with me for doubles.

So, if you're interested, PM me. if you really dont know who i am, i placed 5th in doubles @ MLG with Rich Brown and I main metaknight and am a threat to any player in doubles.

EDIT: You might want to be careful, it's usually better to wait until MLG's schedule for the next year comes out first. Otherwise you're losing pretty much every brawl attendee if theyre landing on the same weekend. So just be aware

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
omg I def gonna save up to come to genesis if anything.
Genesis 1 looked so hyped, plus had one of the greatest games of all time in gaming period.
Not just smash but one of the most epic sets in video game history.
**** hopefully this tournament is full of suprises.

I've been reading this thread & it's funny how the noobs or the not so good people in melee alway's comment on hating brawl. Idk why alot of the brawl players are getting mad when the only one's that are hating are the trashy players & melee fanboys. lmao

The top melee & top brawl players don't care about the debate.
After all everybody know's melee is a better game than brawl.

Anyway's Imma def. keep training for this event & become a threat to compete for the gold son lol

Pi

Smash Hero
Genesis 1 was a really fun tournament.

I don't think I'll be coming though unless a top player teams with me for doubles.

So, if you're interested, PM me. if you really dont know who i am, i placed 5th in doubles @ MLG with Rich Brown and I main metaknight and am a threat to any player in doubles.

EDIT: You might want to be careful, it's usually better to wait until MLG's schedule for the next year comes out first. Otherwise you're losing pretty much every brawl attendee if theyre landing on the same weekend. So just be aware
Genesis was here first.

also

lmao @ this thread

Man I want to go to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom