• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
due to there being no SNY (sadly..) I may put on a show for you guys =)

I challenge armada to the yearly money match.. AT GENESIS 2

$50?

I'll be using ntsc falcon

I'd really want to do this with an american crowd to see how different it'd be =P

The King

Smash Ace
When you come to NorCal to cheer on your hero in a crowd...

You don't just cheer... you don't just scream...

You swing F***ing CHAIRS over your head.

Also, I'm surprised there was a discussion at all concerning one's ability to travel to an event like this. Even with an announcement a year in advance, that only really gives maybe 5% of the possible attendees the ability to confidently book that far in advance. While it does give everyone the ability to start saving money that early-on (hell, it's slightly more than a dollar a day lol, hold off on those 2-for-1 tacos at Jack In The Box and you've got this), many people cannot reliably take that much time out of their lives to travel.

Considering it's a full three-day event, which realistically requires almost 5 full days of vacation to attend (travelling there on thursday, going home on monday) there are few jobs which provide such lienancy even with months of notice. For many jobs, they'd rather just fire you and replace you with somebody who will work that weekend stretch. There's also the parential-trust argument, that they won't just let their child fly halfway across the country to attend a tourney with hundreds of strangers lol, some people might have other important social/family obligations to attend, etc, etc. Hell, just to use that funeral excuse... If the funeral falls on a friday, they would still be able to watch a livestream on Sunday, but because of the funeral it's impossible for them to really attend the tournament.

In the end, while livestream is *technically* possible, at the venue where this event is occurring it is not reasonably feasible to us, primarily due to financial restraints & installation privelages.

Because of this, we're just gonna roll with it. If you REALLY want the full Genesis experience, complete with being surrounded by the entirety of the smash community, amazing commentary, the finest melee & brawl matchups the community has ever seen, and histeria-filled chair-waving crowds, by all means... if you've got the opportunity, be sure to attend Genesis-II.

-King Out

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
^

and THAT is how you explain it. 10/10

still sad no stream, but i definitely understand reasoning

hope nothing comes up so i can attend cause genesis 1 was amaaaaaaaazing

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero

$50?

I'd really want to do this with an American crowd to see how different it'd be =P
this sounds like something that the entire world would like to see

sadly.... not the entire world will make it to gen 2, and that will be the only way to watch this amazing mm.

so sadly

only 200-300 at best will see u do this, instead of the whole world.

sadly.

sadly....

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
thats still a good crowd =P double than the last one and I wont know anyone apart from a few europeans and the people ive been watching vids of for 4 years

funnily I know most of the american good players just never met them in person :p so I'll be going around wondering who the **** everyone is at first :D

man dat salty sadly LOL

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah dan is better with words than i am.. sorry if my explaination came off as rude in inconsiderate.

the point i was basically trying to make was that besides the fact that we have no internet to even stream anything if we wanted to.. after putting so much into the tournament.. which by the way it really isnt only a tournament, its an event and an experience we want people to witness first hand in person..

having a live stream takes away from that experience we want people to have.

its not about being greedy, or selfish or some marketing ploy that we are doing for people to come out.

we just want the people who did go to genesis 2, to walk away with a lasting memory that they deserve to have.

a;kgndsa;kldsgnkld;sgna;ldskgnn and i HATE the fact that just because its a large event , it means were **REQUIRED** to have a live stream. hellllllllllllllllllll no.

edit:
@Koru Barton

ever heard of youtube?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo Fuzzy! You'll recognize my bro and I instantly. We'll be the twins with the magic tricks ;)

And i'll cheer for ya in that MM k :D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

$50?

I'd really want to do this with an american crowd to see how different it'd be =P
It will be **** this time around since it will be minus my commentary....

But either way I hope you enjoy giving that free money to Armada once again, I predict a 3-0 this time.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I was thinking of doing the same

clearly livestream was successful, over 1000 people wanted it lol

the only problem is ensuring a good connection + management

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Looks like I'm pretty much confirmed as long as we can gather a group of 5-7 people. Currently 9 people interested so it looks very possible.

Anyone able&willing to house max 7 swedes in San Francisco like 2 days before the tournament?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
genesis 2 is the tournament of 2011. pound was the precursor for this amazingness. let's see how big we can make this...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so this is the next huge tourney now that #5 is over

hype train is now in motion

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Donation fund, aye?

I'll be sure to donate after I pay my ticket, but for now I'll spread it around facebook and all those other places.

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype!! <3

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
L, quit blindly proclaiming "no johns" and start respecting other players' inability to attend. Not everyone can blow off $500 and commit five days of their life to a videogame. The "get a job or don't go" statement reeks of ignorance, and the wedding/funeral comparison simply made me cringe.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
*****s got trolled hella hard by L.

I can already picture him laughing as he tosses he black, elegantly combed hair. Grinning as he pushes the "Post Quick Reply" with a witty message about your lack of jobs and his ability to snap one up in two seconds.

You guys fell for it, and fell hard.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom