• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crank That Kosha Boy! Featuring DugFinn and Xyro! FULL RESULTS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Ally - Stop taking all of our money!

ksizzle - Good ****. You could've had grand finals, but don't worry about it. You'll get him next time!

ADHD - The way you lost that one match to Ally was ridiculous. I think Rhyme still wants to see your Samus. :p

Shadow - That Wario is definitely something. Good **** making it up here. Why is it that we talk all the time outside of tournaments and NEVER see each other at them? Lmao.

Candy - Good **** placing so well, you black man. Hanging out outside Inui's room was fun.

Takeover - Very nice job. You're a really cool dude and very good, we need to finish playing (finally!).

Junebug - Nice meeting you. I still haven't seen your Lucario in person yet.

NEO - Don't worry, I didn't snoop into your notes. :p I just knew instantly that a whole packet of stuff with words related to Smash on it could be none other than yours. I haven't played you since January, we should do that some time.

Zucco - Don't get so down about your losses! Glad I scared you a little bit in teams.

Meep - Our teams set was hilarious, lol. When you guys act like that it kinda makes me nervous.

ChuDat - Sucks that we couldn't get our picture nicely. Perhaps if I come down to C3 this weekend...

Kid - Great job. Looks like you still need help vs. Kirby. Next time I'm around you guys, I'll give you some help.

Keitaro - Teaming was really fun. I would definitely be down to do it again. I can't believe we lost that way! Oh well, it was nobody's fault.

Gunblade - Nice job stepping it up!

Kai - What happened? :(

Deez - This man disappears all day and makes only his brother visible. Magic?

HAT - I love talking to you. You're one of the most engaging people to make conversation with. I shall check out this Pac-Man RPG.

Pyronic~Star - I still can't get over the way you sit for your matches. Good **** in teams, I find it very difficult to fight Olimar there.

Inui - I agree that people shouldn't be complaining about the venue fee. You had it much worse than any of us did today, and don't deserve to have people *****. You ran a great tournament. Let people say what they will, that fact doesn't change. I really hope everything goes well with your living situation.

PRiDE - I'm happy you're back. :D Talking about gay **** with you = hilarious. Can't handle the PRiDE Knight!

BSC / JG Wentworth / Eazy / Pierce - What happened? You know you guys are better than 25th.

Nairo - You're getting pretty impressive. Work on your patience and just be a little bit more deliberate with thinking over your moves. You're a talented kid. Practice with your brother and

Seph - Good to hear that you plan to repay Sin.

Will - ****, what happened in singles? I hope you were playing well in our set...which you probably were, because you just beat Hat before that. :p Great games as always. Our sets are crazy. Game two wasn't recorded! :(

Ether - Buffered aerials for the loss. I wish your placings reflected your brainpower and ability. Come by and train with me in Brawl+/SF/Brawl if you ever feel like driving two hours.

Slikvik - See Ether, regarding skill. You're way too good for this placing!

Glass Joe - You definitely surprised me. Where did you come from? Lmao.

Juice - Moving up in the world. :)

Sin - It was nice talking to you. Our teams set was silly. Hopefully everything works out with Seph.

Xyro - Great meeting you! Your Samus is very impressive. I'll remember that up B autosnap edgehog. ;)

Cyanide - You should definitely step up your activity. You have talent, you just need to stop choking.

KirinBlaze - Snake, really? :/

EE - Didn't even talk to you at all. Was the event worth the dishes? LOL

NO-IDea - Your Samus is also very impressive.

Izumi - It really was a tournament set. Check the bracket. :p

Rhyme - Step it up! Come over more so you're not rusty.

RJ - Barely got to talk to you too!

Alex Strife - Don't worry so much about getting people to recognize you as a player. Your time will come. It happens to a lot of us, including me. Having a huge problem with getting noticed will only hold you back in the long run.

Sephiroth.com - Let me know when you upload my money match.

DugFinn - Nice meeting you! Maybe I'll see you and Xyro at WHOBO2.

Korn - Not entering singles? Good choice! *high fives* Btw, "erick guy" is the one who beat Atomsk, lol.

So yeah, a ****ty player like me actually profited from this tournament because I didn't enter singles and just money matched people/had a lot of fun in teams. :p I wonder if people actually don't like me, or they just forgot to leave me a shoutout 'cause I'm not in the singles results.

Palpi

Smash Hero
you're pretty abrasive doom. That is why no one leaves you comments.

Doom - good job giving me the business, inc. johns i played really bad yesterday :( i gave your diddy the biz tho

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
md/va is really tight and awsome people lol perice if u guys do go, talk to me about it so i can finish business there.

im debating whether to stop playing or really go into hyperbolic time chamber and come out ksizzle status

Max Ketchum

And when exactly have we come BESIDES Inui and Atomsk? I know Zucco went once. I went twice ages ago when I was just above average, and lost to ranked players (and Deez, who I've beaten a few times since then, once very recently). I don't know if Doom has gone or how he's done. When have our good players (ADHD, Ksizzle, Kai, Malcolm, Bleachigo) even been there?
I haven't been there since March. I've come down about five times, but not since I got good.

Wyatt went once with me and got 2nd to meep, kelvin went to BTYF and did bad, doom has gone and done not as hot as well purse
The last time I went, I tied with Chu/g-reg/somebody else good and beat Slikvik fresh off a tourney win. I also beat Esoj and Turbo. I still didn't do fantastic, but I did pretty well. (this was BTYF)

Ksizzle never came

Malcolm came in august or september and got 7th
ADHD has been here and got 2nd to meep
Kai would probably get 9th or so in our region, considering we do have a bit of diddy/sonic experience

thats right, ksizzle did come here once, and got 17th
ksizzle came in March (BTYF), before he got amazing. Malcolm also significantly improved recently.

A lot of NY threats and a couple NJ people were absent from this, but this is still probably the fairest way to determine it considering almost all of MD/VA's ranking list and even more were here.

NJ, trip to C3 this weekend? I'm down. *needs a partner*

ENORMOUS edit 'cause I don't wanna double post:

Jeez Trev, who's side are you on?

Anyway, I think it's suffice to say that we won't be so easy this time around.
*sufficient ;) Suffice is a verb. Yeah, get at me.

lmao Doom, I played Snake and Kirin played MK in doubles for one set. We played Ganon/Mario the one before and just wanted to have fun pretty much lol
LOL Ganon/Mario sounds epic.

you're pretty abrasive doom. That is why no one leaves you comments.

Doom - good job giving me the business, inc. johns i played really bad yesterday :( i gave your diddy the biz tho
:( i is not abrasive (brb dictionary.com)

LOL Yeah my Diddy sucks ****, I just like doing the sliding banana pull off the edge.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Ether, Double MK is just too good. Sorry for slacking vs. ADHD and Meep.
I feel like I was more responsible for our losses. I'm thinking I need a more mobile character to use against double MK and for doubles in general, and I plan to start working on that right away.

Inui, I think that with OOS attendance from FIVE states, and only 60 entrants in singles proves my point that singles is kinda fading out.
I agree. Seems like the game is starting to die.

ATTENTION ALL RANKED PLAYERS OF NY/NJ!!!!

We really should return the favor, and keep this rekindled friendly rivalry between NY/NJ and MD/VA going. We didn't have NY backing us, and we still manage to hold them at the gate. Now we should charge forth into their land, and slay MD/VA once and for all, putting them in their place. WE ARE the best region for smash, aren't we? Let's prove it, and take a trip to MD/VA.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254903&page=2

This tourney is at a reasonable time. What say you all?
Yeah, NJ/NY need to hit this tournament. Hopefully there is enough interest.

Also, @ Doom: I didn't play any matches in losers bracket, since I forfeited, so that's what my placing reflects. I wasn't supposed to be in the bracket in the first place.

Max Ketchum

Lmao, we shall MM indeed. I'm totally down for my MK vs. your Snake, that's actually my matchup of preference. I'll do MK vs. Dedede too, or Wario vs. Dedede if I'm feeling particularly adventurous.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Lmao, we shall MM indeed. I'm totally down for my MK vs. your Snake, that's actually my matchup of preference. I'll do MK vs. Dedede too, or Wario vs. Dedede if I'm feeling particularly adventurous.
$5 money match me!!! your wario vs my snake!!! and if im feeling saucy I will also do mk vs snake. =]

Zucco

Smash Master
I will be doing mms from now on, but not with Lucario. I only play my best with Lucario when Im really trying to win, and the only time I feel that way is in brackets.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
1: Crank Dat Swine Flu (Ally + Atomsk) (Snake + King Dedede/Wario/Meta Knight)

lol we shoulda copyrighted that name. i know its epic.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
So KandyKornn beat Atomsk and Ally in losers then lost in GF's

This guy Ally making set comebacks in both events rofl

good shizzz

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Important

Oh yeah, and as a community, we need to make an important decision, because quite frankly, I am sick and tired of the confusion I get from this situation.

We need a solid decision regarding fist bumps versus hand shakes at the end of sets.

I am sick of this indecisiveness. Let me give you a rundown of my experiences. Here is what happens at the end of each set:

1. I got for hand shake.
  2. He goes for fist bump.
  3. I decide to change it up as we go towards each other.
  4. He also changes it up.
  5. I punch his palm.

OR

1. I go for hand shake.
  2. He goes for fist bump.
  3. I say "**** it, I'm not changing it up"
  4. I grab a fist, and continue to shake it.

This is unacceptable. We need to make a decision: fist bump, or hand shake. I personally vote for the hand shake, as I feel it is the more manly of the two options. If we do not make a decision quickly, I am shaking everyone's fist. I just don't care anymore.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Fist bump is more sanitary (and more efficient)

Also, I found out that that tourney is mad deep in Maryland, and honestly doesn't have any solid standing to it (hence it's unreliable for us to travel to)

I'm going to ROM2, so I cannot join you all if you go to C3. Chu's next bi-weekly is Thanksgiving weekend, so I probably won't be there.

Chu's bi-weekly after that sounds pretty appealing though . . .

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
And I guess we haven't settled who's the best Samus yet, Xyro. Tie for 33rd. Fail. lolol
We have no sufficient grounds to judge that with. Even in Samus dittos we went even if you count all friendlies and the set. I lost the set, but because I SD'ed after a stock lead game 3, while Xyro got to reset the first match after SDing even through I was ****** with a percent lead. So our Samus dittos proved nothing.

If you want to count Xyro's accomplishments as evidence, he also nearly got 3-stocked by boss's mario in tourney, of which on the Samus boards we discussed that if I could go close with boss, Xyro could beat him. False conclusion. As for experience johns... BR2 was the first time I ever played Boss's Mario. So no to that.

I think we have different experience in different MUs, but overall we don't have anything to hold over the other. We'll have to settle it at the next tourney we both attend and enter. Which btw, over the summer, I do plan on taking up your offer and going to HOBO, Xyro.
There is no comp. Ive been better and always will be. no other samus main comes close. You bring up a match between me and boss when you cant beat him in a set either? Congrats.

i won the set vs you and had to leave during another. im sorry i didnt get to stay and win the other set, duty calls. Please come to hobo(all events u will enter for free, my treat) and try again or ill come back here some day.

Xyro =). Hopefully I'll see you at Otakon and we can hang out some moar ^_^.

Xyro - Sorry about being obnoxious LOL. Nice meetin you and I hope I wasn't that annoying :laugh:.

no no i like you. you are pretty **** cool. im glad we met

1:

Xyro - Amazing to meet you, you're one of the nicest smashers I've met. So glad you came up. I'll try to make it down to a HOBO some time.
thank you so much. and yea please go to a hobo

Xyro, beastly Samus. You were really chill in person, and it was wonderful to have you. I hope you enjoyed your stay. Excellent and practical player.
Thanks man. Im glad i finally got to meet you. You are a really cool guy.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
This is unacceptable. We need to make a decision: fist bump, or hand shake. I personally vote for the hand shake, as I feel it is the more manly of the two options. If we do not make a decision quickly, I am shaking everyone's fist. I just don't care anymore.
o_o I never thought it was that big of a deal lol. I'm used to doing pounds though personally.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Come to the c3 after this upcoming one if you need time to plan guys, the other tourny you posted Pierce is not worth the drive. c3 is like only 20 minutes past Chu's and the venue is VERY nice, it'll be awesome (:

Xyro has the best Samus from what I saw, period.

Max Ketchum

What, like legitimately a girl? Lol, Inui met her a long time ago, way before he started obsessing over her publicly. Apparently she's very well known amongst convention-goers.

Top Bottom