• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
It's funny you mention HMW. He still doesn't deinterlace his videos, and he insists on making his videos extra wide. Maybe some people think it looks better, who knows, but it's still wrong. And he's still one of the best out there.
Also, what's keeping him from commentating on my setup?

An example of the things I do for my videos:
My computer broke* so I had to borrow one that apparently couldn't handle the recording. It dropped frames like crazy. I fixed it. It took a few days to figure out how, who else would've even tried?

*doesn't sound very reliable I know =). Hadn't finished building the computer yet so it was completely open. Someone touched the insides and it shorted.
Waffles doesnt even WANT to record genesis matches.

You know, insulting someone (and trying to hide it by praising them shortly afterwards) is so not gonna help your cause.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
yo ajp you know a lot about video quality and all that right?

do you know how this guy got such good quality?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtQRvfbThqI
That looks pretty good. There's some blocking (in his other matches, Rainbow is very compressible), but I don't know if it's because of him or Youtube. Other than that I can't see any serious flaws.
That is achievable by just deinterlacing, and avoiding any extra steps that most programs sadly add to the process. Additional quality would require either higher resolution or not using Youtube at all.

Doesn't PAL have different A/V setup than NTSC? Is that going to effect your recording?
The signal is slightly different, but pretty much everything supports both so there's no problem.
I'll just have to tweak my auto-naming to the NTSC Melee layout (the character icons are different).

You know, insulting someone (and trying to hide it by praising them shortly afterwards) is so not gonna help your cause.
I know that looked kinda weird. The "praising" was supposed to tell more about everyone else than him.
I don't like going around pointing out others mistakes, but simply saying "I'm good" with nothing to compare to haven't proven to be very effective. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone personally.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I know that looked kinda weird. The "praising" was supposed to tell more about everyone else than him.
I don't like going around pointing out others mistakes, but simply saying "I'm good" with nothing to compare to haven't proven to be very effective. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone personally.
The problem lies in that, you shouldnt have to say anything. We have access to your work, a lot of people praise it, let your work (which is well done) speak for itself.

Honestly, I think Boback is just gonna set up his own main recording because he has the assets to.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I have to book on monday cause there isnt enough money in my account and the builders society was closed to withdraw some from my savings. But I'm definitelly gonna be going there from:

28/29th June -> 20th July

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
This might sound silly but is there any way you (hosts) could rent chairs or stools we can stand on? It was an issue at the last tournament, everoyne knows but some setups just get such huge crowds (rightly) and that might be able to elimate that problem.

I'm not so worried myself, I'm a pretty tall guy.

sidefx

Smash Champion
The problem lies in that, you shouldnt have to say anything. We have access to your work, a lot of people praise it, let your work (which is well done) speak for itself.

Honestly, I think Boback is just gonna set up his own main recording because he has the assets to.
Alan i dont if i have the time and effort to do that anymore. I would like to, but at this point things are piling on top of each other i probably wont have the time to do it, or the energy, which is why im looking at someone else or others do to it.

I have to book on monday cause there isnt enough money in my account and the builders society was closed to withdraw some from my savings. But I'm definitelly gonna be going there from:

28/29th June -> 20th July
ill keep those dates in mind when im asking around for housing

This might sound silly but is there any way you (hosts) could rent chairs or stools we can stand on? It was an issue at the last tournament, everoyne knows but some setups just get such huge crowds (rightly) and that might be able to elimate that problem.

I'm not so worried myself, I'm a pretty tall guy.
if its a huge hyped up match, we will most likely be having it on the main projector screen on the stage. Other than that, if its just like a pool match or early round bracket match, im not sure what else we can do. its just a common problem in larger tournament due to the amount of people that want to watch.

I can definitely say that we actually are taking that aspect into our layout design this time, to try and fix that problem as much as possible, but it will likely regardless. =\

WassupJB

Smash Lord
you have a lot on your plate boback. i truly wish you well with this tournament.

i'll be there to help out for sure.. but you may have more than enough help lol.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Good news I'm booked :p I found a flight for £575 today too o_o thats £50 less (got lucky I waited 2 days lol)

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Arrival: 19:24 San Francisco, CA, USA - San Francisco International, terminal 1

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Departure: 07:25 San Francisco, CA, USA - San Francisco International, terminal 1

woot, it's a long stay but I am graduating and gotta enjoy myself after all =) cant wait to meet everyone in cali!

If I cant get housing for most of that time I'll understand, I always have money spare for a hotel but hotels = throwing money down the drain imo

Someone's gonna have to be my tourist guide!~ :3 Can anyone house me around? =D I wanna see some places + falcon you guys up in smash :p

Happy valentimes day everyone!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Happy VD everyone ;)

And that's awesome Fuzzy. Bring extra English Tea and I will buy some off of you :D
Make it the good stuff haha.

SFAT

Smash Ace
Good news I'm booked :p I found a flight for £575 today too o_o thats £50 less (got lucky I waited 2 days lol)

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Arrival: 19:24 San Francisco, CA, USA - San Francisco International, terminal 1

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Departure: 07:25 San Francisco, CA, USA - San Francisco International, terminal 1

woot, it's a long stay but I am graduating and gotta enjoy myself after all =) cant wait to meet everyone in cali!

If I cant get housing for most of that time I'll understand, I always have money spare for a hotel but hotels = throwing money down the drain imo

Someone's gonna have to be my tourist guide!~ :3 Can anyone house me around? =D I wanna see some places + falcon you guys up in smash :p

Happy valentimes day everyone!

I'd be down to house you for a little while. Maybe like a week or so? And then we can see if anybody else wants to. I wana play you haha. I live pretty close to SFO. Let me know if you'd be interested.

tw1n

Smash Champion
English tea is incredible! My family is from England originally. I love tea more than any other drink and the few times I had tea from England it was the best.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Is "English Tea" the same as "English Breakfast Tea" or is it different? The first time my friend suggested me to drink tea on a regular basis in the dining common, I reached out for the "English Breakfast Tea" bag and my friend was like "That sounds like a white man's tea." Then I was like "Yeah, how about I'll just try the Green Tea." Then my friend who was like "Good choice." Then I never got around to trying the "English Breakfast Tea." :( My friend and I are both Asian.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Green tea is awesome :) But English tea is best if it comes straight from England lol. The American versions don't do it justice in my opinion. Green tea is my favorite tea I can buy anywhere lol.

This tournament is gonna be freakin great :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
English tea with honey is nice gotta admit, but I do love my green jasmine tea too :3

I'd be down to house you for a little while. Maybe like a week or so? And then we can see if anybody else wants to. I wana play you haha. I live pretty close to SFO. Let me know if you'd be interested.
that would be cool o_o kinda perfect too cause I heard its only worth staying in SFO for like..4 days? lol
Who lives close? =P

FEE*

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure i'm going..i missed the first Genesis so i'm going to make sure i don't miss this one! ^-^

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
have you ever been to a tournament before

srsly dude its pretty clear why they wont run one
I have, but not one as big of a deal as this one.

I was just hoping, because I play luigi, m2 and YL pretty often, and they're no match for falco..

Composeur

Smash Ace
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I have enough respect for ajp and all the effort he's put into recording the European smash scene to chime it in. Even to midwest America, anton's streams from Sweden (or elsewhere) were nonpareil in their quality and consistency. The guy's a bedrock in the European smash community, and has always been responsible for recording things that no one else would have. I think that AJP probably knows more about recording technology than most, if not all, of the other wonderful individuals that still record and upload videos. As long as I've been paying attention, I have consistently felt that without question, his videos are superb enough to warrant him some kind of special consideration here. As a side note, I think it's really great how much he cares about and takes care of the smash community.

But really, let's seriously try to get AJP recording our best matches while having Husband & Wife commentate. HMW/Dogysamich can too, of course...but husband/wife's commentary has always been the most focused. I have more confidence in him being able to record/stream all the hyped matches in high quality more competently than perhaps any other person on this forum.

meow. I'm only a douche online :(
lmao

<3

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm losing respect for him due to the massive amount of people **** riding him.

Just let it ****ing go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom